Uhhh is this normal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BoneMental

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so, here's a timeline of my life:

1) Took Kaplan Diagnostic in late February--got PS9, VR7, BS8 (TOTAL: 24)
2) Cried
3) Stayed on top of Kaplan materials, did my work, studied, blah blah blah
4) Took Kaplan Full Length in late February--got PS8, VR7, BS9 (TOTAL: 24)
5) More crying
6) Built up my organic chemistry foundation and my general chemistry foundations, specifically. Brushed up on endocrine. Paid no attention to physics (I am very bad at physics, but I was also bad at ochem and genchem).
7) Took EK Full Length #1H--got PS8, VR9, BS10 (TOTAL 27)

Uh...I'm not really sure what I should do with myself.

My PS score is terrible, partially because I've ignored physics. I think I should start brushing up on it.

My verbal reasoning went up for the first time ever, so I was pleased even though it still isn't that

My BS score surprised me. Since about a month ago, I have been getting almost all my organic chemistry questions correct. This stayed true. However, my bio was a bit rusty. I guess I need to brush up on biology.

All in all, I have two months until I take my MCATs. Is this enough time to get my score 30+?! Anyone have tips for me? Am I moving too slowly up the score ladder? I'm so displeased still though :(

Members don't see this ad.

Every single question you've asked so far, you seemed to ditch. Otherwise I'd be giving some constructive advice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't bother taking EK FLs, they're horrible and inaccurate. Take a better FL to get an idea of where you stand.

How are they horrible? Are they too hard or too easy? And how would you compare them to Kaplan Full Lengths?

Is two months enough time? Yes. Start studying physics and bio. Take some AAMC FLs. Are you abnormal? No.

How are they horrible? Are they too hard or too easy? And how would you compare them to Kaplan Full Lengths?

I have finished Examkracker and their full lengths are HORRIBLE they are not predictive of how you will do on AAMC full length exams at all. I completed the entire EXAMKRACKER study guide, completed all their exams than took the KP diagnostic and yes I ran out of time but still scored a 17.

After EK entire study and exams took Kaplan diagnostic:- 17 (5 PS, 5 VR, 7 BS)
After intensive Kaplan prep
(1 month later) Kaplan full length 1:- 27 (11 PS, 5 VR, 11 BS)
(1 month and 2 weeks later) AAMC practice exam forgot the number if it's 4 or 5:- 31 (11 PS, 7 VR, 13 BS)
(1 month and 3 weeks later) Kaplan full length 2:- 34 (12 PS, 8 VR, 14 BS)

So I would suggest you stick with Kaplan and their full lengths. If you need any tips on the PS let me know. I personally think the PS is the easiest to rack the most points out of God knows why I'm not doing better in the PS than my BS.

Last edited:
With physical sciences, I see a physics passage and it, to me, appears to be like 20000x more complicated than what I'm used to seeing.

For example, I understand momentum, but when its talking about an electron particle accelerator blah blah blah I have no idea if any of my knowledge is applicable.

With physical sciences, I see a physics passage and it, to me, appears to be like 20000x more complicated than what I'm used to seeing.

For example, I understand momentum, but when its talking about an electron particle accelerator blah blah blah I have no idea if any of my knowledge is applicable.

Okay that means 2 things 1) Your foundation on Physics is weak which you have already indicated and/or 2) You are NOT practicing Physics passages.

There is only one solution to this and we both know it... you need to login to Kaplan go to your Qbank, subject, topicals and section tests concerning Physics and start doing ALL OF THEM every single one of them. That's exactly what I did to feel comfortable with Physics. Even though I Aced Physics 1 and 2 I really struggled with passages. Practice makes perfect and in your sense it will make you more comfortable and used to the Bull language they use in the passages. :thumbup:
I'm so used to passages now that I tend to make more mistakes on the discrete questions than the passage based ones which is pretty ******ed! :(

By the way focusing on just Gen Chem or Organic and not paying attention to the others is DETRIMENTAL to your score. You need to sit down and spend a proportionate time for all disciplines every day be it even 1-2 hours each.

...My PS score is terrible, partially because I've ignored physics. I think I should start brushing up on it.
...However, my bio was a bit rusty. I guess I need to brush up on biology.

Umm...I would recommend doing the stuff in bold.

My lowest practice test score was an 18. About a month later, I broke 30. It's possible!

Okay, so, here's a timeline of my life:

1) Took Kaplan Diagnostic in late February--got PS9, VR7, BS8 (TOTAL: 24)
2) Cried
3) Stayed on top of Kaplan materials, did my work, studied, blah blah blah
4) Took Kaplan Full Length in late February--got PS8, VR7, BS9 (TOTAL: 24)
5) More crying
6) Built up my organic chemistry foundation and my general chemistry foundations, specifically. Brushed up on endocrine. Paid no attention to physics (I am very bad at physics, but I was also bad at ochem and genchem).
7) Took EK Full Length #1H--got PS8, VR9, BS10 (TOTAL 27)

My PS score is terrible, partially because I've ignored physics. I think I should start brushing up on it.

My verbal reasoning went up for the first time ever, so I was pleased even though it still isn't that

My BS score surprised me. Since about a month ago, I have been getting almost all my organic chemistry questions correct. This stayed true. However, my bio was a bit rusty. I guess I need to brush up on biology.

All in all, I have two months until I take my MCATs. Is this enough time to get my score 30+?! Anyone have tips for me? Am I moving too slowly up the score ladder? I'm so displeased still though :(

8) More Crying?

Get off your butt, stop crying, and work harder. Don't make any excuses. Also, let me tutor you...

Kaplan's tests (especially the diagnostic) are meant to be difficult so they can't be held liable for legal issues (with their higher score guarantee and whatnot). Try the AAMC tests, they tend to be very close to what the actual MCATs are like.