UCSF....I'm Innnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not to get everyone anxious or obsessive about checking their mailboxes, but just wanted to let you guys know, UCSF letters were mailed yesterday. I received something today by snail mail (live in the Bay Area). Goodluck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Not to get everyone anxious or obsessive about checking their mailboxes, but just wanted to let you guys know, UCSF letters were mailed yesterday. I received something today by snail mail (live in the Bay Area). Goodluck to everyone!

cardinalcraze said:

something good? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
cardinalcraze said:

No problem, we're all already anxious AND obsessive. :) Congrats, assuming you received good news. If nothing comes tomorrow, I'll be pretty bummed out but tonight there's still hope.

cardinalcraze said:

Here goes my usual question.... when did you interview??? :scared:
And congrats (if its good news)!

interviewed in December.

LuisitoMD said:
Here goes my usual question.... when did you interview??? :scared:
And congrats (if its good news)!

I'm in toooooo!! Interviewed in October, so it's about freakin' time!

Just got in too!! BTW... 3.1 GPA, 3.0 BCPM, 31M MCAT... I've beat the odds!

FUUUUCK. Another month. My only hope is that my parents have already left for the weekend and have not received my acceptance. Because if they had received it they would have called, middle of the night or not. Another month. This sucks.

Congrats to you all! Now I stalk the mailman for two days.

Dopamine, don't give up YET - it's only been one day. Give it today as well, at least....!

If all you bay area people got it yesterday, I guess today's the day I could potentially get something in SoCal. Damn this day is going to draaaaaag on forever now. :scared:

Dr.MD said:
Just got in too!! BTW... 3.1 GPA, 3.0 BCPM, 31M MCAT... I've beat the odds!
Dr. MD: When did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
My deepest congratulations to my (potential) future classmates.

To those still waiting, Good luck!

Bluntman said:
Dr. MD: When did you interview?

In October... I was shocked cus I thought my interviews didn't go so well...

does anyone know if they also send out post-interview rejections on the 15th of each month or if they've even sent out any of those yet, at all?

big congrats to all of you who heard good news this month :thumbup: :) :thumbup:

You must have done better than you thought :D
Congrats everyone!!! I'm hoping the rest of you get good news in the mail tomorrow or Monday.
:luck: :luck:

I interviewed in oct, live in the bay area, and I STILL GOT NOTHING TODAY!!! what the heck

Nothing on the East coast.... come on, tomorrow!

I just don't understand why I still haven't heard back yet and I interviewed in Oct. If they're going to reject or waitlist me, just do so already!! Am I the only person that hasn't heard back yet that interviewed in Oct??? I think I've accepted the fact that I didnt get accepted :(

The way my interviewer explained it to me, you're given a number based on scores, gpa, interview, difficulty of school, in-state, etc. Everyone gets placed into a big list based on that number; the top few each month get in, the rest wait and wait and wait...

But that doesn't explain why some folk have started to hear high priority. Honestly though, I think that with UCSF no news is good news.

waterlily said:
I just don't understand why I still haven't heard back yet and I interviewed in Oct. If they're going to reject or waitlist me, just do so already!! Am I the only person that hasn't heard back yet that interviewed in Oct??? I think I've accepted the fact that I didnt get accepted :(

I hope DOA is right about no news being good news, but I'm with you. I've pretty much convinced myself I won't get in. Gotta let it go. Too much anxiety.

p.s. I interviewed in late Nov. so I haven't been waiting as long as you (and some others).

no letter :( I wish there was a smilie with tears... wa wa wa

My acceptance was waiting for me when I got home. I'm feeling very overwhelmed right now. :love:

titoincali said:
My acceptance was waiting for me when I got home. I'm feeling very overwhelmed right now. :love:

Awesome! Congrats tito! I just checked this thread cause I thought I would see this! Congrats!!!

Nothing on the East coast saturday either.... hello, March. Ugh.

Just got the thick envelope:) I live on the east coast (MA) and interviewed on Dec. 6! Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear!

pny06doc said:
Just got the thick envelope:) I live on the east coast (MA) and interviewed on Dec. 6! Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear!

Congrats!!

Congratulations everyone! I love it!!

And to everyone waiting, don't lose hope and good luck!

DeadorAlive said:
Nothing on the East coast saturday either.... hello, March. Ugh.

I'm with you... i'm on the west coast... and no mail... :( ... March here we come... the good thing is that Feb is a short month... ;)

Awesome :D .... Tito, and everyone else, is UCSF your first choice or are you unsure still?

