Uh-Oh. Is this going to be a problem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnDoeDDS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. So after deciding about a year and a half ago I wanted to go ot dental school I am finally applying! But I have a little problem.

Since I am a business major I have very few "other sciences" classes.

The only other sciences that I have is Statistics which I recieved an 'A' in. And also Calculus I which I took my freshman year and a a 'C-' in!!!

Those are the only two classes that are part of my "other" sciences! This means that the other science gpa will be around 2.7 or so!!! I thought that there would strictly be a science and non-science gpa part but now they added BCP!

I took all the basic pre-req science classes (except for physics wihch I plan to take now after I apply) and I pretty much got all As in everything except I got 2 A- for Orgo 1 and orgo 2. So my BCP is pretty up there (except I didnt take physics yet)... My overall is 3.56...

Guys what am I to do? Do you think I can be rejected if I do average on the DAT simply based on the other sciences gpa??? Oh wow I am freaking out now. How much is the other science gpa looked at? I mean I only have 2 classes there math and stat! Help!

Members don't see this ad.

who cares, as long as you fulfilled the science prereqs for the school youre applying to. I was a bus/econ major also, only took 1 or 2 science classes outside the prereqs. I don't even know what the "other sciences" gpa is. I'm pretty sure you're fine in that respect. Good luck with apps!

JohnDoeDDS said:
Hello everyone. So after deciding about a year and a half ago I wanted to go ot dental school I am finally applying! But I have a little problem.

Since I am a business major I have very few "other sciences" classes.

The only other sciences that I have is Statistics which I recieved an 'A' in. And also Calculus I which I took my freshman year and a a 'C-' in!!!

Those are the only two classes that are part of my "other" sciences! This means that the other science gpa will be around 2.7 or so!!! I thought that there would strictly be a science and non-science gpa part but now they added BCP!

I took all the basic pre-req science classes (except for physics wihch I plan to take now after I apply) and I pretty much got all As in everything except I got 2 A- for Orgo 1 and orgo 2. So my BCP is pretty up there (except I didnt take physics yet)... My overall is 3.56...

Guys what am I to do? Do you think I can be rejected if I do average on the DAT simply based on the other sciences gpa??? Oh wow I am freaking out now. How much is the other science gpa looked at? I mean I only have 2 classes there math and stat! Help!
Wow, aren't you paranoid lol. A lot of schools don't look at calculus, unless you're applying to BU and Harvard like me. If you have A's in everything, then I don't see why it should be a problem considering your GPA is pretty high. Obviously, you want to aim for 20+ on the DAT to be solid.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol yea I just got paranoid as I was filling this course work stuff out lol. I mean 2.7 is lowwww! Im def. going for those 20s but the PAT is really giving me some trouble along with the reading comp. Anyway can any1 else confirm im still good with a 2.7 in other sciences?

Back to studying the kaplan bio diag.

JohnDoeDDS said:
lol yea I just got paranoid as I was filling this course work stuff out lol. I mean 2.7 is lowwww! Im def. going for those 20s but the PAT is really giving me some trouble along with the reading comp. Anyway can any1 else confirm im still good with a 2.7 in other sciences?

Dude, there's 3 gpa's that AADSAS calculates. BCP, Science and Overall. WTH is "other sciences" (most of us are from bio so we don't have a lot of other sciences to begin with)?? I think you should just look at your *presumably* high Science GPA and chillax. PAT is pretty tricky, especially under pressure. But reading comp is pretty easy if you have an okay science background and if you can read fast (and good at finding key words in a passage)... way easier than VR. GL!!

JohnDoeDDS said:

Just checked my app and there is not a "other sciences" GPA. There is only the following.

BCP
Science
Non-Science <--------------------NON not OTHER :thumbup:
Cum