UHS ripping families apart?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UHSstarter

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a first year UHS student. I was in the lounge when I overheard a second year student talking about the "match" for his third and fourth years. Aparently, his wife and kid are going to move close to one of the school's core MEDCON sites. The match was a while back and he did not match there. So he was forced into the other match which is in Jan or Feb. Well he was Ok with that, but then one of the people going to the site that his family (His wife is going to finish school and financial reasons allow for only in state schools) will be close to, wants to trade with him. However, he was told in an e-mail that these MEDCON sites were "binding" like a contract and that no one can trade. I was absolutely ASTONISHED?!! I was told like many of you that we would be allowed to trade to different sites. I am really worried since I have a rooted family that things won't work out. I cannot believe that the school, who could easily keep this family together refuses not to! Does anyone else know about this?

Members don't see this ad.

UHS is not the only one engaged in this practice... I would have to add DMU to this list from a personal standpoint.

My point is that if you can keep a family together then do it. In this case, he has someone who wants to give him that site. Something tells me that some alumni money just went out the door for sure.

A binding contract??? Come on... If you felt as though the school misinformed you, then it ain't binding! And if it isn't explicitly stated it ain't binding, ESPECIALLY since the practice of trading has gone on for years! Granted we aren't in law school, but school says alot, that just ISN't true.
It will work out, and it will be more simple that it appears.

Then again...he/she wouldn't have been the first to be away from the family for months at a time...it sucks, but it has happened alot in the past.