1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

UCSF....I'm Innnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by drlalchick, Dec 17, 2005.

1. drlalchick

drlalchick Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I got a package in the snail mail from UCSF today. It was a big but thin envelope. Fyi, I interviewed on October 27th. It's my top choice. I'm so excited, I really loved UCSF! Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mutt

Mutt SDN Donor
    7+ Year Member

I'll need a photo, your passport, SSN, CC's and all other documentation necessary to assume your identity. :p

Congratulations from the bottom of my jealous heart.

4. Messerschmitts

Messerschmitts Mythic Dawn acolyte
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    You lucky, powerful bastard, you've done what every Californian applicant would trade in their left kidney to do. Good job! :thumbup: You even get to keep your kidney!

5. run4boston

run4boston formerly Run
    7+ Year Member

congrats!!!!

6. drlalchick

drlalchick Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Thanks so much everyone! I'm rooting for all of you who are waiting to hear!

7. dr.z

Physician 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Congrats!

8. Jon Davis

Jon Davis I killed the bank.
    10+ Year Member

Props to you. Congratulations. :D

9. silas2642

silas2642 silas2642
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Congratulations!!!! You must be so excited; getting into UCSF is such an enormous honor. Isn't an acceptance letter the best Christmas present ever?

10. drlalchick

drlalchick Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Yeah, I definitely couldn't ask for a better Christmas present....and birthday present, and graduation present....I'm very excited!

11. Pontifex Maximus

Pontifex Maximus Rads-a-palooza
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Congrats. I hope I get into my top choices too :)

12. Jaydiggity21

Jaydiggity21 Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Just got the letter 20 minutes ago!! WHOOOOOO!!!!! I interviewed on Nov. 7, for those who want to know!! I am so excited!! Just waiting on UCLA now, but I would love to go to UCSF!!

13. MollyMalone

MollyMalone I'm a Score Quadruplet
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Congratulations to both of you! Awesome!

:clap:

14. waterlily

waterlily Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

ahh congrats guys!!! Now i have all this anxiety waiting...but nothing today :(

15. TracksuitsRock

TracksuitsRock Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!! I am so incredibly happy for each of you. I am on the west coast and hoping to hear monday....? I can't imagine how happy I would be! FREAKING OUT OVER HERE!! I am glad somebody who interviewed nov 7 heard...I interviewed before that so at least I know i Have a chance...

GOOD LUCK to everyone.

16. StevenRF

StevenRF Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Interviewed on 10/18. Just ran down to the mailbox... No letter from UCSF, but instead an alternate list at my alma mata, USC. Since I interviewed before both drlalchick and jaydiggity21 and got nothing I assume that means I didnt get in. The irony....guess I shouldnt have checked the mail today. :laugh: +pity+

17. chandelantern

chandelantern MSI at Mayo in August!
    5+ Year Member

For the people who got in - Congrats!!! Do you live in the Bay area? Maybe it's taking longer to travel to other parts of the state? How soon do you have to reply? MSAR says 2 weeks...but jeesh I'm going to be gone for the next two weeks on vacation so I won't even know! Congrats again!

18. triplerox

triplerox Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

CONGRATS!!!!!!

You achieved what I dream of. Hopefully, 4 years from now, i will be like you too :) Any tips

19. Rebs

Rebs Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

First off, congratulations to all those who got the acceptance packet from UCSF. You are already the envy of many a premed. Anyhow, I interview at UCSF in early January but now I'm hoping they will save some of the acceptances for people like me.

20. coco

coco Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    yay congrats!!!!!! i interviewd on the 27th of october i think, it might have been the 29th i really cant remember, but i was hoping id hear todya....nothing in the mailbox

so it should be monday if anything at all, OH MY GOSH im gonna die on monday hehe

21. Zoom-Zoom

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Wow. Congrats!!! I envy you and would definitely sell my soul to go to UCSF, yes, sad but true. I was starting to think people didn't even get in to this school! :laugh:

22. Jaydiggity21

Jaydiggity21 Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Im from Sacramento (UCD) and yes it says 2 weeks to mail the acceptance letter and 4 weeks to get all transcripst in...good luck to you all, I hope all your dreams come true!!

23. drlalchick

drlalchick Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    The packet did say that the letter of intent needs to be back in their office within two weeks of getting the acceptance packet, and they do want a current offical transcript within four weeks. I'm sure that people within the bay area got the letter Saturday, right after it was mailed on Friday....so it's definitely possible that people living elsewhere may get the packet Monday. Good luck!

24. NorCalGirl

NorCalGirl Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Aww congratulations guys! :)

25. waterlily

waterlily Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

so did anyone else get anything in the mail today?? Nada here...damnit and I'm in the bay area too. I interviewed around Oct 20-something range soo this sucks monkeyballs.

26. Re-Evolution

Re-Evolution Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Congrats! wait, I'm a pre-med, I HATE YOU :D

Who wants to join me in a UCSF rejection letter burning ritual?

27. TracksuitsRock

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I am still hoping that my letter is on a truck in Kansas or Ohio making its way over to the east coast. I cannot stand this waiting!

28. coco

coco Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    ME NEITHER!!! I should get mine today since i'm in san diego, i HOPE. (if im in lol) WHY DO I HAVE TO GET THE MAIL SO LATE!!! seriously...2 more hours of waiting, i cant even take it!!! oh my goshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

29. doc_doc_goose!

doc_doc_goose! Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Did anyone who has interviewed receive a rejection/waitlist letter in the past few days? Are they only sending acceptances out now?

Thanks! :cool:

30. TracksuitsRock

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    coco, any word yet???
    doc doc goose, i don't think rejections/waitlists start going out until january. good luck!

31. coco

coco Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    only got bills today :( I think I'm giving up hehe. One more day...that's it. If it's not here by tomorrow, I'll get the point.
    I heard on the news that today is the busiest mailing day of the year, and Wednesday is the busiest delivery day or smthg. So I can blame it on that for now, This wait is driving me absolutely nuts...nuts i tell u! nuts! lol
    where are you on the east coast?

btw I live in an apt. so there are around 130 mailboxes, of course mine has to be closer to the 130 end lol. So I stood out there and waited until she got closer...then I saw her get to mine and i stood right behind her as she put in the first small envelope, the second small envelope...the 3rd small envelope (my heart was sinking!) then she bent down to get more and got a large envelope but it was one of those yellow manila envelopes...gosh i was so upset hehe.
    I apologized to her for watching her work. I'm like, you know I'm really sorry, I don't mean to be haunting you, I'm just waiting for a large thin envelope from san fransisco, because i'm waiting for an acceptance from there...lol.
    so she's like, oh ok! i'll keep my eyes out for it! im like thanks so much! (and it's not a small envelope, a small envelope isn't a good thing!) she was cracking up. So hopefully she'll sympathize with me when I'm out there tomorrow. lol

How many people are still waiting other than me and tracksuit???

32. jjhsu

jjhsu New Member

33. doc_doc_goose!

5+ Year Member

You OK there, jjhsu? :cool:

I'm waiting with ya, Tracksuit & coco. Here's to hoping the mailman brings us some good news tomorrow!

Also, remember that your interview date doesn't necessarily determine when you'll hear back. Dr. Wofsy emphasized this during my visit, as some interviewers miss the application review meetings because of their understandably busy schedules. Additionally, my tour guide interviewed in early November, but didn't get her acceptance letter until mid-Feb.

So, if nothing comes this week, just enjoy the holidays, and keep on crossing your fingers :cool:

Best of luck to you!

34. coco

coco Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thanks goose!! I wasn't told that during the interview, so I'm glad you told us. Like you said, if nothing comes, we'll just have to enjoy the holidays and wait. Keep us updated y'all!! I'll be on here tomorrow afternoon with updated news :) I love you guys as my support system! haha :love:

35. mkanchan

mkanchan Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

omgosh i was so depressed today bc i thought i was the only person who didnt get it. which meant i could accept my fate or wait one more month or another month. UGH. i only got magazines today!

but def thanks to everyone for all the support... :)

36. StevenRF

StevenRF Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Checked again today and didn't get a thing. Huh For the love of whatever diety, accept or reject me already!!!!!

Maybe I should have done business. My roomate got paid to fly around the country to do his interviews, got wined and dined all expenses paid. Then for his second look weekend, all expenses paid for days and nights of partying, meeting with coworkers, and then offered competeing signing bonuses of over 10g's. All the companies personally called him within days of the interviews. Honestly, we are all getting screwed on this one :mad: Huh Im going to bed.

37. TracksuitsRock

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I do remember him saying that when we hear has no bearing on how badly they want us. Still though I cannot wait to get home to check my mail. and I know it will be disappointing when there is no UCSF envelope there! Anyone hear something today?
    coco I can just picture you outside waiting for the mailman. I mean I can't really picture you since I don't know what you look like and I would be a stalker if I did...but even if I just picture a stick person waiting for the mailman it is funny. GOOD LUCK!!

