1. As part of our nonprofit mission, SDN supports medical student publications, websites and blogs. Students with blogs are encouraged to apply for our publisher stipend. It's a small amount to help defray costs and encourage open discussion and exchange of ideas. Contact: [email protected]
  2. It’s Test Prep Week! Visit the Test Prep Forums to learn about test prep products and services, ask questions in test-related AMA threads, take advantage of exclusive SDN member discounts, and enter to win free stuff!
Whether you’re preparing for the USMLE, COMLEX, NBDE or APMLE, Test Prep Week Exhibitors can help you ace your boards!

Ugh midterms next week

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by Psycho Doctor, Oct 22, 2005.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Psycho Doctor

Psycho Doctor *** Angel 5+ Year Member

Jun 27, 2004
    I'm calling them midterms since it's the first major exam in one class, the second in another and we have midsemester evaluations too. How do you study for them? I know I'm not prepared. :scared: Not to sound like i'm overreacting but i am realy worried.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Iwy Em Hotep

Iwy Em Hotep The Welcomer 10+ Year Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Seattle
    Does your school provide you with old exams to study from?

4. Rendar5

Rendar5 10+ Year Member

Nov 12, 2003
    Florida
    You read ur syllabus, and read ur books. and don't stop until u understand all the material and know all the terms u encounter in the course, lol.

5. Rendar5

Rendar5 10+ Year Member

Nov 12, 2003
    Florida
    oh yeah, and surf the net to take a look at sample tests from other med schools in ur subject. You'll prolly encounter stuff u didn't learn before, but it'll also give u a different idea of stuff that can be stressed. Just don't study other tests as if that's how ur test is gonna be.

6. DrYo12

DrYo12 Y-bomb 5+ Year Member

it depends if your school tests in a manner similar to the shelf exams. If so, the study aids at any Barnes & Noble or other major chain bookstore will work. If you get the USMLE study guides, those work pretty well too. I like the BRS in Gross Anatomy and Lippencotts for Biochem.

:luck: