UCSF MSTP Secondary Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mous

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just have a couple of questions about the UCSF MSTP secondary:

I recently started working a new lab (about a month ago). The Secondary asks us to describe our most recent research experience. Do you think I should (a) describe my work in the lab I just joined a month ago, or (b) describe my work in a lab that I worked in for multiple years?

Also, is anyone else having trouble with formatting the section on past research experience. The dates/project title/advisor's contact info columns aren't actually columns...Any suggestions on how to format?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I just have a couple of questions about the UCSF MSTP secondary:

I recently started working a new lab (about a month ago). The Secondary asks us to describe our most recent research experience. Do you think I should (a) describe my work in the lab I just joined a month ago, or (b) describe my work in a lab that I worked in for multiple years?

Also, is anyone else having trouble with formatting the section on past research experience. The dates/project title/advisor's contact info columns aren't actually columns...Any suggestions on how to format?

Thanks.

I would describe both research experiences, but focus on the lab that you worked in for several years.

Also, congrats on the secondary! I'm jealous...I still haven't gotten UCSF's yet. Just curious, are you a California resident?

Well I haven't gotten the UCSF secondary yet, so no help there. When did it get to you? I know they screen, so maybe rejection letters are slower to get out?

Yeah, your have to manually format the dates/project/advisor section, ie put spaces in between.

I would call or email the MSTP office regarding your most recent research project. I'm almost certain that you can list both under your special circumstance, but it's always better to get a confirmation from them.