uhhh, thats not what I thought

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vixen

I like members
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm registering for the DAT and picking the schools I want my scores to be sent to...but there's no mention of a school in Arizona? I thought from discussion before w/you guys, there WOULD be a school opening up this year in Arizona. UNLV was on there, does anyone know the deal with Arizona?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey girl,

I think that AADSAS application online will be updated that includes AZ dental school, but I think the ADA's DAT registration packet has not been updated. I know for a fact that AZ will be a school available for you to apply to for the 2003 cycle. The Dean said so himself at the AZ Dental Convention last month. If you want to make sure, I would call the ADA's DAT people and ask them to update their registration sheet for selecting dental schools! Afterall, I'm sure you don't want to submit an additional request for DAT score report at an additional $5.00 later due to "their" mistake of not including AZ on their registration school selection sheet. :cool:

vixen,

Yah-E is correct as usual! Arizona is on the new AADSAS form (available May 15), but the ADA has not updated the DAT registration packet.

I spoke with the ADA, and since I'm already registered for the exam, they asked me to simply fill out a score report request form with Arizona written in. The fee is only $10, which is the normal score report fee (beyond the 5 free included schools).

Since you haven't mailed in your forms yet, I would do as Yah-E suggested and give them a call. Perhaps they will just let you write your Arizona selection in on the school request section, rather than fill out a score request after mailing in your test application. Let us know what you find out!

ok thanks YAH-E and Gavin...so the lady told me that if there was ANY school that I wanted to send my scores to, but wasn't on the sheet, to send a letter with the $10 fee/school, with the address, etc and they will take care of it. Hopefully this clears some stuff up :)