1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

UCSF Class of 2008

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by tigger01, Dec 13, 2005.

1. tigger01

tigger01 Junior Member

Hi there!

I start this thread in hope to get to know all my future classmates. Should we introduce ourselves? What so you think? ;)

:love: :love: :love:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pv25

pv25 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

hi tigger01! I'm ur classmate.congrats to u!!! :D

4. skap

skap Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    hi pv25 r u joining USC or UCSF. i read in the other thread that u got an acceptence at USC too. :confused:

5. manik khisti

manik khisti Member
    5+ Year Member

I am also in UCSF class of 2008.

See you all soon.

Best,
    Manik

6. aaram

aaram Member
    5+ Year Member

glad to meet u all i am also in UCSFclass of 2008

7. onedentist

onedentist New Member
    5+ Year Member

Hey,
    All you guys in the class of UCSF 2008. Congrats to you! Well done.

Could you post your stats: NBDE/TOEFL/GPAs etc.
    Thanks

8. dileepdanivas

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    congrats to all of you!!!
    Hope to see you all here soon.

enjoy
    Dileep

9. DENTISTHONEY

DENTISTHONEY Member
    7+ Year Member

hi ,

I am also accepted at UCSF.......Its really nice to see all of our batchmates here.....Please feel free to contact me at my e-mail at [email protected] I am looking forward to talk with you all pesonally on phone, so that we can know each other better. I am new to San Francisco and wish someone of our batchmate can give me some information about this big city.

thanks

10. tigertooth

tigertooth Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hello, everyone! Congratulations on all your acceptance. See your guys at UCSF!

11. dentisttim

dentisttim Junior Member

I am so happy to join you guys. I hope we could share some information about UCSF housing, living.... but I live in the east coast and have no idea about SF at all.
    Could anyone help? thanks a lot!

12. manik khisti

manik khisti Member
    5+ Year Member

Does anyone know how much deposit is required to be paid at UCSF and by which date?

Thanks.

Best,

13. aaram

aaram Member
    5+ Year Member

i called UCSF yesterday i was told well be getting one or two sets of papers one from Mr.petri/Ms.wanda , one from from Ms. Barbara R thru regular mail
    someone also told in a thred here that we are req to send acceptance by 1 jan

14. nidhi2424

nidhi2424 Junior Member

Dental Student
    Hello,

I am also accepted at UCSF and I will be joining UCSF. I am still waiting to hear more about the acceptance process. Please post any info if you have one.

Congratulations to all who made it!
    Nidhi

15. tigger01

tigger01 Junior Member

Hi,

I got the email from Mr.Petri Gordon which said that I got the provisional acceptance into UCSF, and they sent out the package through regular mail on 12/12. But since then I haven't received anything in the mail yet. :confused:

Have any of you received it? Please answer ASAP.

Thanks.

16. aaram

aaram Member
    5+ Year Member

no not yet talked to Ms. Barbara R she is sending the packets today .we need to send the acceptance card back by jan 13th.

17. BDS-DMD

BDS-DMD Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

18. DENTISTHONEY

DENTISTHONEY Member
    7+ Year Member

hi, even i didnt get any letter by mail so far, actually they have sent the provisional acceptance letter by mail on 12/12 and not the packets, because of Christmas all the letters are delayed everywhere in USA. And they have sent the packets out today, so in next week we will be getting the packets, which will be having all the information what all we have to submit back to school to reserve our seat. I am sorry if any of my information is wrong.

thanks

19. dileepdanivas

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hi manik, when I joined the deposit was $1,000; i guess it has not changed now.

congrats once again.
    Dileep

20. dent15

dent15 New Member

:confused:hi,
    welcome to the most disorganized program, i bet no body can deny that!!
    I am having my share, plz come and be a part of it.
    am i rite dileep???

21. aaram

aaram Member
    5+ Year Member

Can u please give me information about the network service for mobile which has best reception ?which one shud I choose, cingular,verizon or sprint or anything other than these??

22. dentaljock

dentaljock Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

yeah, they do feel disorganized....on top of that I see little value in studying in a way overpriced city like SF....high living expenses...high fees....on top of that take a drive in the areas around......the whole bay area is overflowing with dentists....after graduating from here, whats the chance of getting to work locally? practically, none....who'd want to go to rural Idaho to practice ? ....
    I have opted out....

anyway goodluck to all of you in chasing your dreams!!!

23. felini

felini Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hi:
    I didn't see that the program was disorganized. That was maybe your experience because mine was marvelous. The staff and teachers were very friendly and you don't see that in many schools even though we were really stressed by the whole interview process.
    Of course everyone has a different point of view and thatÂ’s why we use this forum. As I always say every international program has weaknesses and strengthens so nothing is perfect.
    Good luck in your choices and in your future!

