SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

UHS interview questions? Anyone? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by NickE, Dec 22, 1998.

1. NickE

NickE Junior Member

Dec 21, 1998
    Hi everybody,
    I was recently granted an interview at UHS in Kansas City. If anyone has interviewed there of other places and would like to give specifics, please do! I would also like to hear the buzz regarding the chances of acceptance there if chosen for interview assuming personality and medical knowledge is fine.
    Thanks,
    Nick

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Kansai

Kansai Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 1, 1998
    Albany, New York
    Nick-

I haven't interviewed at UHS, but I know there are alot of people out here that have. You should definitely check out this website: http://www.med.jhu.edu/meded_feedback/ It contains interview reports submitted by interviewees at all of the schools. I found the site really helpful for my interviews. Good luck to you!

Stef

4. Deb

Deb Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 24, 1998
    Nick

Try not to stress too much. UHS interviews are usually very pleasant. The faculty
    try to make it a positive experience. There may be a few pointed questions (see the
    aforementioned web site), but for the most part they just want to get to know you
    better. The best advice (for any interview) is to just BE YOURSELF! Don't try to be
    something you're not. If you don't know the answer to a question then just say so
    (NEVER TRY TO BLUFF YOUR WAY THROUGH A TOUGH QUESTION). They DON'T expect you to know
    everything, but they DO expect you to be honest! Also, I'd say your chances at UHS are
    excellant. When I was going through the process there were over 5000 applications,
    they gave 300-400 interviews and accepted 225. If you are wait-listed, call, write
    letters, LET THEM KNOW YOU ARE INTERESTED! GOOD LUCK!

5. Diane E

Diane E Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Kansas City MO
    Nick
    I interviewed in the first group this year Oct 2nd. I was accepted
    Oct 20th. I had 2 interviewers, super nice people a PhD and a DO.
    As others have expressed try not to be nervous and be yourself. While
    some people had ethical questions my questions were tailored to specifics
    in my application; I was asked a couple questions on what I thought
    about healhcare issues today. There are some wonderful sites for you to
    brush up on current events as related to medicine. i.e.
    www.am-osteo-assn.org and and www.am-osteo-assn.org/news1.htm.
    Try and read the Feb 1997 NY Times Article on Osteopathy and The DO Pleasee.mail me any specific questions you have and I will try and pass
    on any advice. [email protected]
    Good Luck [​IMG]
    Diane E
    UHS-COM 2003