UCSF Regents Scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

somethingpositi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a UCSF Regents Scholarship yet? (Or does anyone know if they have already been given out?)

Members don't see this ad.

wow, i can't even imagine what the "stats" are on a regent recipient for med school.

Is that something that is offered as part of the financial aid package, or do you have to do something separate of that paperwork to be eligible?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is that something that is offered as part of the financial aid package, or do you have to do something separate of that paperwork to be eligible?

Most scholarships like these are separate from paperwork. It's usually when they really want you to come to their school.

For the UC undergrads, they came w/ the acceptance letter, but since no one on the SF threads have mentioned getting one, we can still keep our fingers crossed!

I know it's merit based, not need based... but it's still possible that they give it out with the financial aid packages. It just seems strange that they would wait that long to give it out... I would think that they would want to use it as a recruiting tool when they first gave out acceptances.

im not a ucsf prospective...but was wondering if there were any updates for this thread...im going to ucla...and was hoping to get SOME info on these scholarships..as i assume they might be similar among the UC med schools ??

THANKS guys!! =)

im not a ucsf prospective...but was wondering if there were any updates for this thread...im going to ucla...and was hoping to get SOME info on these scholarships..as i assume they might be similar among the UC med schools ??

THANKS guys!! =)

Actually, I think it is possible that scholarships are different at each school. I know for undergrad the process for regents scholarships was very school specific.

I have no idea what's going on with UCSF. They could have given out the scholarships already, but I haven't heard about it. I would think they would have given it out already to convince people to come.

I know first hand that UC regent's scholarships for medical school are chump change

A year free is chump change?