Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

UHS and AZCOM Interviews! Help!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by thirdangel, Apr 9, 2002.

1. thirdangel

thirdangel Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi! I have interviews at these two schools soon. If you have any information and advice for these two schools and the interviews, please help! I've tried Interview Feedback, but it's still down. Thanks. :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. drchris33

drchris33 MSIV
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    thirdangel--
    I interviewed and was accepted at UHS in January, so I will give you some insight. The interview is pretty laid back. First off, if you receive an interview, you have a very, very good chance of being accepted. I would say about 90% chance. The day starts off with meeting in a hall and you talk to a guy about the school, then watch a video about UHS. The guy asked us questions about AT Still, so you might want to brush up on his history. Then we went on a tour, viewing all the buildings and such. Ate lunch, then went to the student lounge and waited for the interview. While waiting, you can play pool, ping-pong and get a chance to become more acquainted with your future classmates as well as upperclassmen. You also get to talk to Jen Lorenz with Apartment search (she is great!) and try on white coats for the White Coat Ceremony in the fall. Then you get called to your interview.

At my interview, they didnt ask anything about why DO, why be a doctor and so on. They asked me about my volunteer work, running on college track team, and about my adopted children. Very laid back and conversational. Others did have the normal questions though, regarding medicine and such.

Just relax, be yourself and KNOW yourself! You will do fine!

Chris

4. drchris33

drchris33 MSIV
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thirdangel--
    I forgot to mention a few other things.....if you can the night before, stay with a student. It helped me a lot. He gave me an informal tour and also let me ask him tons of questions. Then the next morning, before the interview started, I had the opportunity to sit in on a Physiology lecture and a pathology lab the day before, so I got a minute sense of what class is like. It is not what I expected at all. Granted, the material load is immense, but the lecture was a nice slow speed....the day I was there, they were just learning to read EKG's which I already knew how to do.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to email me ([email protected])

Chris :p

5. climber

climber Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey, I was also accepted to UHS. Don't even stress about it. They asked me about climbing and my job at the hospital. I think they just want to make sure that you are not some introverted freak. Just relax and guide the interview. Be sure to have some questions to ask your interviewers about the school or some other thing that they can answer. PhD's love to hear themselves talk.

6. climber

climber Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

One more thing, I also interviewed at AZCOM and was accepted there. The interview was slightly mor intense. Still, they were mainly interested in my experiences with patients, plus there were more rapid fire questions. I enjoyed both interviews but I am not attending either of them in the fall. Good Luck