Feb 11, 2010
Status
Hi, everyone. I am trying to make up my mind on UDM vs CASE? Could anyone please help me? They have similar tuition+fee, location, clinics, class size, city. UDM is traditional lecture and take board at end of D2, and CASE is PBL and take board at middle of D2.

I think most important factor for me is "comfortable education environment", which includes nice faculty, test what is taught, not too much overlearn, overall relax environment, etc. On these points, is there a big difference UDM vs CASE?

Which one would you choose? Why?

Thank you so much for helping me!

Also, these are some UDM description from PreDent forum. would anyone please comment whether these comments are true or false? thanks!

1. On the other hand, the Biochem and Physiology courses are very unorganized and inefficient and most students often struggle and complain. Some years, upwards to 15-20 students (~20%-25%) fail at least one of those two courses (several fail both!).

2. It seems like the biochem and physiology professors simply show up and collect a paycheck with little or no thought to improving their courses.

3. Attendance Policy - Lectures are required.

4. One specific example that used to drive me crazy ... our pharmacology professor would often tell us that we need to make tables ...

5. Exams are guessing games.

Thank you very much!

reapply2007

10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2006
Status
Dental Student
If you were just accepted to either of these schools then choose one. Either is fine. Flip a coin if necessary. Alternatively, use the SDN search function or call the admissions office and ask them if the internet rumors are true.

If you are deciding which schools to apply to in the next cycle then apply to both. Getting an interview is not a guarantee at either of these schools.

dl9006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Hi, everyone. I am trying to make up my mind on UDM vs CASE? Could anyone please help me? They have similar tuition+fee, location, clinics, class size, city. UDM is traditional lecture and take board at end of D2, and CASE is PBL and take board at middle of D2.

I think most important factor for me is "comfortable education environment", which includes nice faculty, test what is taught, not too much overlearn, overall relax environment, etc. On these points, is there a big difference UDM vs CASE?

Which one would you choose? Why?

Thank you so much for helping me!

Also, these are some UDM description from PreDent forum. would anyone please comment whether these comments are true or false? thanks!

1. On the other hand, the Biochem and Physiology courses are very unorganized and inefficient and most students often struggle and complain. Some years, upwards to 15-20 students (~20%-25%) fail at least one of those two courses (several fail both!).

2. It seems like the biochem and physiology professors simply show up and collect a paycheck with little or no thought to improving their courses.

3. Attendance Policy - Lectures are required.

4. One specific example that used to drive me crazy ... our pharmacology professor would often tell us that we need to make tables ...

5. Exams are guessing games.

Thank you very much!

did you just get this from UDMH8Ter ?

you know that guy is a phony and he was bashing UDM just so that he could get off the waitlist...

lol maybe go to Case to avoid taking class with someone like UDMH8TER

Feb 11, 2010
Status
Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I am applying for this year and I am comparing offers.

Yes, It's from UDM H8TR's posts. But are these facts true or false? I kind of believe his points for they are fact based.

So how would you choose if you were me?

Thank you all!