May 16, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi all
so for this summer I was accepted to UPenn's UCSP, Undergraduate Clinical Scholars, and USSP, Undergraduate Student Scholars-- both seem to be centered around the same curriculum, doctor shadowing/talks/research presentation so I'm conflicted which to pick. If anyone has any insight on these or has done them/knows which one would be more respected for med school apps it would be much appreciated!!

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 2, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Did you hear back already from applying to UCSP recently or defer your acceptances from last summer? I know UCSP was just due on january 8th, not sure about USSP

Jan 11, 2021
Both are about equally respected since their host organization/application process is so similar. I'd say USSP is more GI/clinical research focused, whereas UCSP is more nephrology/liver and clinical/public health research focused. If you can, consider reviewing the research your mentor(s) are doing to see whose work you're more interested in. Congrats on the acceptances and good luck!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads