UCSF....I'm Innnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm in! I got my big envelope in the mail Monday. I interviewed Oct. 27th, and I know on our interview day, the guy said they wouldn't start accepting until Jan, so I guess that changed. But I think people are right, for so many reasons, I'm sure a lot of fall interviewees will receive acceptances in Jan. or even later, so don't worry and enjoy the holidays. I know easier said than done... this whole process is just one thing after another. FINALLY I can chill out!!!!
So am I a freak if in the back of my mind, I'm still waiting for that UCLA acceptance????? sunshine or fog? I always assumed UCSF would be my first choice, but hmm...

Members don't see this ad.

coco said:
only got bills today :( I think I'm giving up hehe. One more day...that's it. If it's not here by tomorrow, I'll get the point.
I heard on the news that today is the busiest mailing day of the year, and Wednesday is the busiest delivery day or smthg. So I can blame it on that for now, This wait is driving me absolutely nuts...nuts i tell u! nuts! lol
where are you on the east coast?

btw I live in an apt. so there are around 130 mailboxes, of course mine has to be closer to the 130 end lol. So I stood out there and waited until she got closer...then I saw her get to mine and i stood right behind her as she put in the first small envelope, the second small envelope...the 3rd small envelope (my heart was sinking!) then she bent down to get more and got a large envelope but it was one of those yellow manila envelopes...gosh i was so upset hehe.
I apologized to her for watching her work. I'm like, you know I'm really sorry, I don't mean to be haunting you, I'm just waiting for a large thin envelope from san fransisco, because i'm waiting for an acceptance from there...lol.
so she's like, oh ok! i'll keep my eyes out for it! im like thanks so much! (and it's not a small envelope, a small envelope isn't a good thing!) she was cracking up. So hopefully she'll sympathize with me when I'm out there tomorrow. lol

How many people are still waiting other than me and tracksuit???

I didn't apply to UCSF, but I laughed out loud when I read this post. It sounds so much like me! I've asked the mailman so many questions (like, "What happens if no one is there to sign for a certified letter?") that he knows me personally now :laugh: He'll say hi and joke around with me and let me know that he's keeping an eye out for any big envelopes.. Has anyone else had this happen?

drlalchick said:
I got a package in the snail mail from UCSF today. It was a big but thin envelope. Fyi, I interviewed on October 27th. It's my top choice. I'm so excited, I really loved UCSF! Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear!

Congrats! Me, too - Dec 19th!! Is this your top choice? Will I be seeing you at the April admit weekend?

Members don't see this ad :)
alpenglow said:
Congrats! Me, too - Dec 19th!! Is this your top choice? Will I be seeing you at the April admit weekend?

UCSF is definitely my top choice! I will most certainly be there for the second-look weekend in April, I think that's a great time to meet future classmates. And to possibly work out housing....

Congratulations on your acceptance!

NO I have not received anything yet...I know you were thinking that as you saw this thread move back up to the top of the list...and I knew I would have the same neurotic thoughts when somebody else moved it...but I think it's time.

Or maybe I am a few days early. But I can't stop thinking about UCSF!

tracksuits you just read my mind, seriously. I CANNOT stop thinking about ucsf. I swear i'm obsessing. Every night when I go to bed (it's been like this for the past week), that's the only thing I can think of. I picture myself getting the mail, running back home with an acceptance letter and jumping up and down. LOL. I feel SOO close, yet so far to getting that acceptance! AHHH.
NEVER in my whole life have I ever wanted anything so badly. I swear. WOrds can't even explain how much I want this acceptance. I will be the happiest person on EARTH if I get the acceptance this week.

PLEASE OH PLEASE UCSF! PICK ME! CHOOSE ME! LOVE ME! (um yes im also obsessed with grey's anatomy). okay, so tracksuits im praying for us!!

coco said:
tracksuits you just read my mind, seriously. I CANNOT stop thinking about ucsf. I swear i'm obsessing. Every night when I go to bed (it's been like this for the past week), that's the only thing I can think of. I picture myself getting the mail, running back home with an acceptance letter and jumping up and down. LOL. I feel SOO close, yet so far to getting that acceptance! AHHH.
NEVER in my whole life have I ever wanted anything so badly. I swear. WOrds can't even explain how much I want this acceptance. I will be the happiest person on EARTH if I get the acceptance this week.