LuisitoMD said:
I'm with you... i'm on the west coast... and no mail... :( ... March here we come... the good thing is that Feb is a short month... ;)

When did you interview? I interviewed early January and I think was being a bit too optimistic thinking that I could hear something by February.

Unless there is someone else out there from the Jan interviews that has got the good news already.

I interviewed the 2nd week of Jan and got the good news last Fri 1/17. Nor Cal person here.

wow this blows. 2 months after being accepted by washU that is still my only acceptance. heard nothin', interviewed early jan.

SeventhSon said:
wow this blows. 2 months after being accepted by washU that is still my only acceptance. heard nothin', interviewed early jan.

Sorry I have no remorse for someone complaining that they are "only accepted" by a top 5 school.

Ha.

Hi all!

Congrats to all who have already gotten in, and best of luck for those still waiting.

For everyone who has gotten in, have you made any final decisions? Considering attending the "Accepted Student Weekend" April 22-23?
...I'll be there...unbelievable!
Excited to meet you and, of course, learn more about the school.

Again, best of luck on your applications, acceptances, and the future.

gbleeker said:
Sorry I have no remorse for someone complaining that they are "only accepted" by a top 5 school.

Ha.

Wow you are such a nice person. So glad you posted.

aww i wanna go to the accepted student weekend!! :( im on the priority list thing, i wonder if i can still go to learn more about the school. would that be extremely lame since i'm not accepted?

coco said:
aww i wanna go to the accepted student weekend!! :( im on the priority list thing, i wonder if i can still go to learn more about the school. would that be extremely lame since i'm not accepted?

hey coco, im dying to go too!! i really don't think we are invited, haha...though we could show up stealth in hoodies and carrying periscopes and secretly watch all the action...i am worried that if i do get in from high priority, that i will be torn and will wish i could have met my potential future classmates! so all you who are going, please give us full reports! so excited to hear what it is like!!!

coco, i have faith!

same here!!! i'm like, what if i get off? i wont know as much as everyone else!! lol, do u think they would let us go if we called and asked? even though that's like totally pathetic!! :( ahhh

then again, i wouldn't want to be TOTALLY crushed, just in case it doesn't work out, so maybe it's for the best that i dont go.

NOTE: tracksuits and coco are still expecting a report with agonizing detail from you all!! take good notes on EVERYTHING! especially housing, THANK YOU THANK YOU!

btw are they paying for this? or do u guys still have to pay for flights. and where do u stay?

coco said:
same here!!! i'm like, what if i get off? i wont know as much as everyone else!! lol, do u think they would let us go if we called and asked? even though that's like totally pathetic!! :( ahhh

then again, i wouldn't want to be TOTALLY crushed, just in case it doesn't work out, so maybe it's for the best that i dont go.

NOTE: tracksuits and coco are still expecting a report with agonizing detail from you all!! take good notes on EVERYTHING! especially housing, THANK YOU THANK YOU!

btw are they paying for this? or do u guys still have to pay for flights. and where do u stay?

I believe the letter says that there is some funding for flights and such. I don't know about others but I won't be going and I'm sure there will be others in the class who don't go! For those who do go, report back!

I must ask, what exactly is so great about UCSF? It's match list is not all that different from other schools, it's located in one of the most expensive places in the country, facilities are merely ok... Yea, it's ranked highly according to US News, but what exactly does that mean for a med student there? One can have research positions at just about any med school and such...am I not gettin something here?

troopa said:
I must ask, what exactly is so great about UCSF? It's match list is not all that different from other schools, it's located in one of the most expensive places in the country, facilities are merely ok... Yea, it's ranked highly according to US News, but what exactly does that mean for a med student there? One can have research positions at just about any med school and such...am I not gettin something here?

You could ask those same things about Columbia, Penn, Stanford, even Harvard maybe minus the facilities. You know? It's a great school like all of those schools. There are lots of reasons I think it is so great but since I am on high priority I don't want to remember them right now. But hopefully some other kind person will come here and make you love it :)

gbleeker said:

Ha.

I think you should have some sympathy, since the poor guy has great stats and has yet to get into an MD/PhD program anywhere...

Saluki said:
I think you should have some sympathy, since the poor guy has great stats and has yet to get into an MD/PhD program anywhere...

Yeah plus gbleeker already posted on another thread that he got into his first choice school (Creighton) so I don't know why he is knocking somebody who is upset that they also aren't into their first choice (I'm assuming WashU is not the first choice of the above poster).

Saluki said:

Yeah plus gbleeker already posted on another thread that he got into his first choice school (Creighton) so I don't know why he is knocking somebody who is upset that they also aren't into their first choice. (note: you can substitute all those hims with hers if gbleeker is female)