Ucsf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

okay

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have out-of-state students received secondaries from UCSF yet? I turned in my primary at the end of July and I am just wondering if UCSF has sent out secondary invites to out-of-staters. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I turned my primary in mid-August and I have not received a secondary yet. I am oos too.

i'm oos and got my ucsf secondary a little over two months from when they received my primary...so don't give up hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
actually I lied...my primary was not verified until early sept.

ucsf takes their time for everything

i got an "amcas receipt" email on aug 9th from them...and then i havent heard anything since then. are they ever gonna get back to us oos ppl? two other ucs got back to me with secondaries in the span of like two weeks...

Have any OOS people gotten interviews?

I am OOS and I received an interview at UCSF (and I was incredibly happy to get it). Not sure if there is a separate pile for OOS or if they are all mixed in after you get the secondary.

Congratulations on the interview invitation, Ebuff!!

If you don't mind, could you post the following:
  • Secondary Complete Date
  • Interview Invitation Date
  • Interview Date
  • GPA
  • MCAT Score (broken down by section will be most helpful)

Many, many thanks in advance for posting the above information!!!

For anyone else that has also received an interview invitation, could you post the same information as well?

***I know that there's an interview invite thread, but no one (as of this post) has included any interview invitation information for UCSF on it***

I don't recall exact dates, but here is the general info:

Secondary received and completed (It was high on the priority list) around August 10th
My file was complete with letters, which UCSF only takes through snail mail, on Sept. 9
Interview was offered a couple weeks ago-around Sep. 15-18
Interview is sceduled for late October.

GPA: 3.9
MCAT: VR-12, PS-13, BS-12, W-P
ECs: 3+years basic biomedical research with a couple abstracts and a pub (hopefully more before matriculation), department honors, lots of clinical rounds and shadowing, overseas medicine, community service-tutor for underpriviledged children, and some other random stuff, other academic groups, honors in accordance with most other pre-meds