UF c/o of 2019 pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can someone comment on the safety at UF and the surrounding area, as well as bug/insect concerns (I heard there's fire ants in Florida?)? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

[deleted]

Last edited:
Hey guys! Just interviewed January 16th with UF. Anyone else interview that day and hear from them? I know it's still early, but I'm nervous. Not sure if the interviewers liked me. Btw here's my stats. GPA 3.9 and PCAT 85th composite. Will have a bachelors in biology this summer. Also a officer in a pre-pharmacy club and shadowed a retail pharmacist.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! Just interviewed January 16th with UF. Anyone else interview that day and hear from them? I know it's still early, but I'm nervous. Not sure if the interviewers liked me. Btw here's my stats. GPA 3.9 and PCAT 85th composite. Will have a bachelors in biology this summer. Also a officer in a pre-pharmacy club and shadowed a retail pharmacist.
I just got my conditional acceptance via email and I interviewed on January 16th as well! Hopefully you'll hear back soon, good luck! :)

I just got my conditional acceptance via email and I interviewed on January 16th as well! Hopefully you'll hear back soon, good luck! :)

I got my conditional acceptance today too! And for the Orlando campus, which was my top choice. What campus are you attending? Also what's your stats if you don't mind?

I got my conditional acceptance today too! And for the Orlando campus, which was my top choice. What campus are you attending? Also what's your stats if you don't mind?
Congrats!!! I'm attending the Jacksonville campus. 3.75 science gpa, 90 pcat, pharmacy tech for 3 years, bachelor's in biochem and I'm currently getting my master's in chemistry.

I interviewed on the 16th too but I have not heard back yet. Did they send an email or a letter in the mail for the conditional acceptance? Stats: 3.6 GPA, 99 Percentile PCAT, some Pharmacy related experience

I interviewed on the 16th too but I have not heard back yet. Did they send an email or a letter in the mail for the conditional acceptance? Stats: 3.6 GPA, 99 Percentile PCAT, some Pharmacy related experience
It was an email. It's still early. I'm sure you will get in. Is UF your top choice?

Congrats!!! I'm attending the Jacksonville campus. 3.75 science gpa, 90 pcat, pharmacy tech for 3 years, bachelor's in biochem and I'm currently getting my master's in chemistry.
I remember you! There was only one person that mentioned they were getting a master's in chem so it must have been you. Congrats again! We did it.

Also I know this is a long shot, but I will throw it out there. If anybody going to the Orlando campus is looking for a roommate perhaps we can exchange contact info and see if we are compatible enough to share living space. I'd really like to room with a fellow classmate over a random.

Does UF send out letters of denial as they go or do applicant have to wait until the interview/acceptance process is over?

Anyone heard from UF for interviews yet? They are the only one that I am waiting to hear back from. Do u know if they send them in large batches or something?

Members don't see this ad :)
Only thing i've heard is that my application on file is complete

I interviewed on January 16th and haven't heard back yet...

Has anyone who interviewed last week heard back yet? Also, those who have heard back (in general), how did they handle your ranking? Did you get your first pick?

This is the last school I am waiting to hear from(and from the looks of it, no one has gotten an interview invite since last time I asked). What are they doing?

This is the last school I am waiting to hear from(and from the looks of it, no one has gotten an interview invite since last time I asked). What are they doing?

someone at my nova interview said they put a hold on interview invites sometime but i forgot the reason

Has anyone who interviewed last week heard back yet? Also, those who have heard back (in general), how did they handle your ranking? Did you get your first pick?
I got my second choice (Jacksonville). My first choice was Gainesville. Interviewed on January 16th and heard back within the following week.

I got my second choice (Jacksonville). My first choice was Gainesville. Interviewed on January 16th and heard back within the following week.

Thank you! I interviewed the 6th and am dying to hear back.

Thank you! I interviewed the 6th and am dying to hear back.

I interviewed the 6th as well and I know some people from that interview date have already heard back last Friday. My application was incomplete before I interviewed so my decision will take a little longer. Was your application complete when you interviewed and did you receive any kind of email from them?

I interviewed the 6th as well and I know some people from that interview date have already heard back last Friday. My application was incomplete before I interviewed so my decision will take a little longer. Was your application complete when you interviewed and did you receive any kind of email from them?

I submitted my supplemental an hour after the interview ended.

I didn't receive any unsolicited (as in any email I got from them was a reply to mine) emails from them, but I did ask them if they received my supplemental and they replied on Thursday that my application was complete and under review. When did you finish your application and did you hear from them?

I submitted my supplemental an hour after the interview ended.

