Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

UHS Card

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by wifedoc, Feb 18, 2001.

1. wifedoc

wifedoc Junior Member

I received a card from UHS this weekend, and they were letting me know that my file was still incomplete and if I wanted to be considered for an interview to contact a counselor to discuss my file. I was surprised, as my file was incomplete. I needed several classes. I have been taking the classes, but took the MCAT prior to taking the classes and did very poorly on the MCAT (19,R) (No chem or phyics). I have since started the classes. My assumption was that my chances were so poor that I would not be considered. Is there any chance that I am still being considered? Does anyone know if the class is almost full, or how many vacancies still remain. I am just wanting to know if I still have a shot at an interview, or if I am dead and wasting my time. I am still taking classes, and will reapply next year afer I take the MCAT again in April. This is really the school that I want to attend. Any advise would be appreciated.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. nathan

nathan Member

Wifedoc-

One thing I would like to know is- do you have alot of work experience in healthcare? If you do, and your cum. (and science) g.p.a.'s are fantastic, then I would definitely consider calling and checking your file situation out. I didn't have the stellar MCAT score either (however I did awesome on the writing- which matters not), but had a "catchy g.p.a. and work experience, and fantastic letters of rec." I am almost positive that the class has not filled up yet. A friend of mine who is a 1st year now I don't even think got interviewed until late April or May of last year. Don't give up and remember, "The game ain't over until the fat lady sings." Best of luck!

-Nathan (UHS '05)

4. wifedoc

wifedoc Junior Member

Nathan:

Thanks, I have a 3.5 gpa/3.2 science gpa. Unfortunately I don't have a health care background, expect for volunteer (which as you know is limited). I do have great letters of recommendation. I will give them a call tomorrow. I would love to get in, even if it is at the very last minute. thanks for the encouragement. Barbara

5. adamwait

adamwait Member

Wife Doc-

Before you get your hopes up, I hope you know that you need biochemistry and genetics to enter UHS. That might be why your file is not complete. If that is not the case, I wish you luck and hope that you are really good at interviews because there is a slight chance you might get one.