UHS Internet Ambassador

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drchris33

MSIV
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone--
I have been appointed as the Internet Ambassador for the University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine. If you have any questions about our school, osteopathic medicine in general, med school, or anything else, please either post on this thread, Class of 20069 UHS thread or email me at [email protected]

For those of you who know me, I am a regular poster on SDN so I will be checking the board regularly.

Thanks

Chris Morrissey MS1.99

Members don't see this ad.

drchris33,
I'm going to try and visit UHS in the next few months and am wondering when your fall semester starts up. Also, is there anything you can think of that isn't in the official tour but would help showcase what it's like to be a UHS student? Thanks.

Dave

Our fall semester begins around August 12. The first years will have orientation the week that we have class. So mid-August is the start date.

As far as what it is like being a UHS student, it is pretty awesome. I am one day away from completing my first year of medical school. The faculty are great, always willing to help you out in anyway they can. Once you are in, they will do everything they can to keep you here.

The curriculum is really cool too. We have the systems-based approach, which I am glad, cause I can't see doing it any other way. In this style, you get a lot of repeat of certain things (autonomic nervous system, interleukins (my favorite!!)), which a lot of us need repeats!

Typical day consists of the following:
Lecture from 8-12. Depending on the day, you will have lab in the afternoon. OPP is on Monday, Intro to Clinical Medicine is on Thursday. Then depending on the section, you will have either anatomy on Tues or Friday. It just really changes all the time, but you get a syllabus at the beginning of every section so that you know everywhere you are supposed to be every minute of the coming six weeks!

Well I hope that gives you a general idea of UHS. If you have any further questions, please feel free to email, and or post !

Chris Morrissey