UIC Acceptance!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shakti

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got the much awaited acceptance ! in my dream school UIC. I was interviewed on the 22 nd of Aug. I got an email just this morning I am so happy. Did not think that i would get a positive response so quickly!
Party time for my family :):):):):):):)

Members don't see this ad.

congrats! even I got an acceptance email yesterday. just feels so wonderful...

Congratulations Shakti !!!

I got my acceptance email yesterday as well :D
My interview was on Aug 21 ...
waiting for the official letter .. so happy ..now time for the banana dance!!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

i canceled my interview in UMN ,someone will get a call soon ..goodluck everyone :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to all of you. your struggle seems to have finally ended.

congratulations drkooks, shakti, endi20
we are happy for you guys, and hope that we can join you soon.
wish us good luck

congrats for everyone who got accepted!pls can u post your stats...if u have any exp...ur profile.it will help us prospective candidates.Thanks.:)

Thank you Dr Kooks and Mohammed 1977. Congrajulations endi 20.

congrats to drkrooks, shakti, endi20...its gr8 news for you guys...can u pls tell us about your status of marks and exp..so that we can think about our chances...enjoy guys..

hey acc to uic people ..they have send offers to 24 students here are 3 of them where are rest 21.....guys share your happiness

Thank you all..it has really been a long road for me.But I'm glad to have finally reached my destination:)
Here are my stats:
NBDE 1-86
NBDE 2-80
Work Exp.-1 yr as a dental assistant and 1 yr as a research technician.
Reapplicant this yr at UIC. Last yr they told me tht my application was late.
UIC interview exp.-very friendly people,really made me comfortable.Totally dental based interview..couple of preps to evaluate,x-ray diagnosis and instrument identification.They probably test ur performance under pressure since it was mostly time bound.
It's been 5yrs since my part-1 and 3yrs since part-2. So my biggest experience to all of you trying is "PERSISTENCE"!!It really pays with loads of hard work..if I can do it so can any of you out there.
My heartfelt gratitude to all SDN community and especially to starry night.Your posts were a great moral booster during my lowest points.
Take care all of you and good luck to all those waiting!!:)

conratulations...and hats off to your persistence,.....
Good luck

hey acc to uic people ..they have send offers to 24 students here are 3 of them where are rest 21.....guys share your happiness

I am the 4th one .Got the email yesterday.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats to all of you guys .!!!!
my status part 1 90
part 2 75
1 year experience in usa
1 year in home country

Hullo Everyone,

Congrats to all who got in UIC 2009 IDDP! I also recevied an e-mail last week for acceptance. I am so excited to join. Are there any other females who have been accepted so far - please post your response. Good luck to all who are waiting to hear from the school.

:thumbup: My sincere congratulations 2 all d people selected in UIC .......

I'd like 2 request " Shakti " , " ddsm2011 " and all d other people 2 kindly post their stats along with their success story .... it'd be of great help & moral booster for all d strugglers who r waiting for their acceptance.

Thankx & all d best. :)

congratulations on being accepted to UIC !!!
Good luck for the future !!

Hullo Everyone,

Congrats to all who got in UIC 2009 IDDP! I also recevied an e-mail last week for acceptance. I am so excited to join. Are there any other females who have been accepted so far - please post your response. Good luck to all who are waiting to hear from the school.

congrats ddsm2011...good luck...can u pls tell us ur scores and gpa?

Hi! everyone iam a new member and i would like to congratulate those who got accepted for uic 09' anyway iam a re-applicant for iddp, i had my interview in aug.of 06 but unfortunately didnt' qualify and now i reapplied again last july08'. Anybody has info if the selection process is over? for iddp09'? thanks

hi..i too got an acceptance email..3 days back..but got access to internet today..since im travelling...
my stats are
part 1-87
part 2-77
3 months as assistant in the usa
6 years of experience in india.
i was interviewed on the 18th august..
congratulations to every one...
keep in touch..and hope to see you all next year..

congrats.can u pls post ur gpa's,it will help me....thanks

congrats.can u pls post ur gpa's,it will help me....thanks
hi..my gpa is only 2.4..i was really worried about it...but it doesnt matter too much...
all the best...

