1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

UCSF

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ricegirl, Oct 23, 2001.

1. ricegirl

ricegirl Senior Member

Hurray! I got my secondary in the mail today from UCSF. :) They must really want to get to know you -- and they'll find out with those additional 12 questions!

On the first page, it says to complete the enclosed UCSF application - 2 copies. well... I only have 1 copy, so am I just missing a copy or are you supposed to make a copy for them?

Thanks!
    ricegirl

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. waiting

waiting Senior Member

ricegirl,

I just filled out one copy and they were cool w/that. I didn't even notice that '2 copies' text. I also asked them if it'd be ok to just print out my own answers to those questions using Word rather than use the blue sheets...they're fine w/that as long as you reproduce the questions above each of your answers. I got an interview so i think that approach works.....

good luck w/the app!

4. ricegirl

ricegirl Senior Member

waiting,

thanks for the info, esp about the essay questions. I was trying to think of some way of tying in all the questions into one beautiful story of my life - thank goodness that's not necessary!

good luck on your interview - you'll have to keep the board updated with how it goes. :)

ricegirl

5. ricegirl

ricegirl Senior Member

Hi,

I'm working on the secondary, and I basically addressed all of these questions in my personal statement. Did anyone have the same problem? if so, did you just paraphase what you said in your ps?

Also, there are only 4 blue pages which came with the application - is this the page length limit?

thanks for the advice.
    ricegirl

6. snowman

snowman Member

ricegirl

good for you finished the sf secondary, it took me looong time to finish it. :)

i just got one copy, and they have no prob w/ that. most of the questions already been answerred in aads applic, so i will stay w/ 4 pages limit. in fact, i only used three and half.

good luck w/ your applic!

ps: which school did you go for undergrad?

7. ricegirl

ricegirl Senior Member

snowman,

hi, i just read your post about Umich -- glad you liked it so much! ann arbor sounds like a great town. :)

Hopefully I'll send the finishing touches out for the UCSF and UWash secondaries this week. keep your fingers crossed! :)

To answer your question, I am a senior at... you guessed it, Rice. :)

keep posting! i like hearing from you all.

:)
    ricegirl

8. snowman

snowman Member

ricegirl

i should thought about it from your name. :) the reason i am asking b/c i met a girl in MU, she also from TX and got interview from TX schools.

i thought she was you :rolleyes: i'd like to meet someone from this board. regarding the ann arbor, it is true that i never like a place so much, and it should be a great place to spend four years! just the cost is 20k higher vs cali schools.

anyway, interview is a very good time for me to visit different places, to meet intresting people, and to make new friends... i got what i want in ann arbor.

have fun w/ your interview, good luck for your class!

best regards

snowman

9. ricegirl

ricegirl Senior Member

snowman --

first, congrats on becoming a senior member! :D ;) :D

I think it would be cool to meet someone from the board as well. Actually, I was emailed several weeks ago by a reader, but not a poster, who was at the Baylor interview. :cool:

the interview season is still on going, hopefully we'll get to meet some fellow SDNers! :D

ricegirl

10. skim2

skim2 Member

Hey Ricegirl...
    WHen they said 2 copies, they meant there are 2 sheets of papers in the first section.
    I caught that word "2 copies" and thought about it. And I believe that's what they meant.
    bye

11. waiting

waiting Senior Member

is anyone else going to be at UCSF 11/2nd? Also, does anyone know anything about the written questions UCSF asks and has you respond to???? I'm really curious about this, have no idea what to expect!!

12. ricegirl

ricegirl Senior Member

skim2,

are you talking about the 1st page (filling out mostly personal info and on the back your classes) and the 2nd page about your family background?

thanks
    ricegirl

13. skim2

skim2 Member

Dear ricegirl

yes... THere are two parts in 2ndary.
    1-personal info and family info (2 pages=2 copies)
    2-Questions.

okay then..
    GOOD LUCK....

sang

14. ricegirl

ricegirl Senior Member

howdy guys,

i did the deed and off it went into the hands of usps. thanks everyone for all the input! :) you guys rock! :D

15. tinker bell

tinker bell 1K Member

you guys really rock! having ucsf interview prove that you guys did outstanding work.
    I'm not applying this year. However, I work at ucsf. So, I'll be there anytime of the year. Hopefully to meet some of you...
    Just let me know( with your return e-mail address). I work in the Medical Sciences building... 2 floors above dental admissions office....What building does your interview take place?
    Good luck with your interview
    tink