UCSF Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kazzar

Psychiatrist
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think the UCSF Secondaries got sent out today. I got mine after getting home from this long, long day. I live in Southern California, so I most likely got mine before those in the East Coast will get theirs. Although, with the airport lockup, I doubt anybody will get any air-mail for several weeks (or maybe just a few days).

I would say "God Bless," but instead I say, love and peace. Let's do our part as Americans, as human beings, in helping those in need. Let love reign o'er all.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in Berkeley..got mine today too.

What does the UCSF secondary entail?

Members don't see this ad :)
unless you claim disadvantaged status, want a fee waiver, apply to berkeley/sf MS/MD, or MSTP all you have to do is sign your name and a $40 check, no essays/questions.

Thanks for the response! Sorry to be pesky, but... what additional info do they want if you're claiming disadvantaged status?

If you want to file as disadvantaged/AMACS fee-waiver, they ask for your type of community, housing/residence, education of houshold members, parents marital status, language spoken, employment of household members, and personal employment and financial history.

They also ask for 2 essays:

"1. List the educational (not financial) resources available in your home and community prior to entering college. Please explain how you used them."

"2. Document previous social/educational/economic barriers. Please underline any additional factors which have not been described previously or adequately in the questionnaire. If these facotrs (social, environmental, economic or educational) influenced your future goals and plans, please explain."

Hope this helps.

Just a quick tip -- unless they have changed the secondary from last year, it is probably to your advantage to send in additional information (2-page max). Look at the last couple of paragraphs in the letter sent to you - it should mention that you can provide additional information with your seconday (and what kind of info is most useful to them, such as research, etc). If nothing else, it will show your interest in the school (given that you added a little extra effort to your app). Hope this is helpful. Good luck!