I too recived my acceptance thru email on the 5 of sept . It was like a dream come true after almost like 4 yrs .So guys all of u out there dont lose hope just keep tryin.

I called up to find out that all 24 acceptances are being sent. They have to reserve their space in a month or so, if not people from alternate list will be selected.
I was interviewed in the 2nd week of Aug. But not offered admission. Really disappointed at this point.
UIC is my last option.
So anyone who is not accepting admission please inform the school so that someone like me might get selected.
Thanks all

I called up to find out that all 24 acceptances are being sent. They have to reserve their space in a month or so, if not people from alternate list will be selected.
I was interviewed in the 2nd week of Aug. But not offered admission. Really disappointed at this point.
UIC is my last option.
So anyone who is not accepting admission please inform the school so that someone like me might get selected.
Thanks all

HI doc_mi,
did they tell you that they have sent acceptance to all 24 students? i also interviewed in 2nd week and think i also not offered an asmission.....gos i am disappointed too..can u pls tell me what is ur score?

Hi Spruedent,

I do not know what is wrong. I did my interview well. But only disappointment. It has been a long struggle for me, not sure when it will end.

Last edited:
hi..do not fret too much.when the other schools begin accping students, .later...many will opt for california schools and boston, umdnj..boston has 100 + seats..and california has many schools..so, students may turn down their admission after they are accepted in their home state..not necessarily, but its a huge possibility..
so keep your fingers crossed...and all the best...
has any one received their official package??
i have not yet received it...

i called them today also....so ppl who are waiting for interviews...i would say dont keep your hopes up high, cuz they told me that they have already sent out the letteres and now it depends on how many ppl accept....after that i assume they will call waiting list ppl...=/

Hi everyone
I'm a new member of sdn. Congrats to all of you who got accepted at UIC. I got my email too a few days ago and I was interviewed on Aug 12. Good luck to all of you guys who are waiting.

I was sad when I saw they had sent out acceptance emails and I had not got one, but today I had an acceptance letter in the mail!!!
I was so excited to get the good news!
Congrats to all of you guys! And if you didn't get an email, don't think its over. You might get something in the mail!

pls everyone...do post ur stats,nbde scores,toefl scores,ur exp's..everything.thanks to all who have already done it.congrats everyone who made it...but do post ur profiles too!

My stats:
NBDE I - 87
NBDE II - 88
TOEFL - 117
GPA - 3.47

Just when I thought it was all happiness... I see the list of documents they want from us. I don't know about you guys, but it is not going to be very easy for me to get them from my school. I don't even know it if they will be able to give a mark sheet as they want it! Oh well... I am sure we will work something out!

I too got my acceptance just received my postal mail today, but confused about fafsa. Do i apply for the year 2008-2009 as mentioned in the letter? Somebody please clarify

Guys, Please help me here. hat do you mean by unconsolidated marks cards. My university issues 5 sets of marks cards and degree as 1 set puts them in one envelope sign it andseal it.Does unconsolidated means 5 separate envelope for 5 marks card. can somebody please explain this to me.

Guys, Please help me here. hat do you mean by unconsolidated marks cards. My university issues 5 sets of marks cards and degree as 1 set puts them in one envelope sign it andseal it.Does unconsolidated means 5 separate envelope for 5 marks card. can somebody please explain this to me.

I wish I could help... but I myself am very confused with all that. How can we get translation of the documents if they have to be in sealed envelopes?

I will call UIC and ask about that. I will let you know when I know anything!

guys please help me out cause i am out of town so did not receive the letter yet...i just got the email..

when is the due date for the deposit and when the due date for the papers?

i am going back home in sept 15 ..is there anything urgent before this time ???? plaese,if u can just post the required papers from our country ...i am so worried after all the requirement that u posted

please help thanks

You have to send the nonrefundable deposit of 5000 dollars by october 23rd.and then you have to have your degree and marks card attested by your university registrar sealed and stamped either forarded to you or to the university. Nothing urgent before sep 15th, dont orry

thanks a lot , really appreciate it :)

sorry to bother you by another question.
my university give one paper for all years with the grades for each subject.
is this what was meant by mark sheet or not ...and does any foreign school do separate sheets with marks rather than grades :confused:

and about the degree mine is a big one which i laminated ..can not be sealed by anyway :laugh:..but has all the stamps ..what about your schools ????

hi,
the school is asking for a notarised copy of the degree certificate..and the notarisation has to be done by the university that is awarding the degree..so, how to go about it?

