1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

UCSF vs. Harvard-MIT HST

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by newbieMS1, Apr 6, 2004.

1. newbieMS1

newbieMS1 New Member

Hey. I was wondering if there is anyone that is deciding between UCSF and the Harvard-MIT Health Science Technology MD Program? I am from the Bay Area in CA and definitely want to return for residency and to practice, but I am game to explore more places (I spent my whole life in the Bay Area and I am now finishing my undergrad at Duke in NC). I was just wondering if anyone has any good advice on this, as I keep going back and forth between the two programs.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Habari

Habari Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

they are so different that this isn't a usual 'duke vs penn' sort of thread. hst is intense and engineering/research heavy whereas ucsf is much more laid back. financially they would be roughly equal because of the various grants/ta-ships/research$ that hst gives out. i would have chosen ucsf, even though i have a strong enough quantitive background and am heading into research/med - i didn't like the structure/curriculum/separation of the hst program - though it is perfect for some people. completely depends on which direction you see yourself heading in - no one can answer that but you.