24. tigertooth

tigertooth Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hi, are you the IDP studnet of UCSF? Can you tell us about the program. Why you think it tis the most disorganized program? It will hlep aot people who trying to make their decisions about which school they are going. Thanks.

25. aaram

aaram Member
    5+ Year Member

i think one shud b satisfied and happy that he/she has got a seat that too in a good school.there will be some deficiencies in every school but still you shud be proud by the fact that u ARE a part of it.I personaLLY found people to be very friendly and warm at UCSF during the four day interview testing period.

26. dent15

dent15 New Member

hi guys,
    yes i am in ucsf idp program and am very satisfied that i am in some program. i went to five different schools for interviews and never felt staff is not freindly anywhere. i had wonderful time at every school i was interviewed.
    now abt ucsf, four days at interview can't tell u nothing abt school and its program. they r disorganised even at conducting 30 qusetion multiple choice question theory paper, i have taken so many exams in this school and not a single one without confusion.((thank god i am done with that part)).
    abt clincs dispensary staff members r the rudest people on earth, they wont even give importance to presence of patient and will insult u in front of them. i never got into such incident but seen it happening all around me. and once it happens with someone tht person feels like dirt all day along.
    now generally, i do agree tht every program has -ve and +ve things to it. but just dont under-rate or over-rate any program. u might enjoy ucsf 's program but general impression in students here is that program is disorganized.
    i want u guys to decide what is best for u , just dont follow the herd. i dont feel good saying ill abt the program but truth shd prevail.
    decide urself and good luck.!!!

27. aaru

aaru Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hi Dent15,

I have spoken to abt half a dozen people in UCSF, including Dileep and they seem to consider this program the best in the country. So I'm not quite sure I am convinced by your post. A few grumpy people should not affect the quality of the program. If the person insults you and other students in front of patients, maybe you all shd complain about it instead of enduring this.

If you dont mind, pl. PM me your phone no. so I can talk to you and discuss the details of your post.

28. aaram

aaram Member
    5+ Year Member

:) thanks aaru

29. dent15

dent15 New Member

good luck mister!!!! i am not trying to send any negative feelings. talk to students from any program they will say their program is best in country and who said that those students from ucsf are telling truth and i am not. try and start repescting people and their opinion , dont just use unacceptable language. i might be grumpy but u r nobody to tell me that.
    i hope it pushed some sense in ur head!!!

30. aaram

aaram Member
    5+ Year Member

got my hard copy of acceptance letter yesterday

31. chelviraj

chelviraj New Member

Hi I am retaking my part I and need a study partner. I live in San jose. I thought we could plan and study each topic everyday and discuss the questions related to it. If anyone interested please reply. Thanks

Chelvi

32. DENTISTHONEY

DENTISTHONEY Member
    7+ Year Member

hi,

Has everyone received the hardcore copy of their acceptance letters. I havent received it so far. I dont know why its taking so long.

thanks

33. Ann 03

Ann 03 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

congrats to all you guys and gals who have go into this program despite tough competition.
    i really apologise to those of who were trying to pm me and my msg box was full.i could get access to my account at all bcoz of my wrong passwordand also i was quite busy the past few days.
    i can answer any questions regarding the school,dileep is a great guy and i would trust his opinions abt this school.
    yes its a state school ,administrative things go a little bit slow here.
    people are very friendly.profs r friendly . actually more than some other schools. you will get excellent education here. no doubt abt tht.
    do i regret joining this school? no i dont. just my opinion.
    any questions u guys have regrading the school.let me know. i wll make sure my pm box is not full.
    gd luck u guys in selecting the school of ur choice.

34. Ann 03

Ann 03 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i dont know abt this time but last yr we got our results by post for provisional admit by first week of dec and thn after 15 to 20 days we got letters asking us to pay 1000$ deposit. i think u dont get final acceptance till all ur paper work is done.i think tht will be sometime near jun,if i remember properly.
    have patience u will get ur package.
    also make sure your address is correct. i would mail barbara richrdson,petri and wanda the postal address in case if its not correct.

35. Ann 03

Ann 03 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i

36. Hi nidhi
    I also got accepted at Ucsf ! I am in Seattle, which place r u from in U.S ? What are your plans for accomodation ? I am a female (Indian ) and most probably will share an apartment with any other girl. Let me know about u & keep in touch...