:hardy: First, Congratulations to all the people who got accepted!!! Yesterday, I received my acceptance letter by regular mail. I'm very happy!!!
Now, I'm trying to see how I'm gonna get all the papers from my school.....I think it's not an easy task for those who are here in States like me....I wish everybody good luck :luck: and I can't wait to see you all next year!!!

thanks a lot , really appreciate it :)

sorry to bother you by another question.
my university give one paper for all years with the grades for each subject.
is this what was meant by mark sheet or not ...and does any foreign school do separate sheets with marks rather than grades :confused:

and about the degree mine is a big one which i laminated ..can not be sealed by anyway :laugh:..but has all the stamps ..what about your schools ????
Hi there,
The only thing is that they want the minimum and the maximum marks obtained in the grade sheet. For example my university issued marks sheets are 5, one for each year. and not just one.

:hardy: First, Congratulations to all the people who got accepted!!! Yesterday, I received my acceptance letter by regular mail. I'm very happy!!!
Now, I'm trying to see how I'm gonna get all the papers from my school.....I think it's not an easy task for those who are here in States like me....I wish everybody good luck :luck: and I can't wait to see you all next year!!!
hi..congratulations on your acceptance..
maybe we can tell them to accept notarised copies from the us notary..i tried telling them, but they want it from the home country..if all of us tell them the same thing, they may agree...
because im sure most of us will find it tough to travel back or send the original document to the university...

hi..congratulations on your acceptance..
maybe we can tell them to accept notarised copies from the us notary..i tried telling them, but they want it from the home country..if all of us tell them the same thing, they may agree...
because im sure most of us will find it tough to travel back or send the original document to the university...

Hi
You're very right .... it'll be a lot of trouble getting notarized copies from our home country. But I don't think they will listen to us. Did u try talking to them?

Hi my stats are
NBDE I - 85
TOEFL- 100
GPA- 3.06
Dental assistant for 1 1/2 years
Research assistant for a few months

So you can see that scores are not everything. They do matter but if you have some other experience too, I think that's gonna help. Good luck to all.

Hello and congrats to all that have been accepted UIC!!

I can say this is one of the best schools and people are amazing, I love it here. It is a lot of hard work, but you have work to get the benefits in life. Please feel free to PM me if you have questions about the school or living arrangements. I will stress that we are very very busy this fall term, so it may take a few days for me to reply.

Good Luck

Dentalbug

Hi
You're very right .... it'll be a lot of trouble getting notarized copies from our home country. But I don't think they will listen to us. Did u try talking to them?
hi..yes..i did try talking to them about it..but they want it that way..
hopefully, other students may have the same problem and they may consider it...im not planning to go to india till may..

Hello and congrats to all that have been accepted UIC!!

I can say this is one of the best schools and people are amazing, I love it here. It is a lot of hard work, but you have work to get the benefits in life. Please feel free to PM me if you have questions about the school or living arrangements. I will stress that we are very very busy this fall term, so it may take a few days for me to reply.

Good Luck

Dentalbug
hi dentalbug...
thanks for your concern..i am looking for baby sitting near the school or suburbs..do you have any idea what the school students do with kids,if they have any?

Congrats to all who have been selected !!!
My stats are:
NBDE I- 83
NBDE II- 75
Toefl- 103
Gpa- 2.45
2yrs research exp & 3yrs practice exp in my country
2yrs of dental assistant exp in the US

So its the entire package that counts... My advise would be that one should try to work/ volunteer here in the US and get exposure as a dental /research assistant etc. This will definitely help to strengthen your application as schools definitely look favourably at students who have exposure to american dental care delivery system.

I hope this helps. Good luck to everybody...

congrats ddsm2011.....do u know if UIC is still calling ppl for interviews? or they have filled up all the seats?