UHS-Qualified Applicant Pool

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc2b34

Anesthesiology
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I don't know if anyone would know. I am placed in a pool of applicants who qualifies for an interview at the UHS, but they haven't invited me for the interview yet. Does anyone know what my chances of getting an interview is? If I somehow get an interview from the UHS, what are my chances of getting in? I know it's very late in the year for an interview, but they told me that they interview until the end of June. Thank You, doc2b34

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed in May '99 and was accepted a week later. Some people from my interview were initially wait-listed and then accepted right before the start of classes. Other folks from that day weren't so lucky.

Obviously, the later you interview, the fuller the class is, and this reduces your chances. But you still have a good shot of getting in whenever you interview, as long as you come prepared. If that "Interview Feedback" site is still up and running, check it out if you have not done so. If it is no longer there, remember: why do you want to be a DO, what's the difference between DO and MD, what's a major issue in the field today (don't say managed care), and why did AT question traditional medicine (his sons died from meningitis).

I myself interviewed in May of 2000 and got accepted in June, although they did something weird with me (and some of the other people who interviewed on the same day). They put me on a waitlist that works a little different from others- I was wait listed for the class starting in August, but if nothing opened up before then, I would have a guaranteed spot in classes the following year, without having to reapply or re-interview. I won't go into all the reasons why I'm not starting until this August (not related to anything the school did or did not do). Don't get discouraged yet. I know plenty of people who didn't get accepted until much later.

As for your other question, I hear they do accept most of the people who interview, but I don't know if this is a fact.

Good luck!

Hey thanks TAM and Dr. Evil,

Your comments are very encouraging. But do you guys know how many people actually were on the Qualified Applicant Pool and got interviewed and Accepted. Please write in again.
Thanks, doc2b34