SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Ugh...Errors On My Rush Secondary

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by rxfudd, Aug 18, 2001.

1. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 13, 2001
    Chicago suburbs
    If it wasn't so damned long, I might have caught them. Do you guys think these are big errors or will they pass over them?

On one of my answers to the question "What is your greatest non-academic strength?", I have written "I even sought out professors and students who could better understood the theory so that I could fully appreciate..."

Within the same answer, I wrote "These are only two examples of what I feel is my greatest academic strength." The question was answering what my greatest non-academic strength is.

Am I screwed? It took me over 2 weeks to catch it and none of the 6 people who I had proof it for me caught it. Do you think adcoms will be forgiving (assuming they catch it themselves)?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. jdub

jdub Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 27, 2001
    Albany, NY
    hey,

i imageine that they are pretty forgiving, with the time constraints and all.

it probalby doesn't help, but i don't see why they would throw your app out because of a few errors.

i have found some errors on my essays too, que pena!

4. rxfudd

Feb 13, 2001
    Chicago suburbs
    I must have been on heavy drugs when I proofed this one (and I did proof it over and over again). I now see that I have spelled opportunity as "opporunity". I checked everything else and this seems to be it as far as my idiotic blunders.

Looks like I can pretty much forget about Rush.

Lesson: Check the HELL out of your secondaries - even when you feel like you have them memorized, check it one more time.

Too bad - I was really banking on Rush for an interview.

5. praying4MD

praying4MD 2K Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Don't assume it's all shot to hell yet rxfudd. They understand that with the million essays they expect you to write there will be *some* errors. You're probably not the only one, but you are one of the few who actually caught your mistakes. I'm curious though: I thought you did it in Acrobat Writer. Why didn't you just write the essays in Word, spellcheck, and copy and paste back in Writer?

In any case, don't worry too much about it. I doubt that such miniscule errors will really keep you from getting an interview.

6. rxfudd

Feb 13, 2001
    Chicago suburbs
    Because I'm a MORON!! I have no idea why I didn't do that - it should be obvious...right? Right.

I do hope you're correct though. At best, this will be an interesting experiment (great - everyone benefits from rxfudd's misfortunes): what will really happen if you send in a secondary with a couple of typos. Drinks are on me for everyone if I get an interview!

I'm actually feeling a bit better about it today. Something about night time that makes everything so dramatic...