UCSF Secondary is Out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dance2dental

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got an email saying I will be receiving another email with the secondary in the next hour. I'm first batch.

Members don't see this ad.

OO wow! Yay for you guys! Hopefully, I hear from them soon, too.

Members don't see this ad :)
how rigorous is their screening process before sending the secondaries? anyone have an idea?

Yay! I just got my UCSF email! :)
@ttpham: I'm not sure, but you will probably get your's soon. Your DAT scores really great!

Yay! I just got my UCSF email! :)
@ttpham: I'm not sure, but you will probably get your's soon. Your DAT scores really great!

thanks i already got it. just wanted to see if it is difficult to get the 2ndaries.

got it!
my application was mailed on 7/27 (don't know which batch it is)

Just got an email saying I will be receiving another email with the secondary in the next hour. I'm first batch.
it has been over an hour and I still have not received the follow up email from UCSF. Anyone receive the second email? Is the second email just contain the password for their website?

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally received the second email. This countdown clock is pretty intense.

Ya... lol the website was very slow. Maybe the server is really busy with everyone trying to fill out their supplemental. I just took a break from it b/c the page would take a very long time to load whenever I would try to upload my prerequisites. Lol. I would just surf the web between the times when the UCSF site was waiting to load. :)

Ya... lol the website was very slow. Maybe the server is really busy with everyone trying to fill out their supplemental. I just took a break from it b/c the page would take a very long time to load whenever I would try to upload my prerequisites. Lol. I would just surf the web between the times when the UCSF site was waiting to load. :)

Haha same here

Just an FYI folks, check your junk/spam. My email provider thought an email from [email protected] is junk.

Needless to say, I would like to find the people who programmed the spam recognition for my email service and 'persuade' them, via physical means, to change it henceforth!

EDIT: This was the all important Username/Password email I'm talking about. Good luck everyone!

=(.... still haven't received the second email..... checked my spam box too....

Mine took like 5 hours. It is being delayed for some reason so I wouldn't worry if you haven't received it yet.

For those of you filling out UCSF's supplemental...

I am a biology major, I AP'd out of the general biology course when I was a freshman. So i never bothered taking a general biology or zoology class. Does my AP class still count?

And did a lot of you really take a psych class to fulfill their psych requirement?

I am a biology major, I AP'd out of the general biology course when I was a freshman. So i never bothered taking a general biology or zoology class. Does my AP class still count?

And did a lot of you really take a psych class to fulfill their psych requirement?
Yes, you need to take psych before you matriculate into the school. It is mandatory. :)

From their website:

"While actual course work is preferred by our faculty, applicants may use AP Tests to partially fulfill the prerequisites. In order to have AP Tests applied towards the prerequisites, applicants must submit an official copy of their AP Test Score Report from Educational Testing Services (ETS). Using School Code 5482, you may contact ETS at ets.org to request that a copy of your score report be sent to our office."

http://dentistry.ucsf.edu/admissions/dentistry-dds/admissions-requirements

you can see it if you scroll down to advanced placement tests

Yes, you need to take psych before you matriculate into the school. It is mandatory. :)

well, i guess i can take one this coming semester.

i read on their website, AP'ing out of Biology still requires you to take another general biology class in college... i took a class called "evolution and diversity of life"- we learned about 'the evolution of reproductive, physiologic, and morphologic diversity from the beginning of life through the origins of major lineages of organisms'.

Do you think this class would count as a general biology requirement? UCSF says that "Anatomy, botany or elementary courses of a descriptive nature cannot be used to complete this requirement." Do you guys think this is too 'descriptive' of a course?

From their website:

"While actual course work is preferred by our faculty, applicants may use AP Tests to partially fulfill the prerequisites. In order to have AP Tests applied towards the prerequisites, applicants must submit an official copy of their AP Test Score Report from Educational Testing Services (ETS). Using School Code 5482, you may contact ETS at ets.org to request that a copy of your score report be sent to our office."

http://dentistry.ucsf.edu/admissions/dentistry-dds/admissions-requirements

you can see it if you scroll down to advanced placement tests

haha yea... just found it. thanks...

I got mine earlier too - I was in the 5th batch!

Still haven't received my second email

Does anyone know how to enter courses like languages- it doesn't fall into any of the categories like "gen chem, ochem, physics, psych,' etc... On their website it says that social sciences, humanities, languages etc are part of their admission requirements... Guess they don't want us to include any of these types of classes in their supplemental (??)

Advanced Placement (AP) Tests
While actual course work is preferred by our faculty, applicants may use AP Tests to partially fulfill the prerequisites. In order to have AP Tests applied towards the prerequisites, applicants must submit an official copy of their AP Test Score Report from Educational Testing Services (ETS). Using School Code 5482, you may contact ETS at ets.org to request that a copy of your score report be sent to our office.

So we're supposed to send the AP Score reports now or after we're admitted?

Regarding AP's. ETS administers the GREs not the APs. College Board administers the APs. I looked up UCSF's College Board code and not only is it different than the ETS School Code but there are 3 choices. Which one gets put down on the AP Score Releasing Form?

Does anyone know how to enter courses like languages- it doesn't fall into any of the categories like "gen chem, ochem, physics, psych,' etc... On their website it says that social sciences, humanities, languages etc are part of their admission requirements... Guess they don't want us to include any of these types of classes in their supplemental (??)

You only need to enter classes that satisfy their minimum requirements, e.g. the categories they've provided you. The social science, humanities, etc are all just recommended I think.

The website is sooo slow! Is anyone else having this problem?

Just confused on converting semester units to quarter units.

If its a 6.0 on AADSAS would it be 6x1.5 = 9?

I think you multiply 1.5 to semester hours...?

So a 3 credit chemistry course would be 4.5 credits? (please correct me if I'm doing it wrong)

I think you multiply 1.5 to semester hours...?

So a 3 credit chemistry course would be 4.5 credits? (please correct me if I'm doing it wrong)

I think that's what I did.

Also... it says 3 semester or 4 quarter units of Biochem... I definitely don't have that many credits of biochem..

Regarding AP's. ETS administers the GREs not the APs. College Board administers the APs. I looked up UCSF's College Board code and not only is it different than the ETS School Code but there are 3 choices. Which one gets put down on the AP Score Releasing Form?

When do we send them the AP's? Now or when we're admitted?

Help me with this

My transcript says:

General Chemistry I - 3 credit - B
General Chemistry I Lab - 1 credit - C

does that mean I input this into the UCSF supp?

General Chemistry I with Lab - 6 credit - B'

I am not sure if I should weight and average the grades or what...

Help me with this

My transcript says:

General Chemistry I - 3 credit - B
General Chemistry I Lab - 1 credit - C

does that mean I input this into the UCSF supp?

General Chemistry I with Lab - 6 credit - B'

I am not sure if I should weight and average the grades or what...
No, you input them separately since your lab course is separate from your lecture. They have a drop down selection for if it's a lab or lecture.

No, you input them separately since your lab course is separate from your lecture. They have a drop down selection for if it's a lab or lecture.

Right on. I just noticed the lab choice.

do they want us to include only the MINIMUM requirements or all courses that fall in each category?

The psych requirement needs to be graded..ffs I took it for cred/no credit and got a B so it shows "Pass". Now I couldn't repeat it even if I went back to school. I'm just hoping they'll overlook this and trust me when I say I did well in the class but took it cred/no cred because it was my freshman year!!! I have EVERYTHING else UCSF could possibly want including plenty of research.

Judging by how threatening the app has been thus far (only 14 days or cancelled! enter pre-reqs incorrectly and cancelled). For all I know my app might be thrown out because of Psych...lol :p

How much effort we should put in Biography statement? I feel that I have no more to talk about. I said everything and put bunch of effort in my PS.

How much effort we should put in Biography statement? I feel that I have no more to talk about. I said everything and put bunch of effort in my PS.

When in doubt do more than you have to. I did 3 drafts for the questions 1,2,3,5 before hitting the submit button.