UIC accepted student thread0-calss of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashswati

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi to all,
I am starting this thread for people who got acceptance at UIC for calss starting at mid 2006.
I got acceptance in this program this year and it will be really helpful if all of you can post your results so we can come to know about all the people who actually got in to this program.
thanks
congraulations to all who got acceptance
bye from now. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

ashswati said:
Hi to all,
I am starting this thread for people who got acceptance at UIC for calss starting at mid 2006.
I got acceptance in this program this year and it will be really helpful if all of you can post your results so we can come to know about all the people who actually got in to this program.
thanks
congraulations to all who got acceptance
bye from now. :thumbup:
congratulations but please post how much score is needed in uic as Iamtoostudingand am based in chicago with kids soit will be a great helpto know what score is requqred thanks

Hi Tazeen,
as per my experience score dosen't matter after you get interview call.
but yes score is important to get interview call. After that all candidates are at same level. To get acceptance is all based on your performance. I can tell this thing based on my experience as candidates who has better score than me was rejected this year from UIC. Try to get as much score as possible and from this year they are starting degree program so competition will be furious in next year to get accepted at UIC. I can assume that next year
90 % will be sufficient to get interview call and than all depends on your performance in interview as they are asking maiinly theoritical stuff in one hour interview. I hope this will help you. Let me know if you need further help.
bye from now
ashswati

Members don't see this ad :)
hi i called UIC but this telephone no is not working no one is there to answar my question please tell me exact contact no of UIC

Does anybody turned they official papers and security deposit yet? just asking. thanks.
I plan to do so the 8th.

Hi to all,
Please post a msg in this thread so that we can come to know all people who actually got into UIC and who are gonna accept the offer so that other people can have some idea about whats going on with the waitinglist and we can discuss finanical stuff too.
Thanks

ashswati said:
Hi Tazeen,
as per my experience score dosen't matter after you get interview call.
but yes score is important to get interview call. After that all candidates are at same level. To get acceptance is all based on your performance. I can tell this thing based on my experience as candidates who has better score than me was rejected this year from UIC. Try to get as much score as possible and from this year they are starting degree program so competition will be furious in next year to get accepted at UIC. I can assume that next year
90 % will be sufficient to get interview call and than all depends on your performance in interview as they are asking maiinly theoritical stuff in one hour interview. I hope this will help you. Let me know if you need further help.
bye from now
ashswati
thanks for the above information i have more than 5 yrs experience in india and since one year i am here do i need to compalsarily join some doctor here and does my past exp help me in add mission and does the uic give addmission only to us nationals and green card holders as i am on h4 visa which is spouce visa thanks please reply i will be grateful.

tazeen khan said:
thanks for the above information i have more than 5 yrs experience in india and since one year i am here do i need to compalsarily join some doctor here and does my past exp help me in add mission and does the uic give addmission only to us nationals and green card holders as i am on h4 visa which is spouce visa thanks please reply i will be grateful.
You do need to have a green card but next year I don't know if the rules will change since they are a degree program starting this year. :luck:

Aspita said:
You do need to have a green card but next year I don't know if the rules will change since they are a degree program starting this year. :luck:

I got this reply from the academic coordinator from UIC, which means you need to have either green card or be a resident for the program there.

"Thank you for your interest in the University of Illinois at Chicago
College of Dentistry.

At this time, students on visa status are not eligible to participate in
the International Dentist Program.

Jill R. Hofmeister
Admissions Coordinator"

Hello to all and congrats to everyone that got accepted to UIC! Hats off to ya Ashwati for creating this thread.. we really need it. Anyhoo, has anyone sent there deposit yet? And has anyone confirmed with ADA that the program will be an acreddited D.D.S.?? Hmm alot of questions huh.. :) o well, please post people and keep everyone informed! See ya in MAY!!

o yeah btw, any1 hear anything regarding financial aid?

ashswati said:
Hi to all,
Please post a msg in this thread so that we can come to know all people who actually got into UIC and who are gonna accept the offer so that other people can have some idea about whats going on with the waitinglist and we can discuss finanical stuff too.
Thanks
Hi everybody
I have been accepted in UIC too. I wanted to congrats to all who are accepted and good luck to all who are waiting. I am interested in sharing housing with girls who are wishing to apply for in campus housing UIC.Please pm me if interested.
Thank you.
Monika

