Ugh. Why can't all schools just use AADSAS to update our application status.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

avangusva

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Annoying and frustrating if I do say so myself. :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

I can't agree with you more. Speaking to a friend of mine who just graduated from dental school this year, he told me that when he was applying schools never updated statues on AADSAS either. Things just don't ever seem to change huh.

Supplemental materials should be integrated with AADSAS. It would be easier for the schools and the applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
Everything should just be integrated into AADSAS. Supplemental, supplemental fees, statuses, emails/messages, interview invitations, interview scheduling, acceptance notifications etc. That would be the dream.

Everything should just be integrated into AADSAS. Supplemental, supplemental fees, statuses, emails/messages, interview invitations, interview scheduling, acceptance notifications etc. That would be the dream.

That would be the dream, sadly we live in reality. True or False: You can't teach an old dog (dental schools) new tricks?

It would be hard for schools to update status for the 3000 or more applicants they receive. I think it is much easier for them to just email us with application received, interviews, accept or reject. Since they have to email us anyways with an interview invite, it would be an extra unnecessary step. Just make a specific email for application process, and have it pushed/synced to your smartphone if you have one and you will never have to check any websites. I have this done and any email I receive from schools I know in less than a minute 24/7. Then I can just go about my day and keep my mind off without having to check my status.

That would be the dream, sadly we live in reality. True or False: You can't teach an old dog (dental schools) new tricks?

False. Otherwise, we'd be mailing paper applications to all the schools :laugh:

Maybe AADSAS is the old dog in the scenario, not the schools. AADSAS needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. It's kind of old school how they're doing things now. Seems like some of the schools are taking some things into their own hands that they cant do with AADSAS.

But even with a perfect system, there will always be that one school that is so proud of its fancy PDF secondary they won't let go of.

And all schools should start accepting online payments. Its BS when I have to spend hours waiting in line at the bank, making 12382190321 money orders and spending more hours at the post office writing 1890218321 addresses on envelops when I could've done this in 5 min on the internetz. Less hassle for me less hassle for the schools.