UHS application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bevo

Radiology, R1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a postcard back today saying they are missing a recommendation letter from a professor familiar with my work. aside from some other things, pre med committe LORs and DO LOR.

also on missing semester hours it has a NIP for genetics and a IP for biochemistry.

what does that stand for?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by lmbebo
I got a postcard back today saying they are missing a recommendation letter from a professor familiar with my work. aside from some other things, pre med committe LORs and DO LOR.

also on missing semester hours it has a NIP for genetics and a IP for biochemistry.

what does that stand for?

My assumptions:

IP=In progress
NIP=Not in progress

yeah I guess that makes sense.

but I guess my main question is the one I didn't write down :|

do I need to send them a letter from a science professor when I have my pre med committee letters being sent to them.

from what Ive seen from other applications is that it was one or the other, not both.

Members don't see this ad :)
My recollection is that they wanted a DO letter and either a committee letter or two science faculty letters. Not sure, though, and I don't have my stuff with me here at work.

Russell

I remember having to work with my advisor for the application because they wanted a science faculty member to write a letter who was not on the premed committee. In other words, they want three separate letters:
DO physician
Science faculty member
Premed advisor/committee

Hope this helps:)

Mindy
UHS class of 2007

do you think a neuroscience faculty member would be ok?

Yes I think that should be fine. As long as he knows something more about you other then the grade you got in the course. Good luck!

Mindy is right, you need an evaluation letter from each of the following sources:
- a physician, preferably a D.O.
- a science faculty member who is familiar with your academic work.
- a pre-medical source: this could be an advisor's letter, a composite evaluation, or evaluations from a committee.

Good luck,

Russell

Good Luck Imbebo!!! We're all rooting for you:)

would it be bad to have 2 professors send in a recommendation letter?

I asked one and didn't get a response from him until this morning. I learned after I asked him that he was leaving the country for a week. He said he could have it sent out by the 19th or 20th of Dec.

So I asked another professor who said he could do it, but he couldn't do it until the start of next spring semester which is Jan 13th.

Do I have them both send a LOR in or do I tell the 2nd thank you very much and tell him a little white lie saying I thought the deadline was later?