NapeSpikes

Believe, hon.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2004
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Anyone else get a post-secondary, pre-interview hold from UCSF? My numbers suck, so who knows what they are thinking. It'd be AMAZING to interview there, even if promptly rejected thereafter. In my twisted logic, it would somehow validate my applying as a longshot to the UCs. Does anyone ever get an interview at UCSF off the hold?

diosa428

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Status
Sorry, I don't have an answer, but does anyone know how late into the year UCSF interviews? It seems to me that b/c they take so long to review everyone's AMCAS they must go later than other schools.

MDCali

10+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2005
Status
Hey I got put on hold post secondary and pre interview. For a while it seemed like I was the only one! I really have no idea what it means, but like you said it would be amazing just to interview there. My scores are decent I think, but below average for UCSF accepted students.

About the Ads

NapeSpikes

Believe, hon.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2004
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Yes, it was a snail mail letter for the Hold. I thought it was a rejection for sure...

Punisher

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
NapeSpikes said:
Yes, it was a snail mail letter for the Hold. I thought it was a rejection for sure...
I'm in the same boat... I thought it was a rejection too. I really want an interview there, so I'm sending in my updated transcripts from this quarter. Hopefully this will show some dedication and they will decide to grant me an interview.

diosa428

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Status
How long did it take you guys to hear back? I'm guessing they'll be even more delayed due to the holidays...

FutureDoc2005

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
NapeSpikes said:
Anyone else get a post-secondary, pre-interview hold from UCSF? My numbers suck, so who knows what they are thinking. It'd be AMAZING to interview there, even if promptly rejected thereafter. In my twisted logic, it would somehow validate my applying as a longshot to the UCs. Does anyone ever get an interview at UCSF off the hold?
Do they update the website with that hold info...because I'm in the same boat post-secondary...or should I just wait for snail mail.

NapeSpikes

Believe, hon.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2004
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
FutureDoc2005 said:
Do they update the website with that hold info...because I'm in the same boat post-secondary...or should I just wait for snail mail.
Nope. The screen only says "Secondary Application Complete 9/7/2005." Same message for three months and counting, and a snail mail Hold.

About the Ads