38. J'kwan

J'kwan Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I interiewed in late November. They told us that it was very unlikely we'd make it into the Dec. 15th group but I'm still sitting here staring out the window waiting for the [email protected]#$ mailman to come. :rolleyes:

39. TracksuitsRock

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    hahaha...I know...I just can't imagine waiting until January 15...but you know what, I have been like that this whole process - can't wait until secondaries come out - can't wait until my first interview - can't wait until October 15. Imagine us all sitting at the window...we could all burst out into song like an ensemble cast singing the UCSF version of "somewhere out there."

you people who are already in better be PARTYING!!!!!!

40. J'kwan

J'kwan Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Me too.

Wait, the mailman's here. I can see him. I must fight the urge to attack. Gotta go.

Update: Nothing. Ok, it'll be January 15th. :( :mad: :insane:

41. waterlily

waterlily Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

So does that mean that the first round, Dec 15th, has passed...so the next earliest time that we'd hear from them will be Jan 15th? When I interviewed at the end of Oct, I thought he said they'd probably start mailing letters out beginning of Jan...so I assumed after Jan 1?

I've given up on the mailman. I'm not even gonna call home and bug my mom if the mail has come yet :rolleyes:

42. MollyMalone

MollyMalone I'm a Score Quadruplet
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

They mail them on the 15th of every month from now until April (or May, I don't recall).

43. J'kwan

J'kwan Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I think they meet on the 15th of every month beginning in December. I interviewed in late Nov. so I probably didn't make it into the Dec. 15th pool. You may have. Good luck!

44. TracksuitsRock

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Nothing for me either. I guess January 15 is the new date. I am glad however that we know so accurately what the dates are, so that I don't have to spend the next month with glorious fantasies of opening the mailbox each day.

45. cadilakgrl

cadilakgrl science nerd
    5+ Year Member

MD/PhD Student
    hey i'm waiting with you guys. and i live in SF, so i'm pretty sure i missed the first round :( the first time i read this thread a couple days ago i was so depressed, then anxious for the next couple of days hoping the mail was late or something. i think i've given up hope now, at least until Jan.15th when the cycle will repeat again! anyone else tired of the anxiety, anxiousness, and self-doubt that comes with this waiting game :scared:

46. coco

coco Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
  47. coco

coco Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hahaha y'all are cracking me up....so no one heard today?? I don't get the mail for another 3-4 hours so I got some more waiting to! At least I'm now friends with the mail lady so she won't think I'm stalking her! :S hehe

The funny thing is both my parents had told her that I'm waiting for med schools. it is SO embarrasing when my parents go to get the mail b/c they tell her the same story every time. It's like MOM, seriously, she already knows, no need to brag, PLUS i didn't get the letter, so im not it. get it? lol

AHHH, I really hope I dont have to wait till Jan. 15th. That seems like such a long time from now. But it's OK. at least you guys are all here with me :D
    Tracksuits, when did you interview? Were you there the same day I was? (Oct. 27th). Sorry if you already mentioned it.

K, gotta go distract myself some more for a few hours. breathe in....breathe out....lol

somewheree...........out there............... (all together now!)

48. coco

coco Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    k nothing today :( I'm with you guys on the january thing...we'll continue with this thread january 15th! Hope you all have wonderful holidays. Take care!!

49. infiniti

infiniti Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Congratulations to those who got accepted. UCSF is a great school and as somone on here would say " People will give their left kidney to go to UCSF". Having said that, I just wanted to ask you UCSF experts about the average boards (USMLE 1) scores at UCSF. Someone told me they perform around the national average. Once again congratulations and good luck to those still waiting.

50. DeadorAlive

DeadorAlive Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

January 15th is a Sunday, and the 16th is MLK, Jr. Day, so there is no USPS service. Do you think letters will be mailed early, or on the 17th? I interviewed in early Dec. so I'm fairly certain my "earliest" notification date would be February 15, but I'm in love with UCSF and anxious!

My interviewer did stress, though, that everyone is basically ranked and put in order, and that ranked list keeps adding the new folk in, then once/month the top of that list are admitted. So you can stay on the list for ever and ever, near but not at the tippy-top, and get in. I don't know when they send wait-list info though. But it seems until then, no news isn't great news, but it's better than bad news...

51. doc_doc_goose!

5+ Year Member

Anyone else (besides the OP and the other lucky soul) receive an acceptance in the past week? If so, would you mind telling the rest of us when you interviewed?

Happy holidays! :cool: