UF hold

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrM

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if UF has accepted anybody previously (this year) placed on 'hold' yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Word of advice. If you got placed on hold by UF (or UMiami for that matter), you will be waiting a long time for a definitive answer from them. Last year, many people got placed on hold and didn't learn their fate until the interview season was over (some time in May or even later). So, just sit tight. The worst thing about this entire process is the WAITING!!!!! :(

The only people UF has accepted so far are people that were not placed on hold, in other words, people who were accepted right away. People on hold will not hear until Feb. at the earliest as to whether they will end up being accepted, waitlisted, or rejected. Hope it works out for you, good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Dr. M, I got put on hold at UF also. When did you interview? So is being on hold like a pre-waitlist or something? Thanks!!! :confused:

Hey sami335, I interviewed mid September. what about you?

I am actually not too sure about the hold category myself. Does anybody know if UF is officially waitlisting at this point or is everybody not accepted/rejected placed on hold?

UF does not construct its official waitlist until around Feb. , that I know for sure, but I'm only pretty sure that everyone is put on hold who is not immediately accepted.

Originally posted by SolidGold
UF does not construct its official waitlist until around Feb. , that I know for sure, but I'm only pretty sure that everyone is put on hold who is not immediately accepted.

Solid, is right. Everyone not accepted outright is placed on hold. No one is rejected this early on.

Thanks for the info guys! Dr. M, I interviewed November 22. Are you thinking about sending a letter of intent or anything? I was thinking about it, but I'm wondering if its like way too early for that. Oh well!! I guess for now we'll just have to wait and cross our fingers!!! :rolleyes: