UDM vs. Temple (OOS w/ $20,000 scholarship over 4 years)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AirbusTooth

Reaction score
Hello!

I need some help deciding between Temple and UDM. UDM is fairly close to me, but Temple is cheaper (by about 50K over the 4 years). How big of a price difference should influence where I end up (also may be smaller price difference due to airfare etc). If price wasn't a concern, would you still pick Temple over Detroit Mercy, and why?

Thanks so much!!

Members don't see this ad.

Is the scholarship for 20K/yr or 20K over 4 years? If so, I think Temple would be significantly more cheaper than UDM over 4 years. Using the numbers I found on the site, UDM would be around 112-115K/yr (if living on your own) times 4 is about 450K. Temple is about 95K/yr (OOS), minus 20K/yr times 4 years is about 300K.

Thanks so much for responding! Sorry I should’ve made it more clear in the original post! It’s 20K over the 4 years (so 5k per year). Would you still choose Temple?

Hmm tough choice then! I would normally say Temple but you are also close to UDM and having a support system in dental school is pretty important. How would you feel going further from home for dental school? If you can handle that, I would say Temple based off cost.