• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

UCSF School of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

UCLA D4 🎉
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
  1. Dental Student

zdoq

2+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2018
  1. Pre-Dental
Submitted on 6/16, verified on 6/22, and I just got an email last night that my application is complete and is being submitted for review. Almost a month of processing!

About the Ads
About the Ads

zdoq

2+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2018
  1. Pre-Dental
This thread is really quiet compared to previous years... :wideyed:

Anyone who's lurking, on the sign-up sheet they sent out for this first wave, interview dates are from 10/5 to 10/20. I believe they are going to send out more waves of interviews because on the DentStay application form, the possible interview dates to choose from go all the way until January.

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users

beepbooop

2+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2019
does anyone know how many acceptances UCSF offers? Out of the ~300 interviews, I've been told ~150 but that seems a bit high? (lol if u cant tell I don't want to get my hopes up about getting accepted)

Thanks in advance!

Apal123

5+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2016
  1. Pre-Dental
Here's a link to UCSF SOD admission data from the past several cycles (most recent is the class of 2018): Institutional Data | School of Dentistry

They offer spots to roughly 150 people and of those 85-90 students enroll. The school probably staggers out the acceptances to not overfill the class. For example, they could offer acceptances in 3 batches to 50 people, and of those, roughly 30 will actually enroll at the school from each batch.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads

zdoq

2+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2018
  1. Pre-Dental
hey you mind telling me any important info about interview logistics and the like? I kind of have exams so couldnt attend and got an interview, so dont wanna mess it up. Thanks.
They recorded the vid and I'm guessing it will be posted/sent out soon. We had to sign a student agreement to not share any specific details about the interview-- sorry. Especially since this video link was only sent out to interviewees, I don't feel comfortable sharing.

VaderLuvzTeeth

Jun 23, 2020
  1. Pre-Dental
They recorded the vid and I'm guessing it will be posted/sent out soon. We had to sign a student agreement to not share any specific details about the interview-- sorry. Especially since this video link was only sent out to interviewees, I don't feel comfortable sharing.
Oh no totally understandable. My interview is late Oct so ill try to join the next one. I was scared the interview was next week but i have time. Can you point me to the link or page where these go live? Im having a hard time finding info.

Reactions: 1 user

zdoq

2+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2018
  1. Pre-Dental
Oh no totally understandable. My interview is late Oct so ill try to join the next one. I was scared the interview was next week but i have time. Can you point me to the link or page where these go live? Im having a hard time finding info.
I'm guessing they'll send the link out to interviewees, otherwise I'll keep an eye out. The admissions office does have a youtube channel, but I think all of the videos are private so we can't see them if we don't have the link.

About the Ads

futureDDS12345

Aug 17, 2020
  1. Pre-Dental
Interview #2
School: UCSF
Notification date: 9/30/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/26
Application complete date: 8/5
GPA (overall, science): 3.49, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/20/23/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/27, 10/28
Method of Interview: Virtual

PreDentGator2021

2+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2017
  1. Pre-Dental
Rejected with a 3.75 GPA and a 23 DAT (OOS)... definitely feels bad because this was one of my top choices, but based on the stats of other rejected students it seems like they are giving OOS kids a hard time.

• Sad

zdoq

2+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2018
  1. Pre-Dental
Sorry to hear guys :( you are all so qualified and another dental school will be so lucky to have you! I'm wondering if you guys were offered an interview? Or was it a rejection w/o interview?

Reactions: 2 users

malacitis

2+ Year Member
May 10, 2017
  1. Pre-Dental
Rejected today! Somewhat surprised and certainly disappointed.

Out-of-state with a 28 DAT and 3.98/3.98 GPA. Thought it would be good enough for an interview at least! Oh well. Good luck, everyone!

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.