UCSF, UCLA..anyone still waiting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

koreangrL

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed with ucla and ucsf early january, and still no response. Anybody in the same boat? Do you know about when one should start losing hope? I did call ucsf and they said, that we should be hearing around march, since they still have interviews being conducted...does this mean that my application is on hold or on a wait list? any feedback would be great, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

hey koreangrl

I wouldn't lose hope yet, if you haven't received a rejection, then you're still game. UCLA's notoriously slow on a lot of things. I have a feeling they are waiting for responses from the people they've already accepted (87 offers, but only 44 have put in deposits) before they start accepting a new batch of applicants..in my opinion.

Also, I have an interview at ucla next tuesday. I'm wondering what your thoughts of your interview, and if there are any tips, suggestions, comments you can offer. Thanks

Hi! I am still waiting for UCSF to respond! i was interviewed Jan. 11 and I also have a friend who was interviewed Jan. 13 and she is also waiting! so I think that we won't receive a response from them until march.

Members don't see this ad :)
koreangrl,
one of my friends interviewed with ucla in the end of january and she heard from them already. she interviewed with ucsf last week and i am sure she will get in.
i think she heard from ucla because of her high stats. so you should hear from ucla soon if your stat is high. if not, you should hear from them by march. both ucla and ucsf will let you know you are accepted/waitlisted/rejected by end of march. so don't panic...just remember that uc schools are really slow. ucsf took about two months to let me know (interviewed late November and got in mid January). good luck!

hey guys,
thanks for all the info. Well, my stats are average for uc applicants...academic 23/sci 23/pat 20, gpa: 3.68. so i guess i'll just have to wait it out until march to hear from them~

Try to be patient...they're REALLY slow. I interviewed end of November and only recently received an acceptance. So that's like almost three months...but my stats aren't nearly as nice as yours koreangrl, and I'm not likely to choose UCSF. Good luck! :)