General UFlorida vs UPitt for PerMed - Where should I attend undergrad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a current senior in high school admitted to UFlorida and UPitt for Fall 2020. I plan to study biology in a pre-med track.
Since these are both very close in the cost of attendance (I am out of state for both), I am having a hard time picking one from the other. Unfortunately due to Covid19, I could not personally visit either of the two campuses and now need to make a decision.
Which of these two, do you think would maximize my chances of getting into a medical school? Specifically which has better academics, more research and shadowing opportunities, better pre-med advising, internships, better grading practices, etc. Any input that can help me decide between these 2 colleges would be valuable and much appreciated.
Are you admitted under any guaranteed admission track? Where are you a state resident? Have you talked with any undergrads from both programs on the forums here? Does either school offer you virtual meetings to discuss your options?

College is what you make of it. Plenty of students have attended one or the other college as premeds and bombed out by not applying themselves with studying or realizing they weren't as prepared from high school as they thought. Plenty of students don't get into medical school even if they did really well in classes. In the end, the schools are picking you, not your school.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.