UCSF D-day II (02/15)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
•••quote:•••Originally posted by Epi:
•I came home from work early today (a long week and already had put in too many hours) and could not believe my eyes when I found the long awaited and much drooled over "large envelope". They did send them a couple of days ago (sorry, I can't read the postmark).

I still can't believe that I got in!! :clap: Good luck to you all. I hope your wait is soon over as well.

BTW, I interviewed Dec 4th.•••••Congratulations Epi! I believe that we met at UCSF on 12/4. I interviewed on that day as well, and I think I remember you. I didn't hear anything from them today, so I think if I don't hear from them tomorrow then the wait goes on another month!!! Have fun celebrating, you deserve it.

Members don't see this ad.

CONGRATS, Epi!! For everyone else waiting, don't fret too much -- I did not hear back from UCSF for almost 12 weeks post-interview (last year). As always, feel free to PM or email me if you have any questions re: SF. Good luck to all!

-- Becky

•••quote:•••Originally posted by SMW:
• •••quote:•••Originally posted by Jedi In Training:
• At some point, one of the medical student interviewers wanted to address questions from the interviewees, but this one guy from Alaska took full advantage of him asking question after question after quesiton ... SMW, jdub, or mpp?•••••Just to set the record straight, I didn't apply to UCLA/Drew, am not a guy, and wouldn't do anything that rude!! There's also a WMN from Alaska, but I'd bet it wasn't an SDNer (hope so, anyway). Good luck with your apps :D

Congrats, epi, and good luck to everyone waiting!! :D •••••Geez, nobody seems to get your gender right... :D Maybe you need a less gender-ambiguous name? :p But then you wouldn't be SMW, the SDN goddess anymore! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations Epi! I'm so happy for you!

Awwwww--nothing.... :( on friday.
I think i just had a UCSF bubble burst... :( was nice while it lasted though...
I swear, every time ucsf or ucsf medical center (i was a pt. there) mailed me something, it came to my PO box the next day. I interviewed either on december 19, 20 or 21,--i am so flustered, i can't remember. it was in that vicinity.
Epi: you are so cute! go out with your parents! thats really nice, i bet they are proud! :)
Coop, are you a male or female? there was a person from MD (a girl) on my interviewing day!

don't panic, ladyinred :)

as long as we haven't gotten our rejection letters, there is still hope

CONGRATS EPI! :clap: :clap:

question -- anyone else interview in january, not december (i interviewed like early jan) like me? and if so, did you hear anything yet

•••quote:•••Originally posted by lady in red:
•Awwwww--nothing.... :( on friday.
I think i just had a UCSF bubble burst... :( was nice while it lasted though...
I swear, every time ucsf or ucsf medical center (i was a pt. there) mailed me something, it came to my PO box the next day. I interviewed either on december 19, 20 or 21,--i am so flustered, i can't remember. it was in that vicinity.
Epi: you are so cute! go out with your parents! thats really nice, i bet they are proud! :)
Coop, are you a male or female? there was a person from MD (a girl) on my interviewing day!•••••

Matt,

I interviewed in January and haven't heard a thing. I don't expect to hear anything until March the earliest. It seems that 8 week comment on the blue piece of paper is a truth.

I remember reading in another post that you went to Cal. So did I. I hope that you caught the UCLA Cal game the other night? Matt Barnes is the biggest chump-ass sore loser. Last year when we beat UCLA 92-63 or something like that. Before Barnes inbounded the ball he turned around and spit in the some kids face sitting in the student section! And this year he throws a forearm on a kid who is maybe 170lb. Oh well.

Anyway, haven't heard a thing. I wish you the best of luck.

hey souljah, yea i guess we have to wait until march

of course, i caught the cal-ucla game! i'm the nut that checks scores all day, disappears from society (you'll find me at a direct-tv-equipped bar) during march madness, and enjoys watching game after game between schools that no1 ever heard of ;]

well, i have a diff spin 'cuz ucla has been my #1 team since childhood (tho cal comes close as my alma mater!)... boy do they disappoint with their jekyll-heide (sp?) act, but not today. good thumping of stanford, although it was disappointing that they kinda lost interest at the end... the cal-usc game was awesome too, usc is playing the best ball (perhaps tied with 'zona) in the pac right now, cal was very impressive... if cal is not ranked (they got a couple of votes last week) next week i will lose all respect for the polls.... stanford is #10 and just got raped by the same two teams we destroy by almost 20 points each, while we are unranked... hm... virginia has lost 7 of 9, soon to be 9 of 11 and was ranked from no.4 to currently no.15 in the espn poll -- and now that they lost to fla. st and ga tech prob won't even be in the ncaa!

hehe i caught 4 games today, the 2 pac-10 games, that uva-gatech, and the 'bama-florida one (that one ruled)

good luck too with ucsf :cool: :cool:

•••quote:•••Originally posted by souljah1:
•Matt,

I interviewed in January and haven't heard a thing. I don't expect to hear anything until March the earliest. It seems that 8 week comment on the blue piece of paper is a truth.

I remember reading in another post that you went to Cal. So did I. I hope that you caught the UCLA Cal game the other night? Matt Barnes is the biggest chump-ass sore loser. Last year when we beat UCLA 92-63 or something like that. Before Barnes inbounded the ball he turned around and spit in the some kids face sitting in the student section! And this year he throws a forearm on a kid who is maybe 170lb. Oh well.

Anyway, haven't heard a thing. I wish you the best of luck.•••••

Congrats Epi!!!

Besides Epi...has anyone else heard yet? I was hoping for something on Saturday...but alas an empty mailbox :( more waiting!

UCSF acceptances have reached baltimore! I got the big envelope (interviewed 12/20) and so did a friend of mine (interviewed ~01/15). I had been leaning towards U Chicago over UCSF, was still considering SF, but since my girlfriend didn't get the big envelope, it looks like we're happily headed to chicago next year. Hopefully one of you guys who gets the waitlist can have my spot. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear.

Wow, it took 10 days for the mail to get to Baltimore?

Anyway, congrats coop! Best of luck to you and your girlfriend. :)

Congrats Coop on SF and on deciding where to go!

I was just wondering...when was your letter dated or when was the letter postmarked?

thanks guys... they didn't send out accepts on the 15th... mine is postmarked Feb 20th, 4 mail days is typical for west to east coast

Congratulations Coop.

I called and talked with the Admissions Office like I was asked to do :)

They did not tell me a specific number of acceptances that have been given out, but I was given some qualitative info. I was told, "It is still very early. There have only been three groups of acceptances so far and the December group was very small."

Remain positive, when I interviewed, I stayed with a student who was pulled from the waitlist in the middle of the summer!

Thank you Epi for your info. By the way, I used to know someone by the name of Epi and we used to call him "epinephrine" all the time. Well, either "epinephrine" or "epidural".

me too me too!!! :clap: :clap:
Postmakred Feb 20, received on the 25th (what the hell? I live in SF!) took the same amount of time as to Baltimore!
It is my dream school hands down, and I am telling everyone else (all other schools) to go to hell tomorrow! (before they tell me to go to hell, anyways :) )
I never had a dream come true like that before tonight!