UCSF Reloaded-- Anyone excited? Part 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

photo_girl07

Western Blot Queen
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all wonderful support group. Our first UCSF thread has exceeded the 1000post limit. So, I think its time we have a UCSF reloaded Part 2 to share the karma and good vibes.

Good Luck! :luck: :luck: :luck:

May the hoping, venting, and celebrating continue here :)

UCSF Part 1- http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=349252

Members don't see this ad.

I'm still excited. Somehow... :)

Thanks for making the new thread PG!

Hope's a powerful drug...

Good luck wishes to the rest of the country waiting for their acceptances this go-round and HP waitlist movement to those...

Members don't see this ad :)
Please Monday. Otherwise I am toast.:(

Good luck to all those waiting to hear!!!:luck::luck:
Hope for Monday :)

I thought this was going to be a big week- ug.

I'm offline for most of next week- just want you all to know you're in my thoughts and I'm pulling for you.

Thanks for the new thread, Photogirl- you have to get into UCSF to take lots of cute pictures of my son when he visits for lunch!

SF

Alright folks, let this be the week! Glad to see most of the regulars already here too. Thanks for settin this up PG.

:luck:

I'm so into this thread. I was away to another town for the weekend. As soon as i got home, I looked for the UCSF thread...GLK everyone. I want to see everyone with big package from UCSF.

awww.... you guys forgot the stars!

done and done. :D

I, for the record, am still excited.

GOODLUCK tomorrow!!!!!!!! I really really hope those of you who are waiting to hear get good news tomorrow... you seem like such a great people to be classmates with!

:thumbup: :luck: :thumbup: :D

Members don't see this ad :)
awww.... you guys forgot the stars!

done and done. :D

Thanks for the stars KaraKiz! And SF- I promise to take pictures :)

Good Luck to everyone. I am so excited to see everyone has returned.

I can't wait to see more good news on this thread!! :luck: :luck:

Best of luck, folks. Surely someone will get an acceptance today so the rest of us can live vicariously...

huge luck to all. hopefully those big envelopes will find everyone this afternoon.

Hey everyone...Good luck to all!!! Hopefully we can see additionally HP movement as well.

Also, has anyone heard from the UCSF PRIME-US program yet?

Hmmm nothing today, as expected. Here's hoping next month will do the charm.

:luck: :luck: Everybody :luck: :luck:

where the heck are all the inspirational posts?

has ucsf sent out any waitlists (non HP) or rejections yet?

Hmmm nothing today, as expected. Here's hoping next month will do the charm.

Nothing in Boston today.

Now I'll try to get back to my normal routine (ie, not sneaking out of work early to check the mail) till the WLs/rejections go out.

Blah. Again.

big white envelope in Arizona - hells yeas, finally
interview in late December - see ya'll in the fall

I'm curious too. Did you get the February email about how interviews would occur between February and April?

I submitted my app late Feb for PRIME-US, and the confirmation e-mail said that I'd hear back in the next month (March). It also said that interviews would be conducted in April and that the candidates would be chosen early May.

Congratulations, vener0l0g. Well done... Say goodbye to dry heat...

CONGRATS!!!!!

only wish I had seen some HP movement. sigh. back to waiting

Good luck to all of those still waiting!:luck::D

Congrats!!!

I do not understand this acceptance pattern. Fri in SF. Sat in NC and Socal. Mon in AZ. Maybe they sent out 2 batches? Maybe the mail is just crazy. Maybe I'm crazy.

Congrats!!!

I do not understand this acceptance pattern. Fri in SF. Sat in NC and Socal. Mon in AZ. Maybe they sent out 2 batches? Maybe the mail is just crazy. Maybe I'm crazy.

I hope the mail is crazy or that they sent out two batches!!!!:rolleyes::oops:

:idea:

I submitted my app late Feb for PRIME-US, and the confirmation e-mail said that I'd hear back in the next month (March). It also said that interviews would be conducted in April and that the candidates would be chosen early May.

I sent in my PRIME app to the folks at the JMP after my interview there, and they just called me a couple of weeks later for a phone interview, which sucks because i HATE phone interviews and wasn't prepared for it. they didn't tell me anything about how or when they pick students for that, but maybe things happen differently at JMP than at UCSF proper.

I sent in my PRIME app to the folks at the JMP after my interview there, and they just called me a couple of weeks later for a phone interview, which sucks because i HATE phone interviews and wasn't prepared for it. they didn't tell me anything about how or when they pick students for that, but maybe things happen differently at JMP than at UCSF proper.

Hey etsuprinthead, I also interviewed at JMP and applied to PRIME there (as well as at UCSF). So they called you a couple of weeks after your interview? Even before you heard about your acceptance? Thanks for any info :) .

Crazy cool! You waited awhile - makes me hold out lots of hope for a late acceptance. Congratulations!

Unfortunately, I got NADA today! :(

Crazy cool! You waited awhile - makes me hold out lots of hope for a late acceptance. Congratulations!

Unfortunately, I got NADA today! :(
I got Zilch as well. Oh well so much for the bay!:(

I applied to PRIME and completed my phone interviews last week! I knew right away that I wanted to be a part of that program so I turned in everything early. I must say that it is very difficult to do phone interviews since the interviewers just say "yeah", "okay", or some other alternate response. You can't really tell if they really liked your response or not.

Getting into PRIME would be icing on the cake. I just want to send best wishes to everyone waiting! Maybe at this point no news is good news :oops:

Yeah, it's not much, but I wanted to post my 100th post here!

Hey everyone...Good luck to all!!!

Also, has anyone heard from the UCSF PRIME-US program yet?

Hey Eggs,
So I got the prime-US information program info but haven't heard anymore from the program. Have you been accepted? Congrats if so and good luck if not. Keep the hope goin'

Here's to hoping for good news today!!!:luck: :luck:

then . . . more waiting.

Yeah, it's not much, but I wanted to post my 100th post here!

Congrats :)

So, guys, I am about to have an unrequested lunch with my biostatistician PI, who is calling it my "decision-making lunch," in which she plans to grill me about my future (why?). Why couldn't I have heard good news yesterday??? I don't think admissions understands what I'm going through here.

Okay, a little bit of useful conversation: It seems that the predicted first class mail-time is equal (3 days) from San Francisco to San Diego, Tucson, and Boston. That blew my mind, so I thought I'd share.

I have to say, I stopped reading this thread (well, part I) when I got my HP letter, I was so bummed...... but as it's getting closer to April/May when they said we'll hear again and get more specific info (maybe an acceptance!) I can't help but be excited...... best of luck to everyone!!! Keep the good vibes coming! :)

Congrats :)

So, guys, I am about to have an unrequested lunch with my biostatistician PI, who is calling it my "decision-making lunch," in which she plans to grill me about my future (why?). Why couldn't I have heard good news yesterday??? I don't think admissions understands what I'm going through here.

Okay, a little bit of useful conversation: It seems that the predicted first class mail-time is equal (3 days) from San Francisco to San Diego, Tucson, and Boston. That blew my mind, so I thought I'd share.

I know exactly how you feel. Everyone at work asks me incessantly where I will be next year and if I have heard any good news. It makes me more nervous to have successful physicians and/or researchers asking me these questions almost everyday. Not to mention that many of fellow colleagues are applying for PhD programs and have already been accepted to top places. double sigh.

well . . . here's to hearing in April:(

gotta keep our chin's up!

I know exactly how you feel. Everyone at work asks me incessantly where I will be next year and if I have heard any good news. It makes me more nervous to have successful physicians and/or researchers asking me these questions almost everyday. Not to mention that many of fellow colleagues are applying for PhD programs and have already been accepted to top places. double sigh.

Yes! Everyone I work for is either Harvard- or Hopkins- trained. I'm fine with the fact that I'm not going to Harvard or Hopkins. I will be fine if I don't get into any top schools. But I feel like I don't need to be constantly reminded of it by some of the most successful people in the country. :cool:

Good luck hanging in there, vernal :) I'm off to lunch...

(I'm glad PG included venting as a purpose of this thread)