UHS vs. UNECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Docgeorge

Bent Over and Violated
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which is a better school and why?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I'm not sure if I could tell you for sure which one is "better", because I honestly don't know much about UHS. I'm an MSI at UNECOM and I love it and feel it was a great choice for me. I really feel like i'm getting a great education here, the location is beautiful, and the people are all so nice. It's really a supportive community here. So that's my little bit about UNECOM, if you have any specifice questions don't hesitate to ask!
:)

I believe that UNECOM teaches gross anatomy in one quarter. Is that correct? What do you specifically like about their program?
I was accepted to UHS, and I am trying to decide whether or not I should go to the UNECOM interview in Dec.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's some information from the osteopathic forum last year this time - I'd reccomend scrolling down to read Doc Oc's post about why he chose UNE. here's the link if you're interested

Congrats on the UHS acceptance!

Doc Oc is a "she" ;) If you want to know more about UNECOM, feel free to PM me. About our gross anatomy course, we have 240 hours of gross anatomy instruction, from when you start school Aug 1 until the first week of November. We don't have "quarters" or "trimesters", our classes all overlap. You have about 5 at a time, and when one ends another begins, but they don't all end at the same time. Come to your interview in Dec., you have to see this place, we have a really great school here.

Good luck to you!

Dear Docgeorge,

I'm a MSI at UHSCOM & interviewed at UHS & UNE back to back last February, so I had a direct comparison.

Facility-wise, both schools have great campuses-- new & on the cutting edge. I liked the professors I met at both schools and each has a diverse student population.

Here were the differences--

UNE-- small (150 students/class), rural, 1.5 hours to a big city (Boston), very laid back (from my 2 experiences there) but still with the New England pace of things, fairly 'traditional' curriculum

UHS-- larger (220 students/class), large town/medium-sized city atmosphere, "driven but not gunner" 'feel', midwest 'hospitality' & pace, GENESIS curriculum (very different from traditional!)

Being from MA, I thought UNE would be my first choice, but I am feeling right at home out here in Missouri.

So, I guess the message is to find where you are comfortable. Once I stepped onto the UHS campus, something told me I belonged here-- I didn't get that feeling at UNE, but maybe you will.... good luck!!

Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions/ concerns!

Peace,
Hillary

UHSCOM MSI

Dr. Hillary
Thank you. I felt the same way when I interviewed at UHS. (My real handle is soapghgirl. I was using my fiance's handle because he was helping me use this site.)