UDM vs. UNLV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aliss4

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am from california, so I will be considered OOS for both. But I know for UNLV, after a year, you can become a resident of Nevada. Also I want to specialize if that matters. so?:D I appreciate any inputs including the 4-yr intuition and reputation of the schools.

Members don't see this ad.

I am from california, so I will be considered OOS for both. But I know for UNLV, after a year, you can become a resident of Nevada. Also I want to specialize if that matters. so?:D I appreciate any inputs including the 4-yr intuition and reputation of the schools.

both schools do well clinically. UNLV is the only dental school in the area so they see A LOT of people. i can speak from experience about UNLV because i actually was there for a few days at the dental school. the school prepares you very very well clinically. a lot of last year's graduates got good residency placements. HOWEVER, every student that i talked to at UNLV was pretty miserable. the curriculum (from what i was told) is slightly disorganized and is just brutal.

the school isn't too far from the strip either :)

regarding UDM, i know of a few people who go there and they say that the facilities are great, but a lot of the didactic aspects of the curriculum are lacking.

with that said, if you want to practice out in the west, i'd say UNLV.

I am DS2 originally from Michigan (although I don't go to UDM). My friend that attends UDM says great things about the school, overall I think it is the better school, but UNLV would be the better choice in this case. Cheaper tuition after 1st year is huge. Also like preDENT1210 said if you want to be practicing in California, UNLV would be the better choice.