Ucsf-ucb Jmp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anystream

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
easier or more difficult to get into? any insight?

Members don't see this ad.

anystream said:

It's more for non-traditional applicants, I think. All of the people I know of who have gone through that were out of school for quite some time before deciding to apply for medical school.

anystream said:

Yeah. I had this same curiosity. I asked a few people about this recently some which are on the jmp committee and the students I've met have been pretty out there intellectually. THey were extremely well rounded and seemed like they were on their way to becoming top notch profs or something of that sort. You take grad classes at cal, which are no joke. I take it that it is harder to get into the jmp in that they require more than the regular program in terms of intellectual well roundedness (if i may) and there is only 12 slots.

Faust said:
Yeah. I had this same curiosity. I asked a few people about this recently some which are on the jmp committee and the students I've met have been pretty out there intellectually. THey were extremely well rounded and seemed like they were on their way to becoming top notch profs or something of that sort. You take grad classes at cal, which are no joke. I take it that it is harder to get into the jmp in that they require more than the regular program in terms of intellectual well roundedness (if i may) and there is only 12 slots.

I'd like to add that the majority of JMP students go into primary care--maybe its their social conscience.