I didn't receive any unsolicited (as in any email I got from them was a reply to mine) emails from them, but I did ask them if they received my supplemental and they replied on Thursday that my application was complete and under review. When did you finish your application and did you hear from them?

I submitted my supplemental application that Sunday. I emailed them to make sure they received all of my application materials and they replied but they have not sent me an official email saying my application is complete and under review. I have not heard back from them yet. Hopefully we will hear back this week since the next interview date is this Friday!

I submitted my supplemental application that Sunday. I emailed them to make sure they received all of my application materials and they replied but they have not sent me an official email saying my application is complete and under review. I have not heard back from them yet. Hopefully we will hear back this week since the next interview date is this Friday!

I hope so too! I've been compulsively checking my email for the last week!

Thank you! My first choice is Gainesville. I want to know already! :eek:

What is UF doing? I haven' heard of anyone getting interview invites in a while now.

I am hoping to get into the Jacksonville campus also, I interview March 20th. Anybody else interviewing that day?

If they've already sent out invites for the March 20th interview date and I haven't received an invite, should I go ahead and assume now that I'm officially denied?

Did anyone on here interview on 2/20 (last Friday)? I heard they get back to you really quickly. I also haven't heard of anyone interviewed and then wait listed/rejected. Only accepted.

I got my acceptance letter last week! Gainesville was my first choice but I got into Jacksonville

When did you interview? How long did it take for them to contact you?
I interviewed January 16 and got my acceptance on February 19. There were some issues with my application and I somehow had 2 PharmCAS numbers so that's why it took so long for me.

I interviewed January 16 and got my acceptance on February 19. There were some issues with my application and I somehow had 2 PharmCAS numbers so that's why it took so long for me.

Aw but congratulations! :) was Jax your second or last choice?

Aw but congratulations! :) was Jax your second or last choice?
I'm not dabybaby, but just in case you're asking to see how rankings come in to play, Jax was actually my last choice. That being said, I'm over it, and I'm getting pretty excited about Fall!

I'm not dabybaby, but just in case you're asking to see how rankings come in to play, Jax was actually my last choice. That being said, I'm over it, and I'm getting pretty excited about Fall!

Damn no way. I didn't think they would ever give last choices unless absolutely mandatory.

Hey I also interviewed Friday 2.20. I haven't heard back yet, has anyone that interviewed that day heard back yet? I'm anxiously waiting!! o_O

Hey I also interviewed Friday 2.20. I haven't heard back yet, has anyone that interviewed that day heard back yet? I'm anxiously waiting!! o_O
Do you mind sharing your stats? GPA/PCAT/experience? Hopefully you'll hear from them soon!

Do you mind sharing your stats? GPA/PCAT/experience? Hopefully you'll hear from them soon!
Hey sure, 3.10 science and cumulative GPA, 84 PCAT, volunteer experience in a hospital and a few months as a tech (hired in November). I think the interview went really well, just checking my e-mail every few minutes waiting, I want to know already. I also interviewed for NOVA but UF is where I want to be.

Hi! I interviewed that day as well. I haven't heard yet either :( glad Im on the same page as you. I've asked around some friends that interviewed in the Fall and they all said it usually takes a week or less than a week if your supplementals were done prior to the interview. Please let me know when you hear!!!!

Hi! I interviewed that day as well. I haven't heard yet either :( glad Im on the same page as you. I've asked around some friends that interviewed in the Fall and they all said it usually takes a week or less than a week if your supplementals were done prior to the interview. Please let me know when you hear!!!!
Will do, please do the same! Still waiting :/

Will do, please do the same! Still waiting :/

I thought they would for sure get back to us today since its been a week. Was your application complete (secondary app was done too)? If so, they should have already reviewed it by now. Also, are you an UF undergrad? Im not.

But Im worried because their spring break starts this weekend so I don't even know if they're gonna be contacting us next week. :/

I thought they would e-mail us today too. My application is complete, supplemental and everything was done a while before they e-mailed me for an interview. I'm not a uf student, from FIU. Guess they taking a while.

I thought they would for sure get back to us today since its been a week. Was your application complete (secondary app was done too)? If so, they should have already reviewed it by now. Also, are you an UF undergrad? Im not.

But Im worried because their spring break starts this weekend so I don't even know if they're gonna be contacting us next week. :/
Was your application complete too? I think im gonna e-mail Mary Beth.

Was your application complete too? I think im gonna e-mail Mary Beth.

Yes! Everything was complete long before they contacted me for an interview. That's why I was almost certain they would let us know yesterday. Are you going to contact her? Let me know what she says please! So nervous.