ucsf secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whatsupdoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just found out from the UCSF website that I received a secondary. How much do they screen. I've seen a bunch of threads where people haven't gotten one, but how hard is it to get one.

Members don't see this ad.

i think out of 5000 applicants, they give 1400 secondaries.

congratulations :clap:

Thanks. I really appreciate it. I still have no interviews, so I guess that I should look at this as receiving my first piece of good news.

Members don't see this ad :)
did your notice come email, snail mail or "saw it on the website" ?

Congrats, whatsupdoc! Feels good to make a 30% cut, eh? I found out about my secondary on the website. No snail mail or email received still.

UCSF sends out about 1400 secondaries, and interviews about 500. Since the class is 141, and there are some who turn down acceptances, you have a great chance of getting in if you make it to the interview, unlike some schools. (Uhem, Columbia, waste of my airfare.)

I found out via the UCSF website.

Originally posted by uffda
did your notice come email, snail mail or "saw it on the website" ?

uffda, as far as i know ucsf doesn't notify by e-mail or snail mail. it is up to you to see it on their website -- CRAZY!

Hey whatsupdoc... when was your app complete to UCSF? Mine the 8/14 and still no word :(

Hey my verified AMCAS was received around the 10th of September, and my UC application was received around the 15th of September.

that's a bad thing.... thanks for the info though!