UF c/o 2014... It Begins!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tungsten87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
General discussion regarding applying to UF for the 2009 application cycle. I will try to post any helpful links I come across in this first post. Good luck!

Application info:
http://www.cop.ufl.edu/studaff/applinfo.pdf

Curriculum:
http://www.cop.ufl.edu/studaff/curriculum.htm

Research opps for PharmD students:
http://www.cop.ufl.edu/millard/research%20opportunities/cop_research.htm

Tips from UF:
http://www.cop.ufl.edu/studaff/tipsheet.pdf

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
has anyone received confirmation from UF about pharmcas? my app was mailed 9/21 and nothing yet!

Last edited:
has anyone received confirmation from UF about pharmcas? my app was mailed 9/21 and nothing yet!
According to UF-COP's FAQ:

I submitted my application already. When will I know my file has been reviewed?
The admissions committee does not start reviewing applications until late December. If your file is complete and considered competitive, it will be placed in line to be reviewed. Please make sure you indicate the correct mailing address on your PharmCAS application. You will then receive either a letter inviting you for an interview, a letter letting you know your application is being deferred or a denial letter.

I don't know if that means that they don't even look at your application until December or that they just don't open it up and check it out. Either way, you should e-mail Marcy Davis ([email protected]) about it. She responds pretty quickly.

Members don't see this ad :)
awesome, thanks for that info. I guess I will continue to put off my secondary...

UF does not update their interview dates yet. But historically, first interview at Gainsville campus will be in January. So apply early for your best chance!!!! That was I did last summer!

What if you place St Pete first on the campus ranking form and G-ville second?

How does that work? I know they will put you wherever they have room, but if you apply early and they offer you an interview will it normally be at the first ranked campus? If you interview at a distance campus do you have to wait until March? I really don't care what campus I am at, but we have to rank them so I was just wondering.

What if you place St Pete first on the campus ranking form and G-ville second?

How does that work? I know they will put you wherever they have room, but if you apply early and they offer you an interview will it normally be at the first ranked campus? If you interview at a distance campus do you have to wait until March? I really don't care what campus I am at, but we have to rank them so I was just wondering.

Your choice of campus is very important. You will be interviewed at the campus that you rank #1 on your application if you are offered an interview. Last year after all interview done at 4 campuses waitlist applicants were interviewed again in Gainesville, and I think it will be the same. You do need to answer why you pick certain campus on your supp app. You might be quizzed again on interview day.

So do you think it matters how you rank the campuses? (As far as affecting your chances)

I was going to chose St Pete because it's closer to my family (very very sick grandparents)... but I'd be happy to go to any campus really.

So do you think it matters how you rank the campuses? (As far as affecting your chances)

I was going to chose St Pete because it's closer to my family (very very sick grandparents)... but I'd be happy to go to any campus really.

I really don't know how it's going to affect your chance. It has been a speculation. Some said you have more chance with Gainsville because of larger class size and early interview. Some said distant campus is better since you compete with a smaller pool of applicants first.
What I can recommend is since you are close to St. Pete, come by to meet us on open house day at the end of October and ask questions!

Thank you for reminding me! That sounds amazing... I am def. going to that. I'm so excited you made my day! I don't live close at all, but half of my family left south Florida, and they all live up there now so I have plenty of people I can stay with for free. I just need to save up some gas money. lol

I have a lot of questions that I want to check up on before I submit my application and register for spring courses, and I feel bad bothering them through email so much!

Just to be clear about interview schedule from last year. Applicants choose their #1 ranked campus. If offered interview slot, they will be interviewed once at the campus ranked #1. After that, they will receive an acceptance, waitlist or denial letter. If accepted, candidate can't change location unless extenuating circumstance approved by the Dean. If they are on the waitlist, they are invited to 2nd interview at main campus in Gainesville.
Hope that helps everyone on selecting their campus.

That makes sense... thank you. St Pete has the earliest open house, so that's perfect for me to get more info. The sooner I get my questions squared away, the sooner I can submit pharmcas. lol

so my proctor for the october pcat was the uf college of pharmacy advisor and she told me that out of the 200 something applicants so far, only 6 of them were competitive and mostly out of state.

Members don't see this ad :)
elai,

I don't know how much I believe that statement. I have a 3.89 and a 90 PCAT and I am in state, and have applied to UF already. I know that there must be other people like me that have applied already. 6 is a pretty low number, especially out of 200!

lalalayla, I second your opinion for two reasons. 1) I know of several people with great GPAs and PCAT scores that have applied. 2) I actually called to see when our applications would be reviewed/ when we could expect a conformation that they have everything/ when we could expect interviews, and I was told that around November/ December they would send out the emails letting us know if our applications were complete or not, and only then would they start looking at our applications.

I'm not saying that the previous poster is wrong-- they were only posting what they were told. I'm just saying that if we haven't received emails confirming that our applications are complete, according to UF adcom, they haven't started reviewing them yet. I think it's possible that the specific proctor may have only seen or heard of 6 amazing applications that have been submitted, but that could very well be because they haven't really started looking through all of the applications.

Sorry for the length of this, but when I first read that post, I was thinking great. I don't have the greatest GPA (competitive for UF but on the low end), and although I did relatively well on the PCAT, there is no way that out of all the people that have submitted by now that my application would be one of the 6 competitive. But then I realized that it is very early in the application cycle and freaking myself out won't help anything now.

