Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

UCSF MSTP

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by arrowsmith, Sep 16, 2001.

1. arrowsmith

arrowsmith Member

Has any non-Californian heard from UCSF about secondaries and MSTP? I live on the East Coast and I sent their interim application three weeks ago. My stats are competitive and I'm getting a bit antsy, as if there isn't enough to be antsy about.

Rositalola

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats

Relax...jeez...everything will happen soon. I just got the secondary a day ago and I live right next to SF...so relax..if you are competitive..you will get a secondary..not a problem :)

4. Triangulation

Triangulation 1K Member

Pharmacist
    When did y'all submit your AMCAS? I'm curious about the lag time. :confused:

5. anywhere from 2 days to 3 months :D

6. arrowsmith

arrowsmith Member

7. arrowsmith

arrowsmith Member

bump
    thanks

8. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Banned
    Banned

I'm not applying to UCSF MSTP, but you might try to PM/email Vader.

He's a first year MD/PhD at UCSF I believe.

9. BeckyG

BeckyG Senior Member

Yeah, Vader is here with me at UCSF SoM. He's in the MSTP (MD/PhD) program; he goes to all our classes AND takes some Ph.D. courses as well. I'll ask him tomorrow if he's been checking this site. However, we've been really busy -- this is the first time I've checked in a week or so. Anyway, good luck to you all!

- Becky

10. arrowsmith

arrowsmith Member

Thanks Becky

11. Vader

Vader Dark Lord of the Sith
    Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    I wouldn't worry too much about the secondary yet. I don't think I received mine until October last year (I sent in the primary application at the end of June) and that was without the current AMCAS nightmare. Everything in the admissions office is moving fairly slowly right now.

The MSTP application will be included with the secondary. If they haven't changed from last year, it is a sheet of paper asking you to list your publications and presentations, and to describe your research experience.

Sorry I've been kind of AWOL from SDN lately. As BeckyG noted, we just started classes and are being inundated with material. She of course told me about your question, so I thought I'd respond. If you have any others or need a place to stay when you come for interviews, I'd be happy to help. :D