PLEASE OH PLEASE UCSF! PICK ME! CHOOSE ME! LOVE ME! (um yes im also obsessed with grey's anatomy). okay, so tracksuits im praying for us!!

I swear we are going to be BFF if we get in. Ahhhhhhhhh! Keep me posted on your mailman stalking....

I KNOW! we are SOO going to be BFF haha! I will for sure keep you updated. These next 2-3 days are going to be the longest days everr.............AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

wanted to add my painful anticipation to the pile. came prowling on sdn hoping to find others who might be anxiously awaitin some ucsf love this week.
omgod you guys can you imagine? i can't fathom how insane it would be to get in there. i think i'd just pop from happiness. pop.
it's almost exhausting...after hearing nothing in dec (i interviewed in mid nov) i went through this INTENSE cycle where i basically assumed i didn't get in and was all sad and now i can feel hope surging again though i'm trying not to think about it....
anyway, i do have one useful piece of info -- if you don't hear either way this week, it could simply mean that the people who need to be present to discuss your file just weren't available and your case has been bumped to the next adcom meeting which is in early feb. got this from the admissions office.
wow. good luck to us all this week.
talk to you guys again soon, no doubt.

I fell for it.

i saw this thread on the first page and thought somebody heard from UCSF today. Geez. You guys are going to give me a heart attack. Well... I should just sit back and relax.. it'll probably be a few more days at least until anyone hears. Wait, is mail even being delivered today? damn.

nope no mail today! so if they mail them out tmrw (tuesday), we should start to hear by thursday (19th). UNLESS they mailed them out on friday, who knows cuz if they're mailing them out on tuesday, they mst have made the decisions by friday, right? ugh who knows. Here I am making random assumptions. lol.

ambaduchi I know exactly how u feel since I interviewed in October and didnt hear in December but I still have hope. maybe too much hope! AHH! HELP people help. ive never been so anxious for anything in my life lol

Can The People Who Got In To Ucsf Mention There Mcat,gpa,ec Etc....

It Would Be Greatly Appreciated. I Just Want To Know What My Chances Are!!
Thank You

Oh good luck to you all! I hope to hear good news from you all this week!

Members don't see this ad :)
moto_za said:
Can The People Who Got In To Ucsf Mention There Mcat,gpa,ec Etc....

It Would Be Greatly Appreciated. I Just Want To Know What My Chances Are!!
Thank You
3.95/34R, 1.5 yrs clinical research, volunteering, etc...plus I paid my way through college....hope it helps, good luck, UCSF is awesome and I am so lucky and blessed!

so what's up people? i'm at work, anyone home & checked mail yet? i'm thinking if they mailed on friday, bay area/cali people would get envelopes today...?
more rationally, they are probably mailing today & we start getting news on thurs.
dying...i am dying over here

ambaduchi said:
so what's up people? i'm at work, anyone home & checked mail yet? i'm thinking if they mailed on friday, bay area/cali people would get envelopes today...?
more rationally, they are probably mailing today & we start getting news on thurs.
dying...i am dying over here

OK this is obsessive but I did search for january acceptances last year and it seems like the few people who posted got the acceptance on the 21st. There might be someone who got it on the 19th. Now the 19th last year is the equivalent day of the 18th this year (told you it was obsessive) so I bet they mail them out today and you cali kids will get them tomorrow!

ahhhhh the best part about being out east is that i don't have to stress about checking the mailbox until a day after all of you do! GOOD LUCK everyone!!

TracksuitsRock said:
OK this is obsessive but I did search for january acceptances last year and it seems like the few people who posted got the acceptance on the 21st. There might be someone who got it on the 19th. Now the 19th last year is the equivalent day of the 18th this year (told you it was obsessive) so I bet they mail them out today and you cali kids will get them tomorrow!

ahhhhh the best part about being out east is that i don't have to stress about checking the mailbox until a day after all of you do! GOOD LUCK everyone!!

