UCSF Fresno vs SUNY Buffalo vs Creighton Medical vs Texas Tech, Odessa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rupert

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which of the following residency programs is better:
--> Internal Medicine at UCSF Fresno campus
--> Internal Medicine at SUNY Buffalo
--> Internal Medicine at Texas Tech, Odessa
--> Internal Medicine at Creighton

Please submit.
Need to decide and choose, the sooner the better.

Members don't see this ad.

Which of the following residency programs is better:
--> Internal Medicine at UCSF Fresno campus
--> Internal Medicine at SUNY Buffalo
--> Internal Medicine at Texas Tech, Odessa
--> Internal Medicine at Creighton

Please submit.
Need to decide and choose, the sooner the better.

Creighton >> UCSF Fresno > T-Tech, Odessa . . . I have no clue about SUNY Buff rep

I can tell you that Fresno and Odessa as locales are BOTH huge ****-holes, Odessa > Fresno

Buffalo and Omaha are not particularly interesting but do not meet ****-hole criteria

Creighton >> UCSF Fresno > T-Tech, Odessa . . . I have no clue about SUNY Buff rep

I can tell you that Fresno and Odessa as locales are BOTH huge ****-holes, Odessa > Fresno

Buffalo and Omaha are not particularly interesting but do not meet ****-hole criteria

I'd stick Buffalo in there just below Creighton and above Fresno. Otherwise agree with the post and the geographic evaluations.

Members don't see this ad :)
and if i ask the same question, but say my criteria are academics and opportunities in fellowships.... then which residencies would you rank higher...

and if i ask the same question, but say my criteria are academics and opportunities in fellowships.... then which residencies would you rank higher...

Exact same order. Maybe B-Lo higher than Creighton but maybe not. Fresno is a community program, no matter how much UCSF shine you put on the sign out front.

I agree with gutonc, and is what I was referring to earlier, merely throwing in the extra comments.

I know someone at Creighton, and they have had no problems matching people in fellowships including at places in the last two years like Duke, Mayo, Stanford, WashU, and NWern

I'm a 4th year student at Buffalo. I've done my Sub-I in medicine, interviewed there, and know the people pretty well. PM me if you have specific Qs about Buffalo!

Which is better? University of Nebraska Med Ctr vs Creighton?

Thanks!

Which is better? University of Nebraska Med Ctr vs Creighton?

Thanks!

The gossip is that U of Nebraska can be a little malignant . . . but I'd say if you're interested in GI or Heme/Onc, Nebraska is the better bet, and if you are interested in Cardio or Pulm/CC Creighton is better.

The gossip is that U of Nebraska can be a little malignant . . . but I'd say if you're interested in GI or Heme/Onc, Nebraska is the better bet, and if you are interested in Cardio or Pulm/CC Creighton is better.

That could be seeing that it doesn't have a night float system. Although their website states that residents average 55-70 hrs per week. Any other info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!