UHS and the Qualified list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Docgeorge

Bent Over and Violated
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just informed that my file is complete and that it has been reviewed and place on the qualified list. This means that i might be called in for an interview at a later date. My fiancee has been accepcted to UHS and it is her first choice, and it's mine as well. While I would go to school anywhere I really would like to be with my fiancee. I not all that excited about the prospect of being seperated from her for 4 years. Does anybody have any recomendations or any info about what I might do to get off the qualifed list and on to the interview list?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Docgeorge
I was just informed that my file is complete and that it has been reviewed and place on the qualified list. This means that i might be called in for an interview at a later date. My fiancee has been accepcted to UHS and it is her first choice, and it's mine as well. While I would go to school anywhere I really would like to be with my fiancee. I not all that excited about the prospect of being seperated from her for 4 years. Does anybody have any recomendations or any info about what I might do to get off the qualifed list and on to the interview list?
I would make sure that they knew that your wife was going to school there. If I were an adcom, that would add pts to your file. You'd prob be less likely to drop out/get low grades bc your support system is right there. Maybe just write a letter of intent (or strong interest) that details why UHS is your first choice and that includes reference to your fiancee...

Members don't see this ad :)
I wrote UHS a letter saying what I had done to improve my application to their program (after they said I was on their qualified list). It worked, I got an interview, but have to close my file at their school due to other circumstances.

gosh im so bummed...im in the same board...being put in the qualified boat!!! What kind of things did you write about in you letter of intent, and what would you suggest for improving my app. My numbers are ok...but they are pretty much set!!! I am desperately trying to find a job in a hospital...but nothing seems to be working out!!! Any suggestions, im open to ANYTHING. Uhs is by far my first choice!!!

Thanks for the info guys. I sent a letter off saying how I was really interested in UHS and that my fiancee and I were commited to our family and our professional lives, and that we believed that UHS would allow us to maximize both and I also expalined why my gpa was a little low (3.123 but my mcat was 11v,9p,9b) and I thaked them for their time. Hope it works.

Oh yea it turns out my fiancee sent an emailed the adcom yesterday. I think either these letters will get me in or keep me out. Well nothing risked, nothing gained.