Is anyone going to the open house? I'm waiting to submit my app until I talk to the counselors in person. I am going to the one at the St Pete campus though.

yeah she told me they wouldn't start reviewing applications until there were more applications coming in so that's why they're still waiting.. and i guess what the proctor meant by competitive was extraordinary...

I've submitted everything in by the beg. of October and i called the lady last week or two weeks ago and she told me my application is complete. I'm not sure when they start reviewing applications and when interviews start..does anyone know?

This is still very early in the cycle. You will probably hear back from UF in mid Dec to early Jan. Please be patient, as it could be longer. UF will look at all applications seriously. Historically if you are offered an interview at UF, your chance of acceptance is high compared to other school. Just take a look at #interview and # acceptance info on Pharmcas.
Having said that, good luck to everyone who apply.

This is still very early in the cycle. You will probably hear back from UF in mid Dec to early Jan. Please be patient, as it could be longer. UF will look at all applications seriously. Historically if you are offered an interview at UF, your chance of acceptance is high compared to other school. Just take a look at #interview and # acceptance info on Pharmcas.
Having said that, good luck to everyone who apply.

I think I'll cry if I get accepted... and I don't cry. lol

the uf thread this cycle sucks compared to the previous cycle... what's going on? less people applying to UF?

I think it may be more that we started it so early. When I was looking it last years, it seemed that it started after the first wave of interview invites. Has anyone received an e-mail or anything saying that their application is complete? I know it's still early, I just want to make sure we're all on the same page.

I know I'm very disappointed there aren't more people on here with respect to the other school threads. I think it might be because UF isn't a rolling admissions school, and they have a later deadline, so some people are still working on their applications. Mine is basically done, but I have a few things I need to take care of before I submit. I want to wait until after I go to the open house this coming Tuesday.

I think it may be more that we started it so early. When I was looking it last years, it seemed that it started after the first wave of interview invites. Has anyone received an e-mail or anything saying that their application is complete? I know it's still early, I just want to make sure we're all on the same page.

there is no email..but i got a thing in the mail saying that my pharmcas and their online supplemental is complete and that I just need to send in the fee.

As for completing the whole application, they never told me. I had to call them and ask..

This is the Open House Flyer at St Pete Campus. Everyone is welcome!

Attachments

• 2009 STP Open House Flyer.pdf
    99.1 KB · Views: 287
Has anyone on here submitted their supplemental application yet?
On one of my responses, I cannot stay under the 150 word limit. Will it still let you submit it if over 150 words?

I heard UF will not start looking at apps until December. DOes anyone know if this is true??

I tried to submit my supplemental application, but I kept getting an error message...could it be because one of my essays is over 150 words?? I don't want to change it, but I had to run to work before I could figure it out! I really hope I get in here *fingers crossed*

I tried to submit my supplemental application, but I kept getting an error message...could it be because one of my essays is over 150 words?? I don't want to change it, but I had to run to work before I could figure it out! I really hope I get in here *fingers crossed*

I kept getting discouraged filling out the UF Undergrad app because the system was down EVERY time I tried it! I finally got to fill it out Sa\turday. Just keep trying!

UF posted the 2010 interview dates for the Gainesville campus today. The first one will be Jan 29. I hope that means they will be sending out interview invites soon. I've had my application in since July and am so ready to know something!

Last edited:
First UF interview is January 29. I submitted my PharmCAS in October and Supplement in mid-November. I'm REALLY hoping to get into this interview slot since UF is my first choice and the next interview spot is not until March 3! I haven't gotten a lot of feedback from UF regarding my application status...I had to email to make sure they had received everything and I was told yes, and they would start reviewing applications in early December...

On another note...
I Had an interview at LECOM Bradenton today, which I think went well...Should find out my status in a couple of weeks but they require $500 depost to reserve your spot.

Nova interview coming up later this month....has anyone been yet? How was it??

wow two weeks since a post here. I hope this isnt an indicator that no one is applying to UF (but i kind of hope for that too) lol.

EquateThis, I think it may just be that we have nothing to post right now. Until they start sending out interview invites, all we can do is wait.

The wait is killing me. I have already had interviews/invites to every other school I applied to, and UF was the first app I completed.

We have finals this week and professors are busy with grading and posting grade. I don't think u will hear from uf probably till christmas.

got an interview invitation for jan 29th! so excited!

got an interview invitation for jan 29th! so excited!

Congratz! How did you find out? Did they call? Email? haha sorry I'm crazy excited for you lol! :thumbup:

thats awesome! what campus? do you mind posting your stats?

I got an invite via email too! I'm pretty pumped

Bro I see why you got that invite...your a beast...you have awesome stats!!!

Last edited:
I turned my application and my supplemental in the first week of August.

Yeah, I'm interviewing at the Gainesville campus too

Last edited:
I ranked St Pete 1st and Gainesville 2nd, and from what I read it seems like only Gainesville is holding interviews in January? PharmCAS isn't finished calculating my GPA though so UF hasn't recieved my application yet :( I actually don't really have a strong preference for any campus, but they ask for a ranking and specific reasons and I actually have reasons to go to St Pete because I have sick grandparents and family close by. That is bascially why I had to put that 1st. UF seems really competitive though so who knows what's going to happen.

Congrats on the invites guys, I'm sure you guys will do great!!!! I turned in my PharmCAS on October 9 and my supplemental in mid-November...so I am hoping to hear about an interview before everyone goes on vacation for the holidays!