ucsf interview.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ivshah

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi!
I got interview call from UCSF. it is from 8th of dec to 11th dec. Anyone here can guide me what to read for written test mainly what subjects from part-2.
thanks.:)

Members don't see this ad.

hi all...

does anybody has any idea..... exactly how many people they hav called for interview in ucsf? n anybody has any idea how many seats. i mean i heard they r planning to increase the seats........... i am a bit confused now..... i too got a call from ucsf.. but unfortunately i hav interview in boston on the same date...... its difficult to pick one of them...........:(

cods....cant u reschedule ur boston interview,well i did and they were ok with taht

Members don't see this ad :)
according to the e-mail they have sent...it shows they have called arround 80 students.......no idea of the seats being increased where did u hear that from Cods?.........can anyone guide us about the written test ...and the case discussion part.
Cherry

hi! cods
you can ask bu to reschedule your interview i think they r prety cool with that. I think this time ucsf called around 80 to 90 students. i have no idea about seats. best of luck.

Any suggestion for written test ?

thanks.:)

oh is there any case disscusion also? Please guide us someone who knows about it.

thanks.

thanks a ton to all of u.....

i've heard abt rescheduling boston interviews.... but not quite sure, abt how they r goin to react...... green emerald can u pls tell when exactly u rescheduled n after how many weeks u got the new appointment.......
n regarding the increase abt the seats.. i have heard from sombody who is doing the program...... but not sure.. i am really sorry if i am wrong....... but will definately try n get the inf abt the seats n abt te written test n discussion part soon .. n will let u guys know soon........

hi guys,
did u recieve an email or a snail mail from UCSF???do they tell u on the phone if u r selected for the interview??I haven't recieved any thing so far???:(

they send e-mail & also snail mail .

thanx for the reply,
so if i haven't recieved a anything does that mean i am not selected for the interview???are my scores of too low??do u guys have a clue about this??:confused:

i called and they responded. they told me what my result is.

DDS_FIGHT

So are you going or not to UCSF? Any idea how many applicants they had?

Members don't see this ad :)
cods,they rescheduled the following week...itw as last year

hi all,
wat is that case discussion part ?.....i was under the opinion that they will ask us to do the preparations in typodont ?thats it.....can anybody help us in this front please.
thanks
sang

hi all,
i too got a interview call from ucsf i would like to know wat is that rsvp by e mail they have mentioned in the e mail.
thanks
sang

Some how I did not get the email. But called and confirmed that I am in for the interview.

To all the UCSF Interviewees:

GOOD LUCK!!!! :clap:
May all of us get accepted....:D .....Let's hope that they have increased their number of seats to 80. ;)

I guess they are calling around 90 to 95 people for the UCSF interview.

Regarding the case discussion, last time the applicants were just asked some basic dental related stuff. Nothing as of a case-study.

Any other info that you can gather, please follow it up on this thread.It will be great for all those who are attending this interview.

hi henna,
can you please tell us is it necessary to do rubber dam application for the practical test in ucsf.
thanks
sang

Originally posted by bpl77
hi henna,
can you please tell us is it necessary to do rubber dam application for the practical test in ucsf.
thanks
sang
No rubber dam, that's for sure ! :)

hi! henna,

henna , as you r doing IDP program at ucsf , can you help us here.
I have question regarding written test.
It is similar to part-2 but what do we have to study, pharmacology too? Or which sub. we should read most? & what about case discussion? How long will be the written test?

thanks.

Originally posted by ivshah
hi! henna,

henna , as you r doing IDP program at ucsf , can you help us here.
I have question regarding written test.
It is similar to part-2 but what do we have to study, pharmacology too? Or which sub. we should read most? & what about case discussion? How long will be the written test?

thanks.
Hi,
They change the questions every year so I dont know how much you can rely on my info..
Most of it was prostho ( rpd design based ) perio, dental materials etc

There was no case discussion when I took it, but I heard its mostly like
- Mr. X had pain in tooth #6 for a week which increased at night, swelling for 2 days, abscess in relation to # 6. What's your treatment plan?
-Know the difference between irreversible and reversible pulpitis, you might get cases based on that.
Its pretty simple, just know the basics.

Good Luck.

hi heena,

Thanks for great information. It helps me a lot, as i was stuck with tumors of oralpatho, but now i will start prostho ....... .......

thanks a lot.:

Originally posted by ivshah
hi heena,

Thanks for great information. It helps me a lot, as i was stuck with tumors of oralpatho, but now i will start prostho ....... .......

thanks a lot.:clap: :)

Please dont take my word for it, I really dont know what the question for this yr will be like.

Just be prepared as you would for part 2.

ok sure henna. thanks.

Hi guys,

I am a new member. I got to know about this forum a few days back. I must say I am impressed. Its really helpful. I have been going through this for last 2-3 days. It sure did provide me with some important piece of information.
I have been selected for interviews in UCLA, UCSF and UOP.
As I haven't taken my part 2 yet, so a little nervous about the written test. I think quite a lot of you are in the same boat as I am.
Anyway, I wish you all and myself luck.

Ritu

PS: good work Henna

hi,
can anybody tell me the duration of written test and do we have to answer MCQ's or short answer type questions?l :(

Originally posted by ritu14

PS: good work Henna
Thank you .