Hi
As per my thinking UIC College of Dentistry has ADA accredited DDS program and anything that would end by getting DDS will fall under this condition so there is no need to verify that this program is accredited by ADA and also Dr. Tary Parson who is director of this program told me when I was interviewed there that after completing this program you will get DDS and be eligible to get licence in any state of your preference. As per my knowledge due date for sending deposite was 13th Jan so I believe everybody has already sent it. I did get a general information packet for financial aid from UIC couple days ago but that was just giving you general idea about fafsa, nothing new.
Please post all of you who has accepted UIC offer for International Dentist Program starting mid May.
Thanks

Hey guys see ya all in may . Has the official starting date been finalized? I talkd to Jilland she said it has yet to be finalized? Any update???

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all
Congratulations for acceptance in UIC.
If any one of u is from Illinois and leaving ur DA job pls let me know. I m interested in doing one at very low or even no pay.

Thanks in advance

Hey Zooky, I've been trying to find that information out myself! But to no avail, they are not yet sure. Based on calendar year 2005 the IDP program started on May 16th so I suppose it will happen around the same time. In addition, the IDP Class of 2006 graduation is May 7th. So I dont believe we will start before then. Please update us and make any corrections to this information as needed. Lastly, has anyone recieved any type of correspondence from UIC after making the deposit? And I think ashwati posted that she recieved some information on FAFSA... hmmm... I've yet to recieve anything outside of the acceptance letters ect... :confused:

DDS2BE@UIC said:
Hey Zooky, I've been trying to find that information out myself! But to no avail, they are not yet sure. Based on calendar year 2005 the IDP program started on May 16th so I suppose it will happen around the same time. In addition, the IDP Class of 2006 graduation is May 7th. So I dont believe we will start before then. Please update us and make any corrections to this information as needed. Lastly, has anyone recieved any type of correspondence from UIC after making the deposit? And I think ashwati posted that she recieved some information on FAFSA... hmmm... I've yet to recieve anything outside of the acceptance letters ect... :confused:

Hey DDS2b, I got a letter too from the financial aid dept about filling in the fafsa form, it contained an orientation letter too, BUt it said in the end "that see u in august"!!!! :eek: . I called Jill and asked her about the august thing, she said that it was a misprint the class will start in May but date has not been finalised as yet. Also I asked her that why the check I deposited, not been cashed yet, she said it will be done in a couple of weeks!!!! Did your univ send the official documents directly in a sealed packet yet?I am still waiting for them to send it!!

hey guys,

I was on the alternate list at UIC. I jjust received a call that I have been accepted today. so I guess the alternate list is moving... all the best for those who are waiting...

dentist80.

Hello dentist 80

Congrats !! on your acceptance :thumbup: :)
So, now that you have an acceptance at hand..
will be taking your name off the WAITLIST at USC and also UOP??
Good Luck at school :luck:
gn

dentist80 said:
hey guys,

I was on the alternate list at UIC. I jjust received a call that I have been accepted today. so I guess the alternate list is moving... all the best for those who are waiting...

dentist80.

dentist80 said:
hey guys,

Hi Dentist 80,

Congrats on ur acceptance :thumbup:
Pls let me know what was ur number in the waiting list.
Thank u.

hi fisheyes,

at uic they had just mentioned that I was among the top candidates on the waiting list... didnt give me a number...

dentist80

Gaura Nitai said:
Hello dentist 80

Congrats !! on your acceptance :thumbup: :)
So, now that you have an acceptance at hand..
will be taking your name off the WAITLIST at USC and also UOP??
Good Luck at school :luck:
gn

thanx..... I am not on waiting list at usc. as for uop I havent removed my name from the alternate pool. right now I am waiting for the official acceptance letter from uic. after that I can decide...
good luck...

dentist80

Hi everyone,

I just receive an email from Jill. It said:

"......Orientation will be held the week of May 8, 2006 and classes will begin on May 15, 2006. A more detailed schedule of orientation will be sent to you within the next month.........."

Congratulations! Fisheyes and Dentist80. Welcome to Class of 2008. See you all on May 8.

Goodluck everyone!!

hi kshah,

No i havent got a call yet...still waiting :(

zookybeanz said:
Hey DDS2b, I got a letter too from the financial aid dept about filling in the fafsa form, it contained an orientation letter too, BUt it said in the end "that see u in august"!!!! :eek: . I called Jill and asked her about the august thing, she said that it was a misprint the class will start in May but date has not been finalised as yet. Also I asked her that why the check I deposited, not been cashed yet, she said it will be done in a couple of weeks!!!! Did your univ send the official documents directly in a sealed packet yet?I am still waiting for them to send it!!

