• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

omg

10+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
just wondering, for those accepted to ucsf post dec 1st, how long do you guys have to wait for the letter after your interview??
Thanks!

in her drawer

Ain't no glory in a war
10+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2006
The City, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Are you asking this question to anyone who was accepted after 12/1, or just people who were both interviewed and accepted post-Dec 1st? At any rate, I interviewed in mid-November and I got in about a month ago.

omg

10+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
sorry, i mean everyone who was interviewed and accepted after dec 1st. :D

About the Ads

omg

10+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Are you asking this question to anyone who was accepted after 12/1, or just people who were both interviewed and accepted post-Dec 1st? At any rate, I interviewed in mid-November and I got in about a month ago.

Congratz on your acceptance! :D

soontobe2007

10+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I interviewed in mid January, the admissions committee met a week and a half after that, made a decision on me on that day and i found out a few days later that i was accepted. At the interview, they told us that they don't make decisions about everyone they have recently interviewed at the next ad com meeting. To me, that means they make quick decisions on people they are sure about and those they are not quite sure about usually have to wait longer. Good luck!

omg

10+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I interviewed in mid January, the admissions committee met a week and a half after that, made a decision on me on that day and i found out a few days later that i was accepted. At the interview, they told us that they don't make decisions about everyone they have recently interviewed at the next ad com meeting. To me, that means they make quick decisions on people they are sure about and those they are not quite sure about usually have to wait longer. Good luck!

When you said "made a decision on me on that day and i found out a few days later that i was accepted," do you mean they make decision on the day of the interview or when the adm com meet?
Btw, congratz for your acceptance ! :D

soontobe2007

10+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
When you said "made a decision on me on that day and i found out a few days later that i was accepted," do you mean they make decision on the day of the interview or when the adm com meet?
Btw, congratz for your acceptance ! :D

thanks! I meant they made a decision about me on the day the ad com met.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.