Good Luck.

If you are not too good in theory be prepared to do very well in the practical part, it helps.

hi henna,

ur at ucsf i believe....??? me and a couple of other canadians are being tested at london, univ of western ontario at the same time as ucsf is having their test. this is a real dilemma.

do u think if we start a chain letter, get together other people like us who want another test date.....that there might be a chance we can request a test date for a second group of people?

sounds tough right? from the sdn site i see there are others being tested at boston, or some other people too who cannot make it on 10 -12 dec.

as moderator, could u help us to find each other and put in our best effort to request the authorities for a second test date

hoping in miracles

docsilla

dear docsilla,

I for one, am sailing in the same leaky boat.. i can't get to the US before Jan :( one top of everything, i haven't been in touch with the practical side for a few months now and i haven't really started studying for part 2... so im pretty sure i'll end up looking really clueless at the interview..
that being said, its tough even getting called to an interview, so its a shame to let the chance pass.. i have requested a change of date but my email hasn't been replied to as yet.. I'll be calling the office first thing monday. But im not sure if its a good idea to do anything beyond that, as every school has its own policy and i don't think they would comply even if there were a lot of people like you and me.. have u called them up yet? I hope for your sake, they DO agree to a second testing date.. All the best.

T.

Originally posted by docsilla
hi henna,

me and a couple of other canadians are being tested at london, univ of western ontario at the same time as ucsf is having their test. this is a real dilemma.

do u think if we start a chain letter, get together other people like us who want another test date.....that there might be a chance we can request a test date for a second group of people?

I don't believe that they have any plans to have a 2nd set of interviews and exams for this year and I dont know how compliant they will be to that kind of request, but you can always try.

Originally posted by docsilla
as moderator, could u help us to find each other and put in our best effort to request the authorities for a second test date

hoping in miracles

docsilla [/B]

I wish I could do miracles.

If you want to get all the ppl in the similar position together, start a thread regarding that.

Chain letter is a good idea, get everyone to sign a letter requesting that they consider your request, fax it to everyone and get it signed and then contact me , I'll see what I can do.

Originally posted by bpl77
hi all,
i too got a interview call from ucsf i would like to know wat is that rsvp by e mail they have mentioned in the e mail.
thanks
sang

RSVP
r?pondez s'il vous pla?t (please reply).
In French

Originally posted by pearle
RSVP
r?pondez s'il vous pla?t (please reply).
In French

Salut :vous est francophone???;)

I didn't receive any confirmation letter or rejection letter for the interview at ucsf.when i called the admissions office they told me that since there are many students it was not possible to send in the first list and they might consider me in the second list.Did anyone in this site faced the same problem?And will there be any second set of interviews at ucsf?

Does any one know if we could practice at UCSF lab during the week end ( Saturday and Sunday the 12/06 and 12/07)?. What is the process to follow to get the badge., etc. Do we have to inform the school right away or you just show up there any working day?

hi anvi,

who did u speak to? did he/ she actually say they will have a second set of interviews? when did u speak to them?

me and a bunch of other people have been trying to get a second set of dates for the interviews. i have not been able to get hold of anyone at the office so far.

hope to hear from u

docsilla

edited by henna

Please dont post multiple copies.

All the best....

Last edited:
hi,
i'm not an expert but i read that ucla calls 25 people and selects 12, while ucsf has called 90 people and will select 24.

u do the math.....

meanwhile, i'm trying to get a list of people who would like another test date at ucsf. rumour has it that they will b calling another batch of students.....at a later date

don't know if thats true.

but if u r interested in another test date at ucsf, please write to me at [email protected] and i can include ur name in the appeal letter to ucsf

hi anvi,
i too haven't recieved anything from UCSF.I just hope they have an other batch for interviews ..do lemme know if u hear from them.

I wasn't ivited for this interview too... :(

I called Barbra Richardson, and as far as I understood, there wont be anoter date, but if they don't get enough people for the interview they can call some of us... like a waiting list for the interview...
Well I'll live over it;)

To everyone interviewing at UCSF..
Has anyone living outside the US received their Technical Examination Reference Guide??? :confused:
Also, I'd like to repeat DDS_FIGHT's qst, since it wasn't replied to.. Does any one know if we could practice at the UCSF lab during the week end before the interview? This is the one school Im really worried abt more than the others :(
Good luck to everyone else, Im sure you'll do great. :)
Tasha

Originally posted by ToTaLLy_TaSha

Also, I'd like to repeat DDS_FIGHT's qst, since it wasn't replied to.. Does any one know if we could practice at the UCSF lab during the week end before the interview?

You can, if you can find someone to let you in and is willing to stay with you for the whole time period.

I wanted to share something with you guys,

Myself and one of my friends will not be attending the UCSF interview process. So, I hope that two spaces have opened up for those of you that may be on the waiting list. Best of luck to you all.

Originally posted by Henna
You can, if you can find someone to let you in and is willing to stay with you for the whole time period.

Thanks Henna, that helps a lot!! :) I would feel a lot better about the test if I could get in a little practice.

To Propel.. are you and your friend on the appeal list thats going out to UCSF for the date change? Let me or docsilla know 'cos we need to have the exact number of applicants who want a second testing date. Wish you luck for your other interviews. :)

Tasha