Heya zooks,

:( Sadly, my docs have yet to arrive at UIC! Hopefully it gets there soon as I'm weary of the postal system in my country!! ARGHHH!!!! Regarding school, May 8th is orientation and May15th is the beggining of class. My concern is FAFSA!! They won't start reviewing the apps regarding from FAFSA until MARCH!! That's my greatest concern as I will have to find additional funding!!! My question, do we just wait around till March?? The anxiety is killing me!! :scared:

dentist80 said:
hey guys,

dentist80.

CONGRATS Dentist80!! See ya in MAY if you elect to stay at UIC!!

DDS2BE@UIC said:
Heya zooks,

:( Sadly, my docs have yet to arrive at UIC! Hopefully it gets there soon as I'm weary of the postal system in my country!! ARGHHH!!!! Regarding school, May 8th is orientation and May15th is the beggining of class. My concern is FAFSA!! They won't start reviewing the apps regarding from FAFSA until MARCH!! That's my greatest concern as I will have to find additional funding!!! My question, do we just wait around till March?? The anxiety is killing me!! :scared:

My doc's havnt arrived as yet DDS2b but just chill as I talked to Jill about this and she said that it is ok they give an extension for the deadline. just call her tell your situation. I also got the email about the orientation and the starting date. About the Fafsa the deadline is March so you can fill it out now ASAP. You have to fill out for both 2005-06 and 2006-07 fafsa forms. And Dont worry about the funding, once in the school the financial aid people will help us in that matter. Just relax and begin preparing to move to Chicago-- THE WINDY CITY :D

hi dentist80
I am giving you a reminder about the housing, if you are interested let us know. I also pm you but may be you are busy. If you happen to read this post please let us know because me and one more girl who is accepted with us in UIC are deciding to share housing, if you want to join us you are more then welcome.waiting for your reply
Monika

ashswati said:
Hi
As per my thinking UIC College of Dentistry has ADA accredited DDS program and anything that would end by getting DDS will fall under this condition so there is no need to verify that this program is accredited by ADA and also Dr. Tary Parson who is director of this program told me when I was interviewed there that after completing this program you will get DDS and be eligible to get licence in any state of your preference ......
Thanks
These quotes are from the UIC website:

"Each year the College accepts 24 IDP candidates for its two-year certificate program."

"The total tuition for this two year program is $108,650 and includes the instrument and supply-leasing fee. In addition there will be a required $ 500 security deposit."

"Upon the successful completion of the program the participant is awarded a certificate that meets the requirements for the licensure process for the State of Illinois. Because this is a certificate program, and no degree is awarded, not all states will recognize it as sufficient for licensing purposes.

Please Note: The International Dentist Program is not an advanced standing program and applicants are not eligible to receive student visas, UIC financial aid, scholarships or tuition waivers. The program does not have the ability to issue F1 visas or process documents relating to visa status."

http://dentistry.uic.edu/admissions/idp/

Hope it clarifies the DDS issue. This is a certificate program. It is an excellent one too, but it will not grant you a DDS.
Congratulations to everyone accepted, and those waiting.
Best of luck.

monika sharma said:
hi dentist80
I am giving you a reminder about the housing, if you are interested let us know. I also pm you but may be you are busy. If you happen to read this post please let us know because me and one more girl who is accepted with us in UIC are deciding to share housing, if you want to join us you are more then welcome.waiting for your reply
Monika

Monika,

please check your pm. I had sent you 2 replies!!

dentist80.

Hi UIC candidates, UIC's course is now approved to Complete 2 year DDS course. Congratulations, It is finally approved. Financial companies are also visited the college about the new degree course. This degree is given to the last year admission students also. So cheer up UIC guys.

Thanx all you guys for congratulating and welcoming me into the group!! see ya alla in may!!

dentist80

NileBDS said:
These quotes are from the UIC website:

"Each year the College accepts 24 IDP candidates for its two-year certificate program."

"The total tuition for this two year program is $108,650 and includes the instrument and supply-leasing fee. In addition there will be a required $ 500 security deposit."

