UHS-COM Standardized Budget difficult?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cpepper

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The UHS-COM college catalog states that the UHS Standardized Budget limits the amount a student can get from all sources of income (including loans) at $11,880/year for personal expenses. Does this include rent too? Does it include non-Missouri state loans that may be available? To sum up my question, do UHS students find it financially difficult with this limit or does it all work out okay? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You can get by with that. I mean you can't live it up, but you can survive. Also, that budget usually goes up each year.

Hey, saw this and thought that I should put in my two cents. I'm making it just fine, but it does get a little tight right around Christmas. I am a single student living in a one bedroom apt with no outside help with funding (family support, job, etc). In regards to your questions: yes, that amount includes rent; I'm not sure about the non-Missouri state loans. UHS will work with their students though. If you find that you are really in a pinch, they will find a way (usually a private loan) to help you out. Some of my friends that are married/single with kids seem to struggle a little more. As with everything else, it depends on your individual situation. Hope this helps.