UF Hold of doom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jenny17

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else stuck on UF's hold list, or even better has anyone been accepted off the hold this for this upcoming 2007 class yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Lots of students get taken off the hold list each year. I dont think that many have been taken off yet (if any). Some movement will occur next week (bc interviews end this Fri) and most movement will occur end of April, beginning of May. Good Luck

I'm definately on the hold list..but I don't think I'm gonna wait around to find out if I make it off...good luck to those waiting :)

Members don't see this ad :)
The last interview day is this friday.
there should be movement starting next week

Edit. Someone said that already, my bad.

Good Luck:luck: :luck:
Future Classmates

That's good. I like movement. :smuggrin:

Letters are coming from UF. I got my alternate list notification today. I hate the person who thought it was a good idea to say "UF COM is pleased to inform you that you have been offered a spot on the alternate list for the 2011 class." The beginning of that sentence is far too exciting. :eek:

What the differences between a hold list, waiting list, and an alternative list?

glad to hear they're making decisions on the hold list. ::crossing fingers::

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i think the alternate list is synonymous for the waitlist at UF. the hold list is a category they put most interviewed applicants in if they don't want to accept you right away. they don't believe in making an ongoing waitlist because they want to review all interviewed applicants first. after interviews are done, they re-evaluate everyone against everyone else and determine if candidates on the hold list are accepted, rejected, or waitlisted.

glad to hear they're making decisions on the hold list. ::crossing fingers::

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i think the alternate list is synonymous for the waitlist at UF. the hold list is a category they put most interviewed applicants in if they don't want to accept you right away. they don't believe in making an ongoing waitlist because they want to review all interviewed applicants first. after interviews are done, they re-evaluate everyone against everyone else and determine if candidates on the hold list are accepted, rejected, or waitlisted.

I got the same idea as far as hold/waitlist/alternate list thing goes. Does anyone even get rejected off the hold list or does everyone who doesn't get accepted off the hold list go straight to alternate?

From one of the sheets in our interview packet...

"Once the class has been filled following the end of the interview season, another review will begin of all our applicants who are still waiting for a decision. At this time we will offer some applicants a place on our Alternate list...The size of the alternate list is not pre-determined; all strong applicants will be offered a place. The alternate list is not ranked."

Sounds like they might reject some but most "strong" applicants will be put on the alternate list. Hope that helps

Also, a kind of ridiculous question: Does anyone know if acceptances come by priority or regular mail and if they come in a big or small envelope? Thanks!

Regular mail, big (but thin) envelope.

I have a friend who got rejected after HOLD just this week, so it is a possibility . :-/ So not everyone is offered a spot on the waitlist. Just keep updating UF COM w/ new things you do, they said tha'ts how they determine ppl getting off the waitlist. Don't despair, many ppl get taken off come May 15 :) GOod luck!

My other choice is FSU who starts late May so getting told May 15th or after puts me in an iffy area, but I guess we'll see. UF has now asked for it. They are going to get so many updates they'll which they accepted me before (that is such a crappy threat) :idea: Sorry to hear about your friend who was rejected, I guess I should be greatful for at least an alternate spot.

Also does anyone else think it's BS when a school says their list is not "ranked?" You can't tell me that every time a spot opens in the class that they go over every person on the alternate list? Ever feel like they definitely have some kind of ranking system, they just don't want to tell you?

My other choice is FSU who starts late May so getting told May 15th or after puts me in an iffy area, but I guess we'll see. UF has now asked for it. They are going to get so many updates they'll which they accepted me before (that is such a crappy threat) :idea: Sorry to hear about your friend who was rejected, I guess I should be greatful for at least an alternate spot.

My improv friend, you must have been tired when you wrote this because there are some crazy errors (like spelling and wrong words). :) Anyway, if you're set on going to UF, take a chance with them and see what happens. You just have to make a personal decision of whether the risk of not getting in anywhere is worth the potential benefit of going to UF and staying in G'ville.

But remember, you can always go to FSU with me, your favorite pre-med ally... we can discuss the functional morphology of the chin or mating strategies ALL THE TIME! I know you'd just LOVE that! :lol:

Wow fast reply. Thanks and Congrats! and best of luck to everyone else waiting. I'm all the way over in CA so it will probably take 1348713498713 years for the letter to get here.

Been on hold since my interview in September and just received a rejection letter today....BURN!!

Been on hold since my interview in September and just received a rejection letter today....BURN!!

Well I havent recieved any status since being put in the "hold" of doom category, but I'm giving up on schools with no ranked waitlists. When should we know if we are officially waitlisted or if we are rejected? I'm still on "hold":confused:

Seems like they made most (if not all) decisions this past Monday when they met. You should be getting an accept/waitlist/rejection decision as soon as the letter gets to you. They might not have done everyone this week, so I imagine in 2-3 weeks time they would have finished and told all of us something. The waiting is awful but I think we're coming to the home stretch (or just continuing with a waitlist, but at least it's something!).