"Upon the successful completion of the program the participant is awarded a certificate that meets the requirements for the licensure process for the State of Illinois. Because this is a certificate program, and no degree is awarded, not all states will recognize it as sufficient for licensing purposes.

Please Note: The International Dentist Program is not an advanced standing program and applicants are not eligible to receive student visas, UIC financial aid, scholarships or tuition waivers. The program does not have the ability to issue F1 visas or process documents relating to visa status."

http://dentistry.uic.edu/admissions/idp/

Hope it clarifies the DDS issue. This is a certificate program. It is an excellent one too, but it will not grant you a DDS.
Congratulations to everyone accepted, and those waiting.
Best of luck.
Hello everyone !
I know it looks kind of stupid, me replying to my own message ... but anyways, I did want to correct my previous posting, and agree that the UIC IDP program, even though it says elsewise on their website, is on the fasttrack to becoming a DDS program !!
Congratualtions everyone !
I just spoke with "Jill" @ the admissions office today, and confirmed that with her.
Great news ...
Now they just need to figure out the financial aid situation, which they probably will soon!
Congrats everyone, and good luck !

Did any one call the housing Dept?? What are they offering?
My documents are still not in yet!!! :scared: :scared: what about everyone else?please bring me up to speed....... :confused:

Hey what happened to the UIC thread!!!! :mad: People keep it alive we have to spend 2 years together so share info so the transition into chicago is easier!!!!!
What is everyone doing regarding school?moving? housing? please bring me up to speed.....thanx :confused:

hi everyone,

I just got an email from Jill saying she is going to email everyone the name, college, state etc. info. of all the students of class of 2008 to each other.
I think it will we great to be able to know about each other.

Take care

Kshah said:
hi everyone,

I just got an email from Jill saying she is going to email everyone the name, college, state etc. info. of all the students of class of 2008 to each other.
I think it will we great to be able to know about each other.

Take care

Guys did you get this e-mail? 'cause my email adress was full and I just realize about that today!!! if you got it please let me know. Thanks

Aspita said:
Guys did you get this e-mail? 'cause my email adress was full and I just realize about that today!!! if you got it please let me know. Thanks

Hi Aspita,

I have received an email from Jill today with the name, email id and state of 13 students from our class of 2006.

dentist80 said:
Hi Aspita,

I have received an email from Jill today with the name, email id and state of 13 students from our class of 2006.

Thank you. I got that too today! Thanks so much for replying. :D

Hi everyone,
i also got accepted at UIC.So see u guys in May.

I got the email too.

Hey you all,
I dont understand why only 13 people agreed to comunicate with each other.
Come on and reply Jill with e-mail that we all want to know each other. This will help all of us a lot during this period and in upcoming 2 yrs.
Thnaks

To the 9 people that didn't reply Jill's mail please do so 'cause you're missing out! :thumbdown:

man...i wish i knew a little sooner......i could have applied!my damn luck!!!!!!! :mad:
32 pearls said:
I got this reply from the academic coordinator from UIC, which means you need to have either green card or be a resident for the program there.

"Thank you for your interest in the University of Illinois at Chicago
College of Dentistry.

At this time, students on visa status are not eligible to participate in
the International Dentist Program.

Jill R. Hofmeister
Admissions Coordinator"

Hey guys lets keep our thread going till we see eachother in may.
Is anybody going home before class start? what time do you thing will be the best to take 2 weeks out of the country?

have anybody heard from financial aid yet?

Aspita said:
have anybody heard from financial aid yet?

Hey,
I didn't hear anything from uic finanical aid department neither some of the other students.
We should e-mail them about this situation otherwise there will be so many suprises at the beginning.
ashish

ashswati said:
Hey,
I didn't hear anything from uic finanical aid department neither some of the other students.
We should e-mail them about this situation otherwise there will be so many suprises at the beginning.
ashish

Hey guys, I've been in corrospondence with the FAO and they seem to have finally got things together. I just visted the campus 2 weeks ago and Jill mentioned to me that the problem (well the delay) was with UIC's main campus. Fortunately enough, I got an email last week regarding my financial aid and it seems like we just need to wait for the the Federal Award letter via mail for the summer session. Hope that helps some of you relax a little as I too have been stressed out with the whole FINANCIAL aid ordeal!

See you all in MAY!!!

Hey Guys,
I am looking for a living place in chicago and would like to share with any guys. If anybody looking for a person to share living place please inform me. My e-mail id is [email protected]. Thank you
waiting for reply
ashish