UHS Students 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OldManDave

Fossil Bouncer Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm, the thread appears to have died away...so, I'm trying to rekindle it!

I'm not yet accepted there, or anywhere for that matter. But, I interviewed at UHS earlier this month and will interview at KCOM on the 26th.

I would welcome any comparative feedback from persons who have seen both places.

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
Senior, Neurosciences
Univ of Texas at Dallas
Class of 1999

[This message has been edited by OldManDave (edited 03-18-99).]

Members don't see this ad.

I can only comment on UHS. My interview was the most impressive out of all the schools. The entire curriculum explanations, being talked to by the VP, the interactions of MSI and MSII, and the class room tours and explainations really made me feel a part of the school. The facilities are state of the art and have been renovated. Their basic science programs and research areas are being updated as we speak. After the interview I was contacted by a student who thanked me for coming to UHS. Students will answer any and all questions you have simply call admissions and ask to speak with a student representative. I found out I was accepted Oct 24th, 22 days after I interviewed. You should be hearing soon. Please post additional questions and I will try and answer them accordingly.
Best of luck
smile.gif
Diane
PS who did you interview with?

------------------

Dr. Stephens [Anatomy Chair] and Dr. Yasso [retired local DO].

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
Senior, Neurosciences
Univ of Texas at Dallas
Class of 1999

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got word...I am officially on the alternate list for UHS!!

smile.gif

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
Senior, Neurosciences
Univ of Texas at Dallas
Class of 1999

Hey oldman-
I had the same interviewers plus a clinical professor. HOw long was your interview? Mine was like 15 minutes. It was like a blur. They didn't even ask me an ethical question or a current medical issue. I was all psyched up to attack some ethical dilemmas questions but they threw me a curve and didn't ask any. They just ask me about myself, why DO, some of my extracurriculars, how i deal with stress, and about my mcat scores. If it wasn't for me asking questions that invoked long responses, i think my interview would've been over in like 10 minutes. I was kinda stressing afterwards b/c the interview was so short. I'm curious to know if your experience with these interviewers were similar.

Congrats, Dave!! Here's hoping you and Diane E will be classmates this fall!

Old Man Dave,
Congratulations and good luck. I hope you're high on the wait-list.

Congrats to any future UHS students! I'm finishing up my first year (YEAHHHH) at UHS and would be happy to answer anyone's questions. I think you've made the right choice, I know I did. Good luck and enjoy your free time while you still have it!

-Karen

Hey all! Ill be at UHS this summer as an MS-I, and I thought Id poke my head in and say hello to anyone listening. Write back and we'll chat some more. Look forward to hearing from you all.