Dipti

37. aaram

aaram Member
    5+ Year Member

thanks for the encouragement

38. kittycat

kittycat Kitty Cat
    5+ Year Member

To: Dent15

I agree with you UCSF is not very good, especially in choosing their students. They shouldn't have chosen someone who is so rude, impolite, and especially ungrateful like you into their program. No wonder you were treated that bad at UCSF! :rolleyes:

39. Terminus

Terminus Member
    5+ Year Member

Thanks for all the insights and inputs.That is true that every program has it negatives and positives but I truely admire you being genuine and truthful and telling also the negatives as most of the students will tell only n only the positives.Its good to know both sides of the coin.There are many students who are experiencing difficulties and drawbacks in their programs but they still want to pretend that they have chosen :rolleyes: the best.You are at least telling what you are experiencing.I wish there were more people sharing their views about different programs which they are currently undergoing(and I am sure that then there wouldnt be "N"no. of threads asking students which one to choose........X vs Y)There are many factors in choosing a particular school like proximity with the family,money,duration,futureplans etc. etc but at least this kind of posts let us know that what we shud be expecting and there will be NO SURPRISES once we decide on that school !!!!!!
    Thanks dent15 :thumbup:

ps:This forum allows everybody to post their views and I do not think we have any right to pick on anybody. :thumbdown:

40. kittycat

kittycat Kitty Cat
    5+ Year Member

Sorry, I don't mean to pick on anybody. I was just frustrating after reading dent15's reply to aaru- who seemed to be trying his or her best to be polite to dent15 and asking for information! :mad:

Every schools have their good and weak points, and evryone can complain about their school. But you don't call the people who teach you and help you with your study "the rudest people on earth" !!! That puts really negative thoughts into the mind of those who are trying to make their decision. Should they be prepared to "feel like dirt all day long"? I'm sure those who chose UCSF weren't because they "followed the herd"! :confused:

I am not a UCSF student, but I have been to the school and have a lot of friends there. They are studying very very hard, but they are getting a decent training and after graduating, many of them got accepted into postgraduate programs. I truly wish they won't be able to read dent15's post by any chance! :rolleyes:

41. nidhi2424

nidhi2424 Junior Member

Dental Student
    I got the packet today in mail. To accept, one needs to send $1000 with a signed postcard which is enclosed. They will send you a receipt when they get that $1000 certified check. It needs to be received by jan 13th.

It also contains some information about school, fee etc. Most of it is available online. It was mailed on Dec 19th.

Nidhi

42. dent15

dent15 New Member

hi kittykat,
    i hope u will take everything in healthy manner. first, aaru addressed me by wriitng "grumpy", so i dont feel its being polite. i might be wrong, but reading his/her post i never felt tht he/she was looking for any info abt the school.
    dispensary staff is not teaching nobody nothing, and if u have friends here in school u can surely ask them or visit on school intranet, (webct, ((u need any students user id)) ), where u can read thousands of posts regarding this topic.its not just with international students but regular dds students can also explain about it.
    students from all the school gets in post grad program every yr , there is nothing tht says ucsf students gets in more.
    and when i said "following the herd" it wasnt only for ucsf , it meant tht just dont do wht others r doing;; go over ur priorities and decide.
    i think , in place like sdn if someone wants to participate, he/she shd have wider view about things and abt wht other people r wriitng. i am not using sdn to vent out my frustations but just to make some meaningful contribution rather than just repeating that my school and program r best.
    i am waiting for dileep to say somthing abt disorganization in school or program.
    i never meant to offend anybody.peace!!

43. aaru

aaru Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dent 15-

I request u to read my post again, carefully. I am wondering what made you think I referred to YOU as grumpy!

Btw I am still awaiting ur phone no.

44. aaram

aaram Member
    5+ Year Member

i too recieved the packet with the card and the rest information

45. manik khisti

manik khisti Member
    5+ Year Member

i also got the packet yest.

46. aaram

aaram Member
    5+ Year Member

hey cananybody suggest do we have to mark ourselves as provisionally accepted in that card or as accepted or no marking is required

47. DENTISTHONEY

DENTISTHONEY Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi everyone,

Merry Christmas to all....enjoy well this Christmas.........with your Family and friends.......

48. pv25

pv25 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

49. dentaljock

dentaljock Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

50. grgamerica

grgamerica Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Congradulations Class,

I wish to be your class mates. Are you sending the Acceptance Card to the address on the back side of the card or to Barbara Richardsons office or Just to the office of Admissions with out any Room Number?? What about the deposit and Recipt for Deposit Card?

51. looking for Padmini...krishnamurthy
    hi if someone by this name living in California...is in waiting list at ucsf..........PM me becose by mistake people at ucsf has sent me the letter for this person but the address on outside of envelope is in my name but inside name is Padmini.... Kirshnamurthy.
    & so they might have sent my letter to this name........
    thanks