One word: Xanax

hahaha u guys are sooo hilarious. i am SO happy to be able to share this with someone who is as obsessive as I am. I'm in the lab right now, working on this project that should technically be done, as I'm presenting it next week (AH!) but yeah, um, my mind can think of one thing and one thing only...oh ucsf how i love thee.....

I don't know why he would think I need Xanax...I am soooo calm cool and collected about this whole thing. I mean it's only my favorite med school on the entire earth.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

haha tracksuits I LOVE YOU!!! hahaha seriously you're awesome!
You know I HONESTLY prayed for both of us last night and i cracked up cuz i actually in my head said, "tracksuits" hahaha. OH GOSH. i hope we dont have to wait too much longer :) my whole family and all my friends said they're praying so if someone's listening :D haha j/k until tmrw....

silence on the thread = silence in the mailboxes?

like sands through the hourglass...so go the days of our lives...

Wow I got in!! Just got the letter from UCSF. i AM SO HAPPY.

Congrats Gallbladder and everyone else! And to everyone else waiting, good luck! There is still plenty for time for those acceptances to come in. :luck:

GALLBLADDER said:
Wow I got in!! Just got the letter from UCSF. i AM SO HAPPY.

Hey, that is amazing!!! CONGRATS. Are you on the west coast? I can't imagine how happy you are!! enjoy!!!!

also got letter in snail mail today. Got ACCEPTANCE. wowowowowowow! Good luck to the rest.

congratulations. I am SOOO jealous! :D

TracksuitsRock said:
Hey, that is amazing!!! CONGRATS. Are you on the west coast? I can't imagine how happy you are!! enjoy!!!!
Yes I am in the Bay area.

OH MY GOSH!! CONGRATS!! so that means they've been sent....which means if I am to get anything, I should get it by tomorrow cuz I'm in SD or at the latest Friday. OH MY GOSH I'M GONNA DIE IF I DONT GET ANYTHING TOMORROW!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Gallbladder when did you interview? Congrats again!

coco said:
OH MY GOSH!! CONGRATS!! so that means they've been sent....which means if I am to get anything, I should get it by tomorrow cuz I'm in SD or at the latest Friday. OH MY GOSH I'M GONNA DIE IF I DONT GET ANYTHING TOMORROW!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I must admit that although I'm not awaiting a decision from UCSF, I keep checking this thread to see if you got in! Your obsession is hilarious! Good luck. :luck:

Thats awesome on the acceptance. In LA. I can't check my box until my ballroom dance class is over at 9. Interviewed in Oct and havn't heard anything since. Now my hopes are all up. THE PRESSURE!!! My tour guide told me she interviewed before christmas and didn't get in until march, so there is still hope. 50% of interviewees get accepted.

congrats!!!

I live on the other coast... and keep telling myself that I probably won't be reviewed this cycle, anyway. Yeah. I'll keep telling myself that. And, I have notoriously slow mail. There's that too. Mmhmm.

I do like seeing folks get in though, it's like watching the end of a sports movie where you know the team you're rooting for will win at the buzzer.

coco said:
Thanks everyone. I interviewed on Nov. 17th. Best of luck to all of you for tomorrow.

coco said:
haha tracksuits I LOVE YOU!!! hahaha seriously you're awesome!
You know I HONESTLY prayed for both of us last night and i cracked up cuz i actually in my head said, "tracksuits" hahaha. OH GOSH. i hope we dont have to wait too much longer :) my whole family and all my friends said they're praying so if someone's listening :D haha j/k until tmrw....

hahahaha you totally crack me up! Tracksuits is my real name so get used to it. When we are study buddies next year you will be calling me by my name a lot. HOW CAN I WAIT until tomorrow? or probably Friday for me. I will be soooo happy tomorrow if I see that you got in!! Hopefully then I will have a weekend full of CRAZY celebrating!!! Talk to you tomorrow!

Congrats, Gallbladder!!

Now if I could only get my nervous system to understand that, as I live in the Midwest, there's nothing to be excited about for a day or two more, I'd be good. If I could get it to understand that I might not even hear this cycle, if ever, I'd be golden.

:luck: :luck: :luck: to everyone!

Gallbladder, did your online status page change?

The online status page doesn't change, sorry guys! I was accepted in December and the status page STILL says that I have been selected for an interview! Good luck to you all, I'm rooting for you!

o wow. i'm in cali and got nothing today. so i didn't make this cut i guess...ok. but no news is still good news, right? jeez. and so the clock starts ticking for feb 15th...

As the hour approaches...my breath shortens...my heart races...haha j/k
actually, sadly im not kidding. People I need HELP! I'm trying to distract myself, it's not working!! I think my bp is up haha

LabSlave, thank you for the support. It is very much appreciated. I don't know what I would do without you all. My family can only take so much (or so i've been told haha)

Chocobo, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I read your posts on the UCLA thread, I really hope you get in!! Gosh, people who feel like us about a particular school should be guaranteed admission!

DarkSide, Seattle, DeadorAlive, StevenRF, I'm with you guys! Wishing you the BEST of luck and I hope you ALL get accepted! :love:

Tracksuits, I'm praying we'll both be celebrating tomorrow!!! You know what sucks, I can totally picture myself getting accepted tomorrow, but not the other way around. I need to realize that I might not hear tomorrow, I have way too much hope :(

I LOVE YOU ALL!!! MWAHZ all around, good luck to every single one of you!! Good night, Sleep tight, and sweet dreams!

Congrats gallbladder!!
I'm in too, but I found out a while back. I'm so in love with UCSF!! I'm still waiting on HMS though

ambaduchi said:
o wow. i'm in cali and got nothing today. so i didn't make this cut i guess...ok. but no news is still good news, right? jeez. and so the clock starts ticking for feb 15th...

No! Please no! There is still hope for tomorrow and Friday. There must be. I can't take waiting another month. I know I'm a freak but I can't stop myself. Tomorrow will be a day of mailbox watching. No other work is possible. I'm in Norcal but my mail goes through San jose so I'm hoping I still have a chance to hear something -- something good. :luck:

coco said:
Gosh, people who feel like us about a particular school should be guaranteed admission!

Amen. And congrats gallbladder and good luck to everyone else!

so when do they start sending out waitlist and rejection letters? I'm in nor cal...sigh...I'm losing hope

Good luck to everyone too!!! :luck: (esp to coco! I luv reading ur posts. They are absolutely hilarious! They make me feel like I'm not the only crazy one out here)! Here's to the next two days for all us so-calers!!!!!

I wish I had been sick today so I could stay home from work and just wait by the mailbox all day, pathetically waiting for the mailman. I am not friends with my mailman the way coco is with hers, so it would be a little awkward, but whatever. And I wish I had seattlepostbach's pretty teeth. And I wish I had an acceptance letter to UCSF sitting in my hands right now!

NatyaLaya said:
Congrats gallbladder!!
I'm in too, but I found out a while back. I'm so in love with UCSF!! I'm still waiting on HMS though
Congrats!
UCSF is awesome. We're lucky. Hope to see you there or HMS.

Mail has been slow lately. I think they still haven't gotten over the holiday rush. So I'd say CA people should give it a couple more days at least before losing hope for the month. Then we have a few weeks to prep ourselves for next month's decisions.

SeattlePostBach said:
Mail has been slow lately. I think they still haven't gotten over the holiday rush. So I'd say CA people should give it a couple more days at least before losing hope for the month. Then we have a few weeks to prep ourselves for next month's decisions.

Mail has been slow! I can't believe that I'm going out of town for a few days and won't be able to check my mail. I was really hoping I'd hear something from UCSF, Oregon, or UCI before this trip so I could have a valid reason to cancel it (i.e. the interview). Most likely I'll hear next month...

My husband just called to tell me a large, thick envelope arrived from UCSF in the mail today...
:confused:
He said it was definitely more than one sheet of paper thick... But he wouldn't open it :mad:

And I won't be home for 2 more hours!!!! :scared:

SeattlePostBach said:
My husband just called to tell me a large, thick envelope arrived from UCSF in the mail today...
He said it was definitely more than one sheet of paper thick... But he wouldn't open it :mad:

I'm sure you got in!!!!!!! Big envelopes are always a good sign! Congratulatoins in advance!

SeattlePostBach said:

Whoooo! I think it's time for some premature congratulation!

(oh, wait, that probably